PDA

View Full Version : How On Earth Did You Get Into Digi-Scrapping?

Debra
03-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Isn't it funny how things happen...

One day I was on ebay and found this wonderful magical kids portraits seller... for some reason my first thought was...I so want to do this myself! Off I went looking for digital photography manipulation and somehow ended up in the digiscrapping world... I'm so glad I did!

How about you? How did you arrive in digi-scrapping?

Sexy__Eyes
03-02-2008, 08:12 AM
I stumbled on it by accident when I was searching google for some graphics tuts and forums. Glad I did.

TSavoie11
03-02-2008, 08:37 AM
I dabbled in paper scrapping (bought more stuff than I used!) and found Picaboo where you can drop in photos and backgrounds really easily and make photo books. Well, I wanted my pages to look more realistic, so long story short...here I am!

Maisie
03-02-2008, 10:27 AM
I was cruising all scrapbooking websites, and came across SSB, and 3 scraps.
I was so hooked!!! I finally settled at the best community ever! GDS. I just wish I had more time to spend here.

twirlyjoy
03-02-2008, 10:51 AM
I was searching online for printable papers to use in my card making and discovered a few digiscrapping sites!

Then realised that the computer photo collages I was already doing were a basic version of digital scrapbooking! The rest, as they say, is history!!!

WenRob
03-02-2008, 12:06 PM
I did a lot of collages and sigs for friends, Christmas cards etc but it never occured to me digi scrapping existed. My cousin posted some stuff on our family website and then asked me to do Helen's tear challenge. I didn't really think I'd hang around but here I am, first to snap up new kits and a brand new 500GB external hard drive at my side.:twitcy:

pSyren
03-02-2008, 01:23 PM
I started making collages with my photos and then looked for ways to decorate them a bit. Digi scrapping just followed on I guess, mostly making my own bits and pieces because I wasn't sure how to credit kits. I only really dabbled though until I saw the supreme team comp advertised somewhere and jumped in with both feet :) I've been hooked since Jan.

schock77
03-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Well, I'm no where near the caliber of scrapper that the above posters are, so it's interesting reading how they got started. I actually was spending the summer home with the kids (I'm a teacher) and posting a lot on babycenter. Some of the girls had these cute siggies and I had someone make me one, then asked her how she made it and first learned about this little program called Photoshop Elements 5.0... I ran out and bought it packaged with premiere elements (which I still have not had time to check out)... and here I am now.

I never paper scrapped as its so "permanent" -if you mess up, that's just too bad- I'm just not crafty enough for it. Plus I'm a bit of a techie nerd, so digital scrapping made complete sense for me. And once I found GDS... talk about a great place to talk, learn and shop!

redring
03-02-2008, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=Debra;68136]Isn't it funny how things happen...

One day I was on ebay and found this wonderful magical kids portraits seller... for some reason my first thought was...I so want to do this myself! Off I went looking for digital photography manipulation and somehow ended up in the digiscrapping world... I'm so glad I did!

QUOTE]

Debra and I have pretty much the same story. I spent monthes ignoring the digiscraping stuff though. I just kept comming back to it trying to find tuts on manip. I hated the idea of scrapbooking at all. I wanted to do photo manip. Finally a caved and gave it a try. I thought it may provide some extra practice with photoshop so the program and I could get to know each other better. Then I was addicted!!! LOL! Its about time I found somthing to do with my photo obsession. Now I love digi!!! I like scrapbooking more than I ever would have thought.

digimom
03-04-2008, 04:52 AM
It's fun to hear how people came into it!

I started out and still do photo collages and love putting effects on my pictures, that's how I started. I was always interested in scrapbooking and drawn to those aisles in craft stores, but it just seemed overwhelming so I never did it, but then when I wanted to decorate a collage, I was looking around and found digital scrapbooking sites. I've been doing it ever since and now am trying my hand at designing too. I am a techie too, all self taught, but a techie none-the-less, so anything I can do on the computer I love.

superbree
03-04-2008, 08:41 AM
I guess I am a little different. I had been a die hard paper scraper for almost 5 years, when a friend switched to digital. I thought she was crazy and I didn't want to leave behind the feel of the paper and the shopping that went with it!! Then I gave birth to my third child and lost my craft room in a move and then the quickness, ease, and less mess of digital made all the sense in the world. I downloaded a template and some instructions and I was hooked, never went back to paper for even a minute!!! How much better is it to "Shop" from your house in your pajamas!!