PDA

View Full Version : How Many Do You Make?

Debra
02-22-2008, 09:45 PM
How many layouts (on average) do you usually make with a page kit?

twirlyjoy
02-23-2008, 02:32 AM
It often depends on the kit! Some kits I can make layout after layout with - Scrapkut's girly girl kit is a prime example! But, usually, its 1 or 2. As long as I get 1 LO out of the kit, I feel I have got my money's worth - one paper LO would cost far more than that to make!

HollyS
02-23-2008, 03:34 AM
Ditte what Joy said....worded wonderfully!

Sexy__Eyes
02-23-2008, 04:19 AM
I can make quite a few, not all at once but in time I will reopen kits and use them again.

digimom
02-23-2008, 04:22 AM
At least 1-2 usually, but sometimes more. Very true though, 1 LO does give you your money's worth really.

emst
02-23-2008, 05:59 AM
I always make at least 2 from each kit, there have been some kits that I've done as many as 4 layouts with. Depends on what photos I have to use with the kits.

anitastreet
02-23-2008, 07:32 AM
I use them several times..if I like them :) which is most of them....

kits I keep using over and over include Theresa's Dazzling, Jessica's Indian Summer, Doreen's Versatility(the name alone should tell folks they can get several layouts from it), Beckie's Sakura, the GDS collab kits(they are so big I could make several layouts and never repeat stuff anyway)...oh I could go on and on....my thing right now is I have so many kits I haven't used yet either... but I do have my favorites..and find I go back to them often.... but I do like to work with the new kits too......

it's not really about getting my money's worth because like Joy said, one layout and I've broken even compared to paper scrapping (and sometimes even cheaper because I was the queen of throwing away a paper layout and starting over when I really didn't like it)...for me it's a matter of coordinating my pages.. I've starting really liking 2 page layouts...like the one I did for family fun night with Shana's Groovin' page kit...they look awesome printed and next to each other in your scrapbook! ... I almost always did matching or coordinating pages when I paper scrapped...

Angel2712
02-24-2008, 07:53 AM
Actually it depends on the kit... When I really like a kit I can make more than 2 layouts...

Most times I make up to 2 layouts from one kit....

eb2177
02-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Most kits I use I get at least a couple of layouts from, then there are a few kits I find myself using again and again. Even though a have a bunch of kits that I have and like the looks of, but just haven't used yet. There is just too much good stuff out there! It is so wonderful that this is all digital and fits in the computer (well external drive) instead of all over my extra room, my huspand is happy about that as well! :o)

Mom_of_5
02-24-2008, 12:50 PM
usually 1-2 layouts and I have LOADS of kits that I have never used...YET

Debra
02-28-2008, 04:19 AM
usually 1-2 layouts and I have LOADS of kits that I have never used...YET

That's me too Mel... I have quite a few I haven't ever even used...! I love Quickpages..so I have more of those that are just waiting for that perfect photo..lol

GardenGirl05
04-04-2008, 03:36 PM
I have an enormous stash that I haven't used yet because I am just getting started digi scrapping. I got a little excited about all the fun stuff out there and went just a little crazy buying a ton of kits. But I'm sure I'll use them all eventually....

I find that I mix and match elements from different kits to make several different layouts. So, in a way I use them more than once or twice, but I'd say I use the kit all together on only one or two layouts.

babyofmine
04-06-2008, 03:31 PM
With most, I am content with doing 1 layout, but there are some kits that I find myself returning to over and over, whether for papers, elements, or alphas. Now that I'm "mostly" organized with ACDSee, I find that I don't usually use "only" one kit in a LO, whereas before I was kida forced to stay within one (due to not knowing where to find anything! :laugh:).
But I probably haven't used about 90% of what I have.
Even digitally, I'm a packrat. :laugh:

Lorrainesbarbies
04-07-2008, 05:18 PM
I usually make one page, but find different elements that I use over and over again.

