PDA

View Full Version : I'm Leaving

emst
03-20-2008, 10:46 AM
This is it, the time has finally arrived that we will be going to Guatemala to get Kimberly. Talk about a family that is totally excited. I leave at 5:00 in the morning tomorrow to drive up to Virginia and then on Saturday morning we will be flying out of Washington DC to go to Guatemala. By 4:00 on Saturday afternoon Michelle, Todd and Madeline will have Kimberly. The foster mom will be bringing her to the hotel, we will all be waiting in a private room together excited and hopefully patiently. On Monday Michelle and Todd will take Kimberly to the US Embassy to sign all the final papers. We will then fly back to DC late Wednesday night. Then I'll drive home Friday morning so that they can have some private time for all of them to get used to one another. That I'm sure will be a hard goodbye for me. But then of course I'll be back to Virginia for my monthly trip and Kimberly will be having a big 1st birthday celebration.
Hopefully we will have good internet connections because I know I'm going to be anxious to share photos.
Thanks to all of you who have been so awesome with all your encouraging words a few months ago when it was touch and go as to whether or not Michelle and Todd would be able to get Kimberly out of the country. It's been great sharing part of my family with all of you.
Hugs to all of my digi family
Elaine

Andrea
03-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Oh, hugs to you and your family Elaine! I hope all goes well!!!

his
03-20-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm so happy for you and your family! Hope everything will be OK! I can't wait to see more photos of Kimberly!

Sexy__Eyes
03-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Awesome Elaine, excellent news! Have a safe trip and bring home many photos.

HollyS
03-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Enjoy this beautiful journey Elaine! Can't wait til you get back so you can share your happenings with us! Take care...

Debra
03-20-2008, 11:07 AM
So excited for you! Have a safe and wonderful trip!

HisKid
03-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Oh Elaine, how exciting! I hope all goes well and that you have a safe trip. Can't wait to see some pictures. :hi:

eb2177
03-20-2008, 11:20 AM
How exciting! Can't wait to see pictures! Have a safe trip!

twirlyjoy
03-20-2008, 11:59 AM
That's awesome!!! Praying for a safe and happy trip for you all :)

gigichet
03-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Woohoo...I think that I am almost as excited as you are. I can't wait to see the pictures and to have her in Mommies arms FINALLY.

We sure are gonna miss you...( but have a safe and wonderful trip.

Gizmo04
03-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Really exiting. Have a nice trip Elaine. Looking forward to the pictures. :)

Mom_of_5
03-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Have fun! Be safe!

griest
03-20-2008, 01:51 PM
WOW! WOW! WOW! I'm so excited for you. Nothing like a new life to celebrate! Can't wait to see some pics of Kimberly (what a GREAT name--LOL) Have a wonderful time with your family. Be safe
Kim

ScrapShana
03-20-2008, 02:26 PM
YAY! I'm sooo excited for you all! I'll pray for a safe and joyful trip. God bless!

Maisie
03-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Have a safe trip, and, I am so happy for you and your family!

charliesnana
03-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Been playing with Jack all day and just now saw your note that all is scheduled. How excited and happy you all must be! Give Kimberley a hug for me while you are getting yours. Have a safe trip.
Hugs ...

WenRob
03-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Woo hoo! Have a safe trip and bring back tons of pics!

PamWhit
03-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Wow, Elaine, such fantastic news. What an awesome trip this will be. I don't think any of you will be waiting patiently! Be safe and we'll all be thinking of you. Can't wait to see Kimberly and Madeline together.:goodluck:

anitastreet
03-20-2008, 05:16 PM
oh, how exciting..and I just realized the dates.. March 22 is Lizzie's Forever Family day....the day we met her for the very first time in China...4 years ago!.... the adoption was completed on March 23 so that's adoption day but we celebrate the 22nd..that's the day they handed her over to us!

I'm so happy for your family! I can't wait to hear about your trip..and to maybe one day get to meet you little ones! HUGS for a safe and joyful journey!

Motherhood, however it happens is a Miracle!

emst
03-20-2008, 06:30 PM
oh, how exciting..and I just realized the dates.. March 22 is Lizzie's Forever Family day....the day we met her for the very first time in China...4 years ago!.... the adoption was completed on March 23 so that's adoption day but we celebrate the 22nd..that's the day they handed her over to us!

I'm so happy for your family! I can't wait to hear about your trip..and to maybe one day get to meet you little ones! HUGS for a safe and joyful journey!

Motherhood, however it happens is a Miracle!

Wow Anita that is crazy isn't it, the 22nd is the first time that any of us will see Kimberly for the first time and she will be handed over. I'm sure if it wasn't Easter and the 23rd being a Sunday they probably would have the same date for the adoption completion too. And yes we really have to get together, this summer when the girls are all of of school we will definitely get together. Something else to look forward to.

ozchicki
03-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Wow...Have a safe trip! I am so excited for you!!

shavari
03-20-2008, 07:43 PM
wow .. how exciting .. I hope everything goes to plan .. what a super easter gift!

gigichet
03-21-2008, 09:27 AM
I am missing you already and you are not even out of the United States yet...:(

kel3120
03-21-2008, 09:53 AM
That's so exciting Elaine! Wishing you safe travels for you and your family!

Helen
03-21-2008, 12:56 PM
YAHOO!!!!!!!!! I missed commenting on this yesterday - I think.

Congratulations and looking forward to seeing all of your photos and layouts when you get back!!!! HUGS

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa94/HelenEhrenhofer/baby.gif

emst
03-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Thank you everyone for your well wishes. I made it to my first leg of the trip, I'm in VA. Everyone is just so excited that we are literally running in circles for the last minute packing.
I'm sure if I can actually get a connection I'll be posting a few photos on Monday.
Hugs Elaine

ThoughtfilledMe
03-21-2008, 02:49 PM
My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. Hope all goes well.