PDA

View Full Version : Easter Weekend

twirlyjoy
03-19-2008, 12:42 PM
So, what do you all have planned for this weekend????

Friday is a 'take-it-easy' day, although I am sure I will be persuaded to put up the girls new blind and wall lamp in their room!

Then, on Saturday, it is my brother's 30th birthday party - fancy dress theme is 1980s/90s, so I have the girls dressing up as Banarama, and I am going as their biggest fan! lol!

Sunday we are going to my Dad's and my brothers will be there too - us three get to be the Easter bunnies and will hide lots of eggs around the garden - well, the ones we don't eat anyway! We have a competition every year to see which of us can come up with the most obscure hiding place - not that we are competitive or anything!

Then Monday we will be recovering from the weekend I guess!!!

Whatever you are doing, have a great one!!!

Antje
03-19-2008, 02:13 PM
We are going to color some eggs on Friday and that would be mostly it for the day...
On Saturday, my MIL and SIL will be coming over to avoid the crowd on Sunday and celebrate early easter with us.
Sunday, we have the rest of the family over for a big breakfast / brunch and will be hiding eggs and presents in the garden. Robin will have a blast finding them all!
Monday will be a very quiet day, nothing planned so far. But if it continues snowing as it is today, we will be heading over to the Taunus to have some fun in the snow.

Debra
03-19-2008, 04:39 PM
oh my goodness...snow! I can't imagine any of that at this point! Hope you're cozy inside enjoying loads of family time! :)

As for us, the kids are coming home and my mom's coming over and we'll be doing church in the morning and then lunch and easter egg hunt... Hannah and I will be dying Easter eggs either Friday night or Saturday :)

Mom_of_5
03-19-2008, 07:52 PM
oh my goodness...snow! I can't imagine any of that at this point! Hope you're cozy inside enjoying loads of family time! :)

As for us, the kids are coming home and my mom's coming over and we'll be doing church in the morning and then lunch and easter egg hunt... Hannah and I will be dying Easter eggs either Friday night or Saturday :)

I can imagine snow...all I have to do is walk out the door. It snowed 2" in 2 hours this evening after it has rained all the rest of the day!

We are going to New Hampshire to my mom's house, leaving tomorrow evening and don't come back until the 28th.

Gizmo04
03-20-2008, 12:46 AM
We can look forward to a snowstorm in the next couple of days, maybe. The weathermen has predicted it!
Friday and monday we're heading off for some birthdays. My DH's sister and mother. The rest of easter is totally relaxation. :)

ozchicki
03-20-2008, 03:09 AM
We are going to dig up an area in our backyard to prepare for a veggie patch. My parents are coming up tonight (Thursday)-actually due here any minute and will play with the kids tomorrow and do "Easter" with them then. Then The big fluffy white dude comes Sunday. We just want to take it easy.

I have had a rough week at school and need to get my emotional self back on track.

Oh and of course...digiscrapping :) :)

shavari
03-20-2008, 04:06 AM
tomorrow is sleep in day .. saturday is business as usual (shopping for weeks food etc), sunday is easter hunt and hopefully weather permitted, a visit to the zoo and Monday will be another slack day

and I'll be testing out my .. new Bamboo Fun graphics tablet!!! .. yes, Im excited!!! :D

Jody2
03-20-2008, 04:34 AM
Well tonight is Maundy Thursday so we will be going to Church - also again tomorrow morning for a Good Friday Service. Sunday Morning will see us at the Easter pancake breakfast and then the Worship service at 10:00 am.

From Church we will go to our daughter's for a wonderful Easter Brunch feast. Our son and family will also be there so brunch will be followed by an Easter egg hunt in the house as we still have piles and piles of snow. Our other 4 grandchildren live 1600 miles away so we won't be seeing them this Easter. Monday I will rest. LOL

amyleigh1204
03-20-2008, 09:33 AM
OOO, Yay!! I am off work tomorrow!! But, I have started painting my bathroom so I will be working on that....ick. Then i have a wedding shower to go to on Saturday. After church on Sunday, we will go out to lunch with the in-laws. That about covers it!

kel3120
03-21-2008, 10:42 AM
The facility that I work at is closed for the day, so I am enjoying a day off! Work has been busy lately, so I'm happy for a break. Getting caught up with scrapping stuff too!

We are really getting hit with the snow right now. Probably have about four inches already, and the winter storm warning is suppose to last until midnight I think. Last I heard we are suppose to get 10 inches. I hate it because most of it was gone yesterday!

The only actual plans I have are to head to my parents house on Sunday for Easter. It's nice to have a holiday that is more relaxed and we don't feel like we have to go to 3 different places in one day.

Helen
03-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Well it is SNOWING here today - Friday! In northern Illinois (USA) we are supposed to get about 6 to 15 inches of snow - I am in the county that is supposed to get about 12 or 14 inches of snow - EGADS!!!!!!

The kids are going to be wearing boots on Sunday with their Easter outfits.
I was out shopping a little yesterday since it was 50 degrees and supposed to snow today - good thing I did.

Saturday we are going to one set of grandkids and help color Easter eggs and watch them in their swim class.

Sunday we are going to brother in law's for Easter dinner - everyone is gathering this year and we will see the other set of grandkids there.

Everyone have a great weekend. I'm going to stay inside as much as possible and just look at the pretty snow falling outside.

Andrea
03-21-2008, 01:56 PM
We're going to Idaho to do an easter egg hunt with my hubby's family. I think it will be a lot of fun.