PDA

View Full Version : With kids or in school...when is your spring break?

HollyS
03-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Just curious...because ours is not until April 14th...can you believe it? As of now, we aren't planning any travelling but will probably head to the beach since it's close, etc.

When is yours and what will you be doing?

emst
03-11-2008, 06:55 AM
I'm way too old for Spring Breaks and so are my girls, but Madeline's is coming up soon and it works out that it is the week that we are going to Guatemala to get Kimberly, yeah finally. We will be there for Easter, will be leaving on the 22nd and coming back on the 26th. Michelle and Todd said that we'll get in a day of siteseeing to Antiqua, can't wait, hope the weather is good so that I can get some good photos.

inge
03-11-2008, 07:07 AM
In Belgium there is one week 'krokusvakantie' at the end of february and we have a two week easter vacation, two weeks after Easter (03/24 - 04/04).

schock77
03-11-2008, 08:03 AM
I teach in TX and our spring break is right now- woohoo! So I'm making the most of it and scrappin'. If the rain stops, we'll be headed out with the kids later in the week.
But for now, I feel crummy and the weather's crummy... so scrap it is.

sparkles
03-11-2008, 08:23 AM
My kids are on spring break on Good Friday and that Monday and Tuesday after Easter. On that Monday and Tuesday I will be at a shoot about 4 hours away

twirlyjoy
03-11-2008, 08:24 AM
My girls had their half term break (1week) at the end of February, and usually have 2 weeks over Easter, but as Easter is so early this year, they have changed that and now they get a long weekend at Easter and 2 weeks off from 4th April.

Mom_of_5
03-11-2008, 09:00 AM
The boys are out for spring break from Good Friday, the 21st, through Monday, the 31st. All the kids and I will be visiting my parents in New Hampshire. We leave on the 21st and should return on the 28th so that mom & I can attend the National Sewing & Quilt Expo in Cleveland on Saturday the 29th. Us girls go every year! We were going to go all 3 days this year and take classes but my dad got upset that we would be 'interfering with his time' with the boys. So, alas, he wins and we will stay longer in NH and only go to the show on Saturday. Men!!

ScrapShana
03-11-2008, 09:16 AM
We're all out for the week now. On Thursday we'll be heading for the coast to check on friends and see how the rebuilding process is going. Other than that, I'm scrapping and designing, and oh yeah, doing a weeeeee bit of house cleaning. LOL

pSyren
03-11-2008, 03:44 PM
27 September to 12 October this year :) Oh wow I just realised I'm having a spring break baby and it's our wedding anniversary on the 29th Sept.

schock77
03-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Wow! When are you due?
27 September to 12 October this year :) Oh wow I just realised I'm having a spring break baby and it's our wedding anniversary on the 29th Sept.

nancyrwa
03-11-2008, 04:23 PM
My spring break begins after school on Friday and lasts for two weeks! I am so ready for this break; unfortunately, I am coming down with a cold which is typical for this time of year :(

pSyren
03-11-2008, 04:25 PM
hehehe well if I go full term I'm due the 8th Oct but the Dr thinks I'll only go to July so we'll see who wins that bet.

schock77
03-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Ha ha! I have a july baby and a september baby... hope yours goes to full term (not to torture you, but just to be sure baby's healthy)! :) Let us know when you hear boy or girl...

Antje
03-12-2008, 01:33 AM
We have easter vacation the two weeks after easter. It does not affect us though, as Robin is still in Kindergarten and they are only closed during easter and Lukas is way too young... :-)

Maisie
03-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Nick was home last week for spring break. Feb 27th through March 9th.
Of course he slept all day and was up all night! LOL
Ah... the life of a college student. lol