Amberpony
04-11-2008, 05:14 PM
I always look for kits I can use over & over again and mix & match with the others I have.
I like to alter the items givem a twist to give a little pop to my pics:giggle:

Muma
06-05-2008, 09:07 AM
I usually get 1 - 2 full pages but I'm also a lover of taking a bit from this kit and a bit from that kit and just mixing and matching. So I probably end up with more that just 1-2 in the end. :biggrin:

I totally agree with the others when they say that with 1 page I have got my moneys worth. To see the look on my DHs face or hear my mum on the phone when she receives her stash of pages I make for her is well worth every penny.:wink:

britnkaysmemaw2
06-05-2008, 09:49 AM
I agree with what GardenGirl05 said. I have gone a little crazy downloading too, lol.

griest
06-05-2008, 12:23 PM
What==== we are actually supposed to USE all the digital stuff we collect??? Oh my---II best get started===I have enoogh stuff to do scrapbooks for the entire county and never use a kit twice. Just like with my paper scrapping==I am a true 'collector' at heart!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ina
06-05-2008, 12:31 PM
I do 1-2 per kit, but as said earlier some kits can be used over and over again. :)

ABitDaffy
06-05-2008, 02:17 PM
What==== we are actually supposed to USE all the digital stuff we collect??? Oh my---II best get started===I have enoogh stuff to do scrapbooks for the entire county and never use a kit twice. Just like with my paper scrapping==I am a true 'collector' at heart!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm with you on this, Kim :laugh: I read a quote somewhere from a seamstress - people were giving her a hard time about all the fabric she was collecting and never using. Her reply was "I just like to look at it. I don't see what the problem is - stamp collectors collect stamps all the time and never send them!":biggrin:

Count me in as a collector! Although, I've found myself here lately using more and more of my stash and actually thinking before I buy something. I also have several kits that I use over and over again & I have several sets of solid papers that I really go to again and again.

So, here's my answer: All of the above! :laugh:

anitastreet
06-05-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm with you on this, Kim :laugh: I read a quote somewhere from a seamstress - people were giving her a hard time about all the fabric she was collecting and never using. Her reply was "I just like to look at it. I don't see what the problem is - stamp collectors collect stamps all the time and never send them!":biggrin:

Count me in as a collector! Although, I've found myself here lately using more and more of my stash and actually thinking before I buy something. I also have several kits that I use over and over again & I have several sets of solid papers that I really go to again and again.

So, here's my answer: All of the above! :laugh:

Daphne...I'm in that same group as you and Kim....I have stuff I may never use but if I ever need it I know where it is :) You should see the collectioin of paper scrapping stuff I have ..well, if you could find it in my basement that is! On day the kids are going to have a lot of fun with it all! oh, I have stickers like you wouldn't believe....and if I ever decide to start crocheting again...I have skeins of yarn down their too...and such pretty bits of fabric for quilts and what not!

yup.. I'm a collector too.. no wonder I filled up the 400Gig of harddrive on my laptop AND my 500Gig EHD...so hubby being the thoughful guy that he is bought me another EHD to hook up to our network... I laugh..he thinks he'll get some room on it...I'm already backing up all my photos and scrapbooking kits to it...it's a Terabyte of drive space...he might get a megabyte or two before I'm done "collecting" :)

gfdesignz
08-30-2008, 06:04 AM
Well it depends on the kit but most times I will make several layouts. Not all at once but over a period of time.

tweederbug
08-30-2008, 06:48 AM
I do one and overtime I will use it again. I always get more than one layout done with the kits I have. I like the kits that are nuetral .. they ca nbe used for many types of layouts.

HisKid
08-30-2008, 08:54 AM
When using a single kit, I tend to make 2-3 LO. I also like to mix and match kits and find myself returning to some kits over and over.

kayleighm
09-15-2008, 12:23 PM
I have a lot of kits and freebie kits that I've never used. My collection isn't that big compared to some of the ladies I know that digi scrap, but I have 20.8GB and I have used maybe 1/3 of that.

