PDA

View Full Version : Now that football is over......

amyleigh1204
02-11-2008, 12:43 PM
what are you (or your guys) going to be watching on television? We are really into Criminal Minds (with Shamar Moore, YUM!), CSI: New York, and.........LOST!!!!! And, it is finally back!!!! I can not tell you how addicted we are to that show! I know that babyofmine (Julie) is a Lostie, too!

Rae's World
02-11-2008, 01:08 PM
We are LOST fanatics here too. But usually bby he end of the show I am cursing the TV and wanting stop watch the show!!!! BUt then I JUST HAVE TO KNOW!! So I tune back the next week.!!!! Darn that show!!!!!!!!!

I am a reality TV junkie. I have to watch Survivor, Top Model, Biggest Loser

DH likes Boston Legal, Criminal Minds, CSI, Terminator

But he also watches lot of sport.....it doesn't have to be football. Right now it is BASKETBALL!!!!

alfenner
02-11-2008, 01:13 PM
what are you (or your guys) going to be watching on television? We are really into Criminal Minds (with Shamar Moore, YUM!), CSI: New York, and.........LOST!!!!! And, it is finally back!!!! I can not tell you how addicted we are to that show! I know that babyofmine (Julie) is a Lostie, too!

Oh thank goodness you said NY, CSI Miami STINKS!!! lol........I'll turn it to anything to avoid that one! lol

We don't do much TV here, but I have discovered that PBS has it's own "HGTV"ish channel :)

lillypug34
02-11-2008, 03:18 PM
I have heard so many great things about CSI: New York ... I think I may have to give it a try! My husband and I are die hard LOST fans too! So glad it's back on! I also love HOUSE and have gotten hooked on a new HBO series called In Treatment. I hear the writer's stike is over, so us tv junkies are jumping for joy!:vb_chirolp_iei:

Melody
02-11-2008, 04:04 PM
TV?!? When I started scrapbooking I pretty much stopped watching TV. Pretty good trade if you ask me! My BF is quite pleased about it too. Now he gets free reign with the controller!

I do still watch the occasional House episode online though. I'm glad the strike is over. I might finally get to see a new show.

PamWhit
02-11-2008, 04:32 PM

Criminal Minds -- Shamar Moore, love it! Have to watch NCIS ( love Mark Harmon) on Tuesdays. Have never seen LOST -- sounds like I'm missing something. This week I want to be at Beckie's chat so guess Criminal Minds will get TiVo'ed.

Sexy__Eyes
02-11-2008, 04:34 PM
TV?!? When I started scrapbooking I pretty much stopped watching TV. Pretty good trade if you ask me! My BF is quite pleased about it too. Now he gets free reign with the controller!

I do still watch the occasional House episode online though. I'm glad the strike is over. I might finally get to see a new show.

Im with you Melody...with scrapping and poker and scrapping and scrapping...WHO has TIME for TV????

anitastreet
02-11-2008, 06:59 PM
I watch tv with the laptop on the couch..so I don't pay much attention to what's on..but I do put the laptop down to watch LOST...we love it and are so glad it's back...really intrigued to see who the other Oceanic Six will be! I hope we get some answers this season...

when it's on we also like Dancing with the Stars...I started watching it with Katie and we record it to watch together. She was so upset when Sabrina was voted off ...

we've also been watching "Torchwood" on BBC America...kind of like an XFiles show...

we watch a lot of Discovery channel shows like Mythbusters...but when hubby goes to sleep and I stay up and scrap I usually just flip over to something like the Weather Channel :)

amyleigh1204
02-11-2008, 07:05 PM
OK, you Lost fans...who do you think is in the coffin? I keep going back and forth between Locke and Ben. And, do you really think that Charlie is dead? Annnddddd, why do the "rescuers" want Ben?

Oh, one more...who do you think is Ben's contact on the freighter?

Oh, so many questions!!!!!!!

amyleigh1204
02-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Criminal Minds fans...Do you prefer Mandy Pitinkin or Joe Mantegna?

I personally love both, but I would love to have Mandy back!

amyleigh1204
02-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Oh thank goodness you said NY, CSI Miami STINKS!!! lol........I'll turn it to anything to avoid that one! lol

We don't do much TV here, but I have discovered that PBS has it's own "HGTV"ish channel :)

I cannot stand David Caruso! He deserted NYPD:Blue after the first season and I can't forgive him for that. I was so lost when that show went off! But, not just that, his mannerisms get on my nerves!

On CSI: NY, I love Gary Sinise (Lt. Dan!) and Carmine Giovinazzo (Danny on the show).

I used to be a huge fan of the orignal CSI, but they just seem to have lost it. I can't get into it any more.

Wow, its ounds like we watch a lot of TV, but really only about 2 nights a week! The rest of the time, it is History Channel, discovery, HGTV, Food Network, etc. It may be on, but we don't really "get into it". Except that my DH loves anything about gargantuan machines, or bridges, and the mating habits of the African Dung Beetle (LOL)!

anitastreet
02-11-2008, 07:40 PM
I keep thinking it's Ben or Locke too that was in the coffin..since no one came to the funeral and who ever it was had no family and no friends ... but if they are the Oceanic Six I now think it couldn't be Ben..he wasn't on the plane..and yeah, I wonder why the rescuers want him too.. and I what about that guy who worked with Ben..I don't know his character's name but in flashbacks he's not any younger then he is now..like he never ages...what's up with him? curious!

