PDA

View Full Version : Raising Children....

Debra
03-20-2008, 12:31 PM
So... I was having this fun conversation today with someone about "toddlers" and chuckling about how she would survive it... lol... barely :) and all the sudden it hit me, had she never seen Bill Cosby Himself?! That would surely be something to give her a sense of humor about the "situation".... :twitcy:

Low and behold, she had never seen it?!

Please tell me Holly and I are not the only ones who've laughed to the point of tears over this masterfully hilarious account of parenthood?!

I'm not sure which is my favorite statement - "My wife and I were intellectuals... BEFORE we had children"... or "Natural Childbirth - Which means that no drugs will be administered into the Mother's body during the birth ... The Father can have all he wants!"....

Oh geez, there are too many to even count!

If you haven't seen this comedy... trust me it's worth the pursuit to get your hands on it... heck, even the part about the dentist is enough to put you on the floor in laughter!

emst
03-20-2008, 12:50 PM
OMG Debra I have seen that and I was in hysterics the whole time, my girlfriend walked in and couldn't understand what was going on until she sat down and started to watch too. Bill Cosby Himself has to be an all time must see and you are right it's too hard to say which part was the best it was all hilarious.

twirlyjoy
03-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Nope, never seen it - sorry!!!!

So, she isn't the only one!

Maybe its cos I'm British??? We have no sense of humour, right????!!!! :wink::wink::wink:

gigichet
03-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Oh I love that one...regardless of how many times that you have seen it you still laugh the whole way through the show. We have watched it many, many times.

Sexy__Eyes
03-20-2008, 01:42 PM
All I know is that cake IS a great breakfast, like Bill says there are eggs and flour etc...how can it not be healthy.

Debra
03-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Nope, never seen it - sorry!!!!

So, she isn't the only one!

Maybe its cos I'm British??? We have no sense of humour, right????!!!! :wink::wink::wink:

Well If I can sent it internationally it is coming to you! I have it in both DVD (because my adult kids love it so much and have purchased it recently - and in VHS - lol..yes, it's that old!)

And pooh on that British humor, you'll laugh no matter what you're humor!

griest
03-20-2008, 02:56 PM
It wasn't more than 2-3 months ago that my husbanc and I were talking about this particular show and dug it out to show my 19 year old daughter who had no idea what we were talking about. Of course we cracked up during the whole tthing. You're right--no matter how many times you watch it you can't help but laugh! Love that man!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Andrea
03-20-2008, 04:24 PM
"Dad is great...gives me the chocolate cake!" :laugh: Even I've seen it! She's pretty deprived if she hasn't seen that!!

WenRob
03-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Oh what a classic! David and I quote him all the time. I find myself saying, "Come here, here, HERE all the time, lol!

sparkles
03-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Love that show. I really love the Brain Dead segement. Fits teenagers to a tee. I have it on my Zune player.

mosser77
03-20-2008, 05:38 PM
"Dad is great...gives me the chocolate cake!" :laugh: Even I've seen it! She's pretty deprived if she hasn't seen that!!

Watch who you're talking about, Andrea!! :wink:

I guess I better rent it! :)

HollyS
03-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Deb and I were rolling today watching/listening to it AGAIN! I had it on and she was on the phone with me...we were laughing so hard our stomachs were killing us! Can anyone say SNORT! LOL...

Anyway, I love so many parts of it but I love love the chocolate cake storyline.....and especially the ending of that part that shares a well-known tidbit of info on husbands...that they try to not do something right to get out of doing it the next time!

anitastreet
03-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Love that show. I really love the Brain Dead segement. Fits teenagers to a tee. I have it on my Zune player.

LOL..yup, love that part too..and the cake for breakfast..and the childbirth part..oh, heck..all of it! it's hilarious!

and Joy..Brits have a great sense of humor! Monty Python, Fawlty Towers,...oh so many great British comedies on BBC....

inge
03-21-2008, 05:02 AM
except for Mr. Bean, that is so NOT funny !

And we now the Cosby shows here in Belgium too. The show was on tv when I was just a little girl but you are right it was funny ! Now there is a cartoon called little Bill...not that funny but rather cute.

twirlyjoy
03-21-2008, 06:22 AM
except for Mr. Bean, that is so NOT funny !

See, I LOVE Mr Bean!!! Rowan Atkinson is just hysterical!!!

Oh, and to add to the British comedies, Little Britain is the best!

inge
03-21-2008, 06:27 AM
You can't discuss taste and beauty... and humour !

amyleigh1204
03-21-2008, 06:48 AM
My tag line on Hello is from Bill Cosby Himself! "Parents are not interested in justice. They only want peace and quiet!"

Andrea
03-21-2008, 08:26 AM
I didn't mean this bad, but you should feel deprived if you haven't seen it! It's completely worth the effort to find it and watch it. Definitely go rent it and you'll see what I mean. Maybe that's what I need right now too! :laugh:

Watch who you're talking about, Andrea!! :wink:

I guess I better rent it! :)

Andrea
03-21-2008, 08:29 AM
The British comedies are great too! My sister in law had to ban Monty Python from my brother because he was quoting it all the time. He's not allowed to watch that or Napolean Dynamite. :laugh: Maybe I should give him a copy of the Bill Cosby DVD. I'm sure it would be a lot better to deal with!

LOL..yup, love that part too..and the cake for breakfast..and the childbirth part..oh, heck..all of it! it's hilarious!

and Joy..Brits have a great sense of humor! Monty Python, Fawlty Towers,...oh so many great British comedies on BBC....