Debra
09-17-2008, 03:48 PM
I have a lot of kits and freebie kits that I've never used. My collection isn't that big compared to some of the ladies I know that digi scrap, but I have 20.8GB and I have used maybe 1/3 of that.

Oh boy, you're doing good that you haven't filled that up yet! I have a 500 gig and have that 1/2 full ... I think it's mostly photo's though since I like to shoot everything at the highest resolution.:3:

scrappinnana
09-27-2008, 08:04 AM
I have loads of kits that I have never used but like someone else said..if I need it, it will be here for me:laugh:

I have started loving Quick Pages and templates so I have started to make 1 or 2 QP (or more..:biggrin:) of the kits I have then I can go back to them and use the QP when the right picture or pictures comes along. In the properties section of the QP I just write the kit name and whos template I used.

I have found sometimes it is easier to do the QP and then find the picture that fits it. Instead of having a picture and trying to create a page from it.

candi1973
09-27-2008, 07:57 PM
I am really new to digital scrappin', but I would hope I will be creative enough to use kits multiple times to get my $$$s worth. However, I love to shop and want to have hundreds and hundreds of kits, so perhaps I won't need to use a kit more than a handful of times.

We'll see. :confused1:

Antonia
10-30-2008, 05:17 AM
Oh what I do is take all the parts i really like from each kit and put them into folders to technically i can use the same kit forever really.:wink:

candi1973
12-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Oh what I do is take all the parts i really like from each kit and put them into folders to technically i can use the same kit forever really.:wink:

do you actually "break your kits apart"? Meaning when you put parts into another folder, are you copying an item, or moving it? I was just wondering because I wasn't sure how I would be able to properly credit a designer if I started moving things around. But like I said, I am really new to this, so perhaps I wasn't understanding what you meant. :-)

tbcarter2002
03-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Welllll, I like the "all of the above" answers. I am a terrible packrat and collector and have spent more time shopping/downloading/collecting than I have doing layouts. I have several kits, though, that I have done multiple layouts with. Some of them, especially the collab kits, have so much stuff in them that you could do a lot of layouts and not have anything that looked the same. At least since I started hanging out here, I've actually been getting some pages done!

ckbymommy
03-27-2009, 11:52 AM
I guess it actually depends on the kit. Sometimes I buy a kit for one or two specific things in it and end up only using it once, but I am definately a bargain shopper, so I tend toward kits that have a lot to offer that I feel I can use over and over. I also have kits (freebies) that I've never used that I go through and weed out over time.

I'm not very into mixing kits, so I don't tend to go into older kits and use an element here and a paper there, I suppose if I did that I would get even more from my kits.

scrapmami
03-27-2009, 12:00 PM
I tend to make multiple layouts from a kit, although sometimes, I may just end up using parts of that kit and mixing and matching. But at least the kit's still getting used!

karbi
04-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Great question. I've just been shopping so far but have often wondered about this.

daisydilly
04-28-2009, 06:09 PM
i've decided to start using all my stash-especially the ones i buy. i usually make several from the same kit-even the freebies. what i really need is new pictures!!!! I people are tired of seeing the same old pic but you can do amazing things with different kits and the same pictures and get an entirely different look each time

stater
04-29-2009, 02:56 PM
For me it depends on the kit, but I usually do at least 2 if not more.

carena
04-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Being a designer - I scrap 4 layouts will all my kits - LOL yes I do scrap with my own kits.

CT kits - as I love doing layouts besides designing - I do just the 2 layouts.

Kit I buy - usually 1 or 2 - Love to do more but simply don't have the time to. LOL

Freebies - Often I'm appear to be just a collector and rarely scrap with these - time doesn't allow - honestly I wonder why I download these at times. Just a habit I suppose. LOL

That's it - my confessions. :laugh:

jimmyrose
04-30-2009, 03:13 AM
Because I am kind of new to this, I try to use the kits a couple of times for a LO using only the kit. It helps me to keep it co-ordinated. If I use only the on kit for more than one page, it is because the pictures are from the same event. Only exception is my grandson's Tae Kown Do stuff. Same couple of kits over and over. Not much out there.:sad1: But, I also use bits and pieces of the kits on other LOs too. I like my pages to look different from each other if I can.

