PDA

View Full Version : How to make the TOUs more readable?

petitflocondeneige
02-20-2008, 02:08 AM
I've come across the Creative Commons licences, and they are really great to read. This is not always the case with TOUs, specially if english is not your mother-language! (can you tell it's not mine? ;-) )
I'm trying to put together something that could be easily read, quickly understood, and would work for every designer in the digital scrapbooking world. Yes, I know, I have great expectations LOL.

Anyway, I'm currently trying to gather the different options that usually appear in TOUs, and then I will try to make something about it.
So, if you want to help me, it's here:

Thank you very much!

Mom_of_5
02-20-2008, 03:58 AM
Good morning,

I edited your post to remove the direct link per our site TOU. Please feel free to copy and paste your TOU's here for people to read and comment. Thank you!

petitflocondeneige
02-20-2008, 04:34 AM
Here is the copy of my post on my blog.

Creative Commons has developped a set of licences for people sharing their work on the internet (example of licence). I really like this idea, especially because the licences are clear and understandable. The TOUs can be hard to read, and, well, not everybody in the world understand english!
I'd really like to put something together to simplify the TOUs in the world of digiscrapping. First of all, I'm trying to gather every option available in the TOUs. The objective, of course, is to say, in a clear way, if these options are permitted or not.
Here are the points I've gathered so far. Please, do leave me a message if you think of something I missed!

* credit the author
* personal use
* free creation of LO for people, associations or non-profit agents
* scrap for hire: creating LO for other, for money
* creation of derivated products (cards, quickpages, calendars...) distributed as freebies
* creation of derivated products (cards, quickpages, calendars...) for sale
* re-use of parts of the work, without modification, in freebies
* re-use of parts of the work, without modification, in kits for sale
* re-use of parts of the work, with modification, in freebies
* re-use of parts of the work, with modification, in kits for sale (I believe it's the traditionnal "commercial use")

Thank you very much for your help!