PDA

View Full Version : Yes, designer's need help too!

Andrea
02-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Ok, I upgraded my computer and the new computer has Windows Vista and my graphics tablet won't work!! It's an Adesso graphics tablet and I download the so called Vista compatible drivers. When I install the drivers and plug the thing in, there are two pointers!! Very annoying! I've searched google until I'm blue in the face and I've also contacted Adesso and got no reply. Any Vista experts out there that have a suggestion? :confused1:

tborntreger
02-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Andrea, I do have Vista and have similar problems w/ some of my things. For example I can't get Illustrator to work although i have downloaded and installed the vista bridges. I wish I could help you.........but I don't get along all that well with Vista. Sorry. If I think of something I will reply again.

OneMemory
02-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Go back to XP???? (just kidding!)

ABitDaffy
02-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Andrea, I use a Wacom tablet on my Vista box, so I'm not sure how much help I'll be, but 2 quick questions? 1)Have you rebooted since you installed the driver? and 2)Are you using an external mouse or just a laptop touchpad or is it even a laptop?

schock77
02-19-2008, 01:45 PM
I also have a wacom (that I am not using and need to be) but I had to completely uninstall the driver and reinstall, then reboot to get mine to work. HTH!

Andrea
02-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Yes, I have rebooted Daphne. I'm just using the laptop touch pad. I even tried disabling the touch pad while the graphics tablet was connected.

Theresa, I do have illustrator CS and it's running ok. I've had a few crashes, but I had to delete the settings file to get it to run (CTRL/ALT/SHIFT during program start). I'd like to know what you downloaded that was suppose to make it run better.

Andrea, I use a Wacom tablet on my Vista box, so I'm not sure how much help I'll be, but 2 quick questions? 1)Have you rebooted since you installed the driver? and 2)Are you using an external mouse or just a laptop touchpad or is it even a laptop?

Andrea
02-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I actually found some off brand drivers that fixed the issue!!! What a headache! Thanks for all of the input!