PDA

View Full Version : Yay! We have power!

Mom_of_5
03-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Finally, we have light and computers and internet! The storms we had last night were awful. We lost power around 9 pm last night and got it back about an hour ago. We woke up to 1/2" of ice with snow coming down.

Such terrible winds and things hitting the house and roof! We have several trees that lost more than the normal branches. We have huge parts of our trees down. Now we know what was hitting the roof!

Mike has yet to go up in the attic above the bedrooms to check for damage. We can't see any from the ground.

What a mess!

twirlyjoy
03-05-2008, 12:21 PM
oh no! That doesn't sound good! Hope there is little/no damage. Glad you are all safe - must be pretty scary to go through that!

Sexy__Eyes
03-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Wow! Glad o hear that your safe tho. It is very scarey...especially if theres no way to call for help if needed.

gigichet
03-05-2008, 05:12 PM
I am so glad to hear that everyone is okay...you must have gotten more of the ice then we did. So happy to hear that you are back in business...did you have scrappin withdrawals? I would have...:)

emst
03-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Oh wow just saw this Mel, we had really high winds last night but nothing like this, glad all is safe and well.

Mom_of_5
03-05-2008, 06:37 PM
I am so glad to hear that everyone is okay...you must have gotten more of the ice then we did. So happy to hear that you are back in business...did you have scrappin withdrawals? I would have...:)

That's so funny, cuz as dh & I were sitting here with candles I said, "Hey, I can use my laptop until the batteries run out." And Mike replied, "Mel, we still have to have electricity for the wireless internet." Duh, me...:rolleyes1:

So Sam & I just went to bed :laugh: