PDA

View Full Version : Looking for computer suggestions...

kel3120
02-25-2008, 05:24 PM
It's about that time for me to start thinking about getting a new computer. Since it will be the first that I buy after starting digital scrapbooking, I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on what I should get.

I know I want another laptop and will probably go with Dell again. Other than that, I'm not really sure about things like RAM and hard drive size. I use PSE 6.0 if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help with this!

anitastreet
02-25-2008, 05:48 PM
I agree, go with Dell.. I've had 3...and they are all still working...my new laptop is an XPS m1730 and I LOVE it..get as much memory and processor as you can afford. I have 4Gig of memory..and it's been great! I use PSPx2 with no problems.

kel3120
02-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the reply Anita. I guess I was only looking at the Inspiron and not the XPS. I will check those out a little closer. I want to make sure to get something that will last awhile and not become outdated quickly, so spending a little extra money would be worth it. Thanks!

ABitDaffy
02-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Another vote here for the XPS - I have an XPS desktop and a laptop and I've been very happy with both of them. I only have 2GB of RAM and I think, given the option, I'd probably do like Anita did and go with 4GB. I don't have any trouble running PSP on the 2GB boxes, but I think there are times that extra memory would be nice.

Amberpony
04-11-2008, 05:56 PM
I agree with the 4 gb ram I would have it if I could. But I am doing fine with 2.
I am a big AMD fan gave into intel once and regretted it.
Go big on the HD Vista is a huge memory hog. You lucked out with PSE6 it works with Vista.
Try & get a docking station too so you can plug everything into it and then it is 1 cable to hook them all to the laptop. I just loved to sit outside on the porch with mine and the docking station is great. :wink:

Just remember you are looking at having to get all new Software also & download new drivers for your printer etc. My 1 year old scanner is still waiting for a software update so I can use it again.

Enjoy your new puter.