PDA

View Full Version : We arrived

emst
03-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi Everyone
Well we made it to Guatemala safe and sound. We had to wait a couple of hours to meet Kimberly and I have to say she is worth every month, week and day that we have all had to wait for her. She is of course missing her foster mom which is understandable, the only mom she's known since birth, but seems to be attaching herself to Michelle. She took to Madeline right away, hopefully the transition will go smooth for her. We all feel so bad that this tiny baby girl is missing her foster mom, hopefully in a day or two she will be adjusted to all of us.
Even though we were all so happy to finally have her with us we all felt so bad for the foster mom, we all had a cry, how hard it was for us to take Kimberly from her and for her to hand Kimberly over, she was truly a sweet woman. So glad we got to meet her and her family, you could just see the love they all have for Kimberly. So glad that Todd and Michelle are going to keep in touch with her. It takes a special kind of person to do what she does.
Here is their first family photo, they were listening to what the foster mom was telling them as far as Kimberly's likes and dislikes, so glad that Michelle is fluent in Spanish. Just had to share this little bit of news with all of you.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee169/emsst/IMG_2495.jpg

ozchicki
03-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Oh wow! I am all teary reading that. I think forster parents are angels in disguise!!

gigichet
03-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh how wonderful...I am so happy to hear that you all got there okay and that all is going well. What a beautiful and happy little family. It is just amazing that Kimberly does look like Michelle around the eyes. And I am sure that she was worth the wait she is GORGEOUS.

Have fun and stay safe...:)

HisKid
03-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Oh Elaine ... great to hear that you finally have Kimberly, she is beautiful!! Hope that all adjust quickly and that you have a good trip back home. :vb_chirolp_iei: *woot :gogo:

Debra
03-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Congratulations Grandma and family! It must be so bittersweet right now. Thanks for sharing the photo. Hope you have a safe and stress free trip back home and Kimberly adjusts as quickly as possible. Big Hugs!!

Charlie'sMomma
03-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Oh, Elaine! I'm so happy for all of you. What a wonderful way to celebrate Easter. Hugs to you.

Mom_of_5
03-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Oh, Elaine, she is just beautiful!! They make such a wonderfully beautiful family!! have a safe trip home!! Many hugs for all of you!!

schock77
03-22-2008, 07:48 PM
I have chills... what a BEAUTIFUL family! I am so thrilled for you all and pray that things continue to go smoothly as she transitions into her new family. You can already see how loved she is! Really, I'm going to cry now!!!! Its just wonderful...

HollyS
03-22-2008, 07:54 PM
{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}} to all of you! Congrats! Hoping she will adjust soon but i'm sure she will...kids are so resiliant (sp?) and especially with all the love that she will be showered with! Have a safe trip back home!

Happy Easter!

Sexy__Eyes
03-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh Elaine I just dont know what to say. Im looking at the photo with tears of joy in my eyes. What a grand moment it must have been to actually hold and hug her. I see Madeline cant keep her hands off of her. They will be so close. Love to you all. Safe return.

ScrapShana
03-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Wow, it's so hard to believe you finally have your little angel! Looks like Madeline is filling the shoes of "big sis" perfectly! How sweet is that!

Congratulations again, and I can't wait to see more pictures!!!!!!!!!!

WenRob
03-22-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm all choked up. Congrats to all. I love how Madeline is holding her hand, so sweet!

Leslie Emery
03-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Elaine.... Congratulations to you all. That must have been so hard... I can not even imagine. I am so happy that it makes me want to cry! I have been thinking about you and your family for the past couple of days. So happy to hear that things are going well.. Please keep us posted : )

Helen
03-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Congratulations Grandma!! This is so - what can I say - you know - HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!

his
03-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Wow! I'm so happy for you and so sad for the her foster mom.... Wonderful photo of the family!!! Have a safe trip back home.

inge
03-23-2008, 12:39 AM
What a sweet moment ! Thank you for saring this with us Elaine ! And congratulations on your new granddaughter !

shavari
03-23-2008, 02:53 AM
oh wow .. what a gorgeous little girl .. look at her innocence .. its written on her face. I can see why her foster carer would have a hard time letting go.

congrats to your family, she is a beautiful addition!

charliesnana
03-23-2008, 04:26 AM
Oh, Elaine, this is wonderful. Words can't descirbe how happy I am for you and your family. It is so precious how Madeline is holding Kimberly's hand. You all have been on my mind since before you left Florida ... thinking what all will be happening for you this weekend love is pouring your way. Have a safe trip home.
~Hugs~

Jody2
03-23-2008, 04:38 AM
I am so happy for you and your family. With the love I see in the photo I know Kimberly will adjust to the love your family has to give her very quickly. She is an absolutely adorable little girl. Congratulations to you all.

twirlyjoy
03-23-2008, 04:51 AM
oh wow! That's so exciting!!! She is adorable - a gorgeous addition to the family ;)

mosser77
03-23-2008, 08:20 AM
What a great looking family! Can't wait to see some pics of Grandma and Kimberly together!! Congrats!

PamWhit
03-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Wow Elaine -- that picture is so awesome! I love how Madeline is holding Kimberly's hand. You all must be right in seventh heaven. We're all sooooo happy for you. Be safe.

Gizmo04
03-23-2008, 01:21 PM
She is so adorable! Great photo. :)

anitastreet
03-23-2008, 02:31 PM
tears of happiness! I'm so happy for all involved! Kimberly get ready for lots of loving! I love how Madeline in holding her little sister's hand! how sweet! can't wait to hear more about your trip!

nancyrwa
03-23-2008, 09:48 PM
What a wonderful way to spend Easter! Thank you for sharing these pictures. I look forward to seeing your layouts of Kimberly and Madeline in the coming weeks! Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Melody
03-23-2008, 10:35 PM
How wonderful Elaine! I'm so happy for all of you. It looks like Madeline will make a wonderful big sister!

rumkimom
03-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Elaine - so glad to see them all together!! I knew you were leaving soon, but have been so out of touch since coming back that I missed when you left! Hope you all are having a wonderful trip and arrive home safely. At least you all will not have to deal with the jet-lag that we have. :)