PDA

View Full Version : So... Whatcha gonna do for Valentines Day?

Debra
02-08-2008, 08:43 AM
It sure came along fast, didn't it?!

Things will be pretty quiet here with no "valentine" for me..Kristin's working at the restaurant so she won't be around either...but Hannah and I will be making a fun girls night out of it! :laugh:

How about you?

Rae's World
02-08-2008, 08:47 AM
nothing planned here. DH has 4 day weekend & it is his birthday so we kind of skip V-day and go for the birthday stuff. The kis want to take him bowling and out to dinner. So I guess that is our plan. BUt of course I have about 50 valentines to help my kids make! They just "HAVE TO HAVE THEM DONE TODAY!!!" crazy kids.

Andrea
02-08-2008, 08:58 AM
I bought my husband Magnum PI dvd's (yes, that tells the era he grew up in), so I imagine I'll be watching Magnum PI! He bought me a computer for Valentines and even gave it to me early though, so I can't complain! Maybe I'll be on my computer while we are watching Magnum PI! :laugh:

lillypug34
02-08-2008, 09:05 AM
ROTFL Andrea!! My mom had a huge crush on Tom Selleck when I was growing up! :laugh:

I am a lucky lady ... one of my good friends is a masseuse and my husband got me a Valentine's Massage! I can't wait :party1:

ABitDaffy
02-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Ok, Beckie & Andrea, I didn't think I was THAT much older than ya'll - the era of Tom Selleck? Your MOM had a crush? Yikes, I feel old - I was (and still am) a huge Magnum fan - I watched it all the time when I was on maternity leave with both girl! The girl across the hall from me my freshman year at college was obsessed, obsessed I tell you, with Tom Selleck. Posters....pictures...everything...she swore she was going to marry him someday...hmmm...I wonder if she ever did :laugh:

As for Valentine's - nothing too exciting here, but Steve is taking me to see Celtic Woman the next weekend and out to dinner, too, so I've got that to look forward to and be super-excited about! And, he's taking Gracie on a "date" tomorrow to go see the Hannah Montana movie and lunch at Chick-Fil-A for her Valentine's Day. ...yeah, I'll have the camera out for that for sure!

I am going to try and do something that my mom always did on Valentine's Day. When we came down to breakfast there was always a card and a small stuffed animal. I'm going to make The Pioneer Woman's breakfast puffs and have them ready for Steve and the girls, along with their cards, at the table when they wake up. It's just a little something, but I want to make them feel special!

twirlyjoy
02-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Its really interesting seeing the differences between countries when it comes to valentines day! Over here, you only celebrate Valentines day, ie cards, presents, etc with your partner - people don't give them to their children etc. And, as I haven't got a partner, there will be no valentines celebrations for me - anyway, we spend the whole of Thursday evenings at dance class!!!

lillypug34
02-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Daphne I'm SO envious!! I LOVE Celtic Woman ... have the CD's / DVD's - Emma seems to really be fascinated by them too - you'll have to tell me all about the show!

cmcariann
02-08-2008, 10:07 AM
We will be at church for a banquet and concert... DH is the church sound man so he will be working but we won't have kids with us...

Mom_of_5
02-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Wow! A massage, Beckie! You lucky girl!

We don't have any plans. My parents come in on the 13th and I have to take the older boys to see their counselor Thursday evening. Exciting, huh?

TSavoie11
02-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Nick is at a poker game as we speak trying to win some money for Valentines! LOL! At least that's the excuse he gave me!:laugh:

I'm working on a "project" for the girls! They loved those little tag books that I made so I think I'm going to attempt a cd album for each of them! WooHoo for me..I've officially stepped over to hybrid!:laugh:

Maisie
02-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Jack and I are going