I wish Charlie were alive..but I do think he's dead but hey, you never know on that island! And I wonder about Claire and her baby...and what about Jin and Sun and their unborn baby? ... and what ever happened to Walt and Michael? or Desmond and his old girlfriend Penny who is looking for him? oh, so many questions.. I hope we get answers! :)

and what about Kate..talking about "he doesn't know I"m gone I better get back" when she met Jack at the end of the 1st episode this season? hmm.. who is she with? I doubt it's Sawyer...

amyleigh1204
02-12-2008, 09:34 AM
We need a whole Lost forum!!!! Holly!!!!!

Do you think it could be Michael on the freighter? I mean, seriously, are we supposed to think he was able to get back to civilization on that boat they gave him? And, if he did, why wouldn't he tell someone where to find the survivors? He obviously turned Michael somehow because Michael was willing to kill for him.

I had not thought about the fact that Ben could not be one of the Oceanic 6 since he was not on the plane! Maybe it is Locke. And, I don't really think Kate is with Sawyer, either, but who?

The reason I wondered if Charlie was really dead is that there was a patient at the hospital where Hurley was staying that told him, "That man is watching you.....Over there."!!!!!!!!!

I am seriously such a nerd about this stuff.

mosser77
02-12-2008, 09:52 AM
"Lost" only describes how I feel when I watch that show!! I missed a couple of episodes and was lost after that :)

We don't dare miss Prison Break. Love House, NCIS, Amazing Race, Survivor, Project Runway.

anitastreet
02-12-2008, 03:33 PM
"Lost" only describes how I feel when I watch that show!! I missed a couple of episodes and was lost after that :)

We don't dare miss Prison Break. Love House, NCIS, Amazing Race, Survivor, Project Runway.

I bought the first two seaons on dvd to catch up because even when you watch every week you can feel lost!

Amy..yeah, that's true..the other patient did see Charlie too...ohhh, good though about Michael being on the freighter!

I'm bummed that with the writers strike we may not get all the answers and episodes they hoped for this season...

and LOL..yeah, LOST forum :)

schock77
02-12-2008, 04:36 PM
I thankfully love football or I'd have to have divorced my husband! :laugh: But he's seriously in mourning at the end of every season! I "watch" tv often, but meanwhile I'm scrapping, on GDS, etc. so I TIVO a lot.

I like Criminal Minds (and agree Mandy is better) and Lost is a FAVE around the house. I'm to the point that I almost want to get a few episodes behind so I can skip commercials and watch a few back to back- I always feel like I'm totally into the show and then doggone- it's over!!!! I also am a total crime buff- true crime, reality shows like cops, documentaries, anything... and at 2, my son started singing "Bad boys, bad boys..." so now I watch AFTER they go to bed. :laugh:

inge
02-13-2008, 02:28 AM
Who on earth watches TV when they can scrap ????

I don't watch that many tv but I always try to watch NCIS and Sara (but that is something local).

HollyS
02-13-2008, 03:31 AM
I love Danny on CSI NY Amy. If I make time for TV I usually like to watch NCIS, any dancing and singing contest shows, I'm with you Erin, I missed a few lost episodes and also feel like I can't keep up!

amyleigh1204
02-15-2008, 07:03 AM
OK, it is now Friday, so I have gotten my weekly fix of Lost, but now I can't wiat until next week! OMG, so many questions!!

OK, so Sayid is an assassin after he gets off the island?!?! Working for Ben? Killing, I assume, anyone who had anything to do with the Oceanic crash and cover up? Oh, my! It was very prophetic when Sayid said, "The day I believe him is the day I have sold my soul to the devil." OOOOOOOOOOO!!! So, Ben gets off the island, too, but is not one of the Oceanic 6. Who else gets off? So far we have Jack, Hurley, Kate, Sayid, Ben, ......Do you think that Kate needed to get back to Ben when she met Jack? Is he sort of keeping her safe from the whole fugitive from justice thing?

Oh, and I don't like Sayid with straight hair. It looked like a girl!

amyleigh1204
04-06-2008, 11:20 AM
I had to revive this thread since I am not getting my dose of lost until April 24th. OK, so the Oceanic Six is: Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, Sun, and Aaron. Ben is also off the island, but doesn't count as one of the six since he was not on the plane. We, also, know that Charles Widmore is behind the fake plane crash.But, why does he want the island all for himself? And, I am still not convinced that Charlie is really dead (At least, I hope not). As for Michael, I KNEW IT WAS HIM ON THE BOAT!!!! Poor guy, he is so desperate!

We know, too, that it really is a time travel thing. I am so glad it is not something like an alternate reality thing.

My questions now are:
1) Does Penny ever find Desmond?
2) Do Sayid and Desmond go back to the island?
3) What is everyone waiting around for? The "rescuers" are just sitting around waiting. I would think that if their intention was to kill all of the survivors, what are they waiting for?
4) Why does Charles Widmore want Ben?

What are you wondering about?