PDA

View Full Version : What other crafts do you do?

redring
03-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Hello all! While I have a moment I wanted to to satisfy a curiousity. What crafts besides scraping dose everyone do? I know people are always superised to find I make soap from scratch. I find it superiseing my self. I never thought I could but I wanted to soo much. It turned out after monthes of buying a few suplies at a time DH had to hold my hand through the first batch. I loved it! Still do when I get time. What about everyone else?

Debra
03-02-2008, 04:56 PM
only craft I get into are the ones coming from Hannah's assignments in Kindergarten!

Mom_of_5
03-02-2008, 05:34 PM
hmmm...lots of school projects :laugh:

also do cross-stitch, fleece blankets, embellish clothing, and trying to get started on quilting...

can't think of anything else off the top of my head!

tweederbug
03-02-2008, 05:45 PM
I am not that crafty at all. I make and sell tutus for photo props. I also make expoding scrapbooks..these are always a hit for teachers or any job that requires a desk. I do alot of photography but I don't think that that is a craft.

redring
03-02-2008, 07:46 PM
photography is certantly a craft! :) Cooking is counted as one too. lots of things are. Debra you are crafty enough here. I bet the teachers love to see what hanna brings in though. I bet you really encurage her to be imaginitive.

Helen
03-02-2008, 08:54 PM
I am not that crafty at all. I make and sell tutus for photo props. I also make expoding scrapbooks..these are always a hit for teachers or any job that requires a desk. I do alot of photography but I don't think that that is a craft.

ok - I'm into a lot of crafts but i've never heard of an exploding scrapbook!
what is that?

I've been into crafts my entire life - my mother taught me to sew when I was 5 years old - at least I remember that - may have been doing it before then.

Here are my current crafty hobbies (though since I've been digiscrapping, I have not had time to do much on these).

sewing, quilting, cross stitch, needlepoint, petit point, silk ribbon embroidery, heirloom sewing, jewlery making, crocheting, ribbonwork (making bows and victorian gifts), flower arranging, party planning (invitations, decorations, favors), shadowboxes (framed wedding and christening bouquets, invitations, etc), dried flowers and pressed flowers - i dry and press the flowers and have made stationary, cards, framed bouquets, and shadowboxes with them.

love most anything to do with fine linens, silk ribbons, and flowers. mostly victorian and vintage crafts.

eb2177
03-02-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm also a photographer, at least I enjoy taking pictures. :o) I also enjoy crochet and making beaded jewlery, although I haven't done much of either in the last year or so. I also used to do origami (Japanese paper folding), granted I haven't made anything in a loooong time, other then a few Christmas Tree ornaments.

shavari
03-03-2008, 01:13 AM
:hi: Im into paper scrapbooking, cross stitching/needlepoint, jewellery making, sewing, quilling. I also read a LOT and play my GameBoy DS :D

mosser77
03-03-2008, 03:50 AM
I used to cross stitch until I sat my bum down in front of GDS!

tweederbug
03-03-2008, 06:13 AM
I used to cross stitch until I sat my bum down in front of GDS!

I had to laugh at this. I think we all can relate.
Helen,an exploding scrapbook is a scrapbook that looks like a box,made from cardstock and has a lid. When you take the lid off it turns into a "scrapbook". It has different layers of cardstock that you put pictures,stickers and all kinds of things on to showcase pictures. I will try to get a picture of one for you. I have one..but it is as plain as can be that I am working on for Christmas pictures. I just can't seem to find time since I found GDS LOL!!

inge
03-03-2008, 06:40 AM
I can relate !

At least this hobby doesn't make a mess ! I used to do some calligraphy and some shadowpainting. I actually started to practice these things so I could use them for my first paperscrapbook (of our weddingpictures) but I ended up here and never left ! LOL

OneMemory
03-09-2008, 10:17 PM
I have taken all my other crafts and made them digital-quilting-only if I make the design or layout and print to fabric or iron-on squares, then quilt. Modge podge tiles or letters or anything that will sit still long enough-with papers I've printed. I even print on tissue paper. We should start a 12 step program for this addiction... :)

redring
03-10-2008, 10:43 PM
But who would use the program? I think we are all happy addicts.:laugh:

I have taken all my other crafts and made them digital-quilting-only if I make the design or layout and print to fabric or iron-on squares, then quilt. Modge podge tiles or letters or anything that will sit still long enough-with papers I've printed. I even print on tissue paper. We should start a 12 step program for this addiction... :)