JAB
04-30-2009, 09:57 AM
It depends on the kit for me too! Sometimes I use them to many times to count...others maybe once.
and I confess...I have a TON that I have never used...but don't want to get rid of them- you never know when you might want/need them- right? :)
at least thats what I tell my hubby everytime he complains how much space I am taking up on our computer :)

irishblues
06-23-2009, 01:54 PM
I am new to DS, so are you referring to only using a specific kit for pages without any mixing of other kits? Or how many pages do we make using many elemnts of a specific kit? Just want to give the right answer.:confused:

irishblues
06-23-2009, 01:57 PM
I just realized how long ago the last post was. So does this mean that this thread id dead? I am new so I feel kinda silly now.

donakat
06-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Don't worry about it Irishblues, the poll is an ongoing one, and you can respond and vote. When you see the title on the forum topic page, and it has a "sticky" tag to the left of the title, that means it's not dead. It's still there so newbies can see what others have said and just because it's interesting.:laugh:

I think it means just answer about how many times you both use the kit exclusively, and pull specific elements or paper from it to use on a layout.

Dona

irishblues
06-23-2009, 05:30 PM
:biggrin:Thank you! It depends on how many pictures I have to scrapbook. I just used VK Winter Kit exclusivly for 8 pages. I like to keep a group of photos that go together in 1 themed design.

cjmobxnc1963
07-22-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't even have any kits to scrapbook with, so I can't say how many I'd make.:balloons:

angel85qcca
07-28-2009, 09:23 PM
I have a lot of kits I haven't used yet, but they are mostly freebies that I haven't found the right pictures for. What can I say, I'm a freebie junkie!:wink:

Christie
09-21-2009, 11:15 AM
usually 1-2 for me

lilusmom
09-21-2009, 06:12 PM
I don't have a lot to spend and so when I buy a kit I have to like it a lot. So I try to use it as much as I can even if it is just a favorite piece of it. But, with that said, I do have to admit that I have purchased kits and still not used them. Not many, but a few!:wink:

southflascrapper
12-20-2009, 06:55 AM
I am a shopoholic. I have so much stuff that I don't know where to start! Usually when I buy a new pagekit or download a qp that I really like, I will use that for a layout. I surprised myself this month and have done 14 layouts so far. And I will use certain kits that I like for more than one. The collab kits at GDS give me the freedom to create different looking layouts so I enjoy using those. November and December's collab kits were fantastic and I am still using them at this time.
I am also a freebie junkie and enjoy downloading new stuff, even if I haven't used 99% of it. I have paid for a large amount of my digi stash so am trying to use some of it.

irishgull
12-20-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm a shopaholic too! Well, actually, as somebody wrote, now I consider me a collector! I have hundreds of kits (I think, I've never counted them!), most of them never unzipped. I don't always make the same numbers of LOs. It could be that I make 1 or 4. It depends. I love mix and match elements/papers and recolorize them to match other papers/elements or photos.
As a CT, I usually make 1 or 2 (if I have time) but I could make more if I like a lot many elements that I couldn't use in the LOs I made.
I like designing kits, but I haven't started to sell them. So I make at least 4 LOs with my kits; just in case I'll decide to sell them!

Surfs Up
01-03-2010, 09:37 PM
I don't know if the designers will like this, but I borrow from one kit to use with another or 2 or 3 kits to use in one page. I just like to make up my own pages, using a lot of different elements and papers. Whatever looks good to me. :biggrin:

Scrappinsass
01-03-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't know if the designers will like this, but I borrow from one kit to use with another or 2 or 3 kits to use in one page. I just like to make up my own pages, using a lot of different elements and papers. Whatever looks good to me. :biggrin:

I think a lot of people do this too but as long as you give credit where it's due I'm sure everyone will be happy! :biggrin:

landofoz
03-11-2010, 09:28 PM
I am a shopaholic i have hundreds of kits , i am like a bee to the honey pot .
I dont mix or match simply because i would never remember to credit the designers.I like to use the kit again if i like it

nemo55624
03-12-2010, 07:39 PM
it depends on the kit.
For larger kits and what I am scrapbooking.
For example if I have a lot of pictures from a party or vacation I like to use a kit that has lots of papers so I can make as many pages as needed from the same kit.
If I am scrapbooking some "everyday" moments, I might use a smaller kit and only make one page from the kit. Although I do have some favorites that I will use again and again.

