PDA

View Full Version : Do you sharpen LO's?

WenRob
03-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Quite often I go over to Digi Shop Talk and read their help and tip threads. I've seen several dedicated to sharpening for the web which I get since they have a size limit over there. I've noticed here if I accidentally upload my full size rather then my net copy it does look infinatly better. However a lot of them talk about sharpening their full size LO's before printing. Does anyone here do that? I've tried it but it always looks like overkill on my screen. The prints I've had made so far seem quit sharp as is, people reach out and touch things so they obviously have a lot of depth. I also wonder how it affects a photo that has already been sharpened. (as my awesome teacher Daphne taught me to do) Any insight? Experiences? Thoughts?

WenRob
03-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Well I tried this on 5x5 versions on my HP compact printer and they turned out fabulous using the 'sharpen more' option in PSP. So I took a chance and did it on full size LO's that I recieved today and again, fabulous. They just make everything a little clearer and the colors pop. On the smaller versions I did samples of with and without and every time, hubby and Tiana picked the sharpened ones. (without knowing they were sharpened) So just thought I'd update if anyone was interested.

twirlyjoy
03-29-2008, 01:46 AM
I've seen the threads over there too, and wondered why people bothered, but now you say how much of a difference it makes, I might just have to try it!!