Heather / HK Designs
03-20-2010, 11:15 AM
usually 1-2 layouts and I have quite a few that i have not touched... I have my all time fav. designers ( you know, the ones that no matter what you had to have their new release )..so ... yeah.. i usually one or two.. hehe

diamndprincz
03-20-2010, 12:23 PM
I am a little bit of the same way...I picked 1 or 2. I have favorites but then sometimes if I see a kit I really like, I just have to have it. I have a few kits I have bought a little while ago and have not used them yet. I just unzipped them last weekend. And then my other problem is that I am very "routine" so if it is something I like, I will keep going back to that same thing so I have to force myself out of it.

britaneejean
03-20-2010, 02:42 PM
usually 1-2 layouts and I have quite a few that i have not touched... I have my all time fav. designers ( you know, the ones that no matter what you had to have their new release )..so ... yeah.. i usually one or two.. hehe

haha i have a few of those too! everything they create, i just HAVE to have :laugh:

rmplemintz
03-20-2010, 05:29 PM
I usually make at least 2.......I am funny about "matching" or "facing" pages in my books. Once in a while if it is a themed book, and I really like the kit, I use parts of the same kit throughout, adding other things to add variety........but using the same background paper, colors etc.

Arizona Girl
11-18-2010, 07:37 AM
When I get a page kit, I try to do as many as I can out of that one kit. I don't always use them as much as I'd want because when there is a super good sale I'll buy more than one at a time.
I also find it a challenge to see how many different looking pages can I make out of one kit.

scrapyard
05-12-2011, 06:51 PM
I find myself buying way to many kits and not using them. I tend to be a collector when i comes to my kits. I keep telling myself I will sit down with my kits and use them but I am to indecisive and keep buying what I like.

elenasworld
05-12-2011, 07:26 PM
I tend to buy kits to go with photos I have in mind, but finding the time to scrap all the memories is a tough one.

aprilbutterfly
05-13-2011, 06:42 AM

That's how I like to scrap too!

Darlene Currie
05-13-2011, 09:00 AM
I used to scrap like that too. I'd see something from one kit but liked something else or some word art from another kit. Now that I'm designing, I stick a lot more to a kit. But it works both ways for me.

GripDesign
06-14-2011, 11:19 AM
I always do 2 LO´s from one kit. Then I save the kit and do more when I want (:

Rositsa
06-16-2011, 03:29 AM
1-2 or sometimes 3 :)

Marie M
01-13-2012, 07:51 AM
I must admit, I mix and match, will use the kit which I bought for 2 or 3 layouts, afterwards I will use some of the elements from other kits, specially the paper, and sometimes just something special from another kit. Buying kits with the exchange rate can "sometimes be very costly"

Precepts and Promises
01-13-2012, 10:01 AM
I usually make more than one layout with my kits. But, I don't use many themed kits--I let my photos and the story be the theme. Some kits, though, I just love too much and have used over and over....:biggrin:

criostirado
01-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Im a combo of the first answer (shop-o-holic) and the 1 to 2 layouts!!! Sometimes stuff is just way too pretty and I just have to own it! And then, I find I get addicted to a specific designer and have to have ALL their kits!!! aahh heeem....Outside the Box, Created by Jill, Digi Deb and Andrea Gold! lol...I think I have almost their entire stores!!!

But it still depends on the kit!!! Like Created by Jill's Mired..is one of my fav kits and I have prob made ten layouts with that kit!!!

scrapn4christ
01-13-2012, 09:03 PM
I would have to say I usually average 1-2 per kit, but I'll use pieces here and there as needed.

wanda
01-14-2012, 05:53 AM
Really, I usually do one page and stop. Still, often times I like a kit so much, or I have a lot of pictures that I bought the kit for, so I keep going.

I always MEAN to do more, but then I see another kit I like, or I get another assignment.....and then another.......

One thing I don't do is mix kits. Too much trouble. I'm sooo lazy. EVERY once in a while I'll pull one special element from another kit, but that is rare.

Barbiii
02-28-2012, 11:16 AM
:hi::hi:I have done not much the last two months because I had surgeries and was in the hospital for a month and been home trying to get better. It is a long haul. I am right now trying to organize my computer as it is a mess. When I was getting things done after I first got home I just downloaded things and put them in a file for filing later. Big mistake! Made more work that I did not need! Back online now with my groups and this one I miss being here. I have a lot of things on backlog to do. Will use all my layouts on my computer for sure more than once or twice! ha-ha I lose time doing my thing! ha-ha Even my blogs is empty! Need to do some art and create!!
Barbi:balloons:

Debra
09-10-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm an avid fan of quickpages... they are truly my scrapping weakness! I wish I had more time to scrap! Quickpages work well though when I really want to create a keepsake with limited time to scrap.

britnkaysmemaw2
09-10-2012, 12:13 PM
I am a Template Gal! Great way to Quick Start a lo, especially if in a hurry, or when your Creativity level is null! :laugh:

Bright Eyes
09-11-2012, 07:27 AM
I do at least 2 pages and usually more with a kit. There are some I have used 6 or more times. Then there are a few that I made 1 page and that's it.

I am happy if I do at least 1-2 pages and feel the kit was worth the money.

Els AW
09-11-2012, 09:59 PM
I voted for 3 or more, but it is not about the money!
Some kits like collab kits are so full of items, you could make more than 3!
And sometimes a kit is suitable for more than 1 layout, like Boys Stuff and American Story of Andrea Gold ;-)

msbrad
05-25-2013, 07:06 AM
I voted 3 or more, but it really all depends on the pages I want to scrap. Some kits I've used over and over.
Some I've purchased that I love, and yet have not scrapped with yet.
m

hivart
05-25-2013, 03:19 PM
I voted 3 or more but it isn't a matter of money, some kits are so versatile that they give you inspiration for very different pages and make you very curious to see what you could finally create with them! :love-smiley-011:
Some others, sometimes don't give you any idea of what you could do with them... then you feel so sad especially if you have a quick look at the galleries and see some wonderful los made with it, lol! :confused1:
Cath :blahblah:

vicki23
05-26-2013, 09:16 PM
I voted 3 or more, I often use a kit over and over again, then there some that I haven't scrapped with at all. I tend to have favourite...go to kits. I also love templates and have sometimes used them more than once too.

Zéphyr Créa-Designs
11-27-2013, 02:27 PM
For now I usually scrap only for CTs, and after the release date I still keep the kit.
Now I buy a lot, so I keep the kits preciously, also if it's old kits.

marzia
12-26-2013, 05:09 AM
As a CT I usually make 2 LO with each kit, but when I am free to scrap for myself I love to mix kit up , picking what I like from different kit and designers.... This way I have endless possibilities!

jem_scrapper
12-29-2013, 07:01 PM
As a CT I usually make 2 LO with each kit, but when I am free to scrap for myself I love to mix kit up , picking what I like from different kit and designers.... This way I have endless possibilities!

I quite agree Marzia - I make to for my CT work OR at least One if Not a CT kit & then I use bitz 'n piecez from the kit/s for the Mixed Layout Challenge + for just a mixed layout from different designers - some kits I used over & over again... depends on the kit... I voted for 1 or 2 but some kits have more than that - once again it depends entirely on the kit :wink:

CountryStyleDesigns
05-14-2014, 06:22 AM
I try and use em as much as I can, but not make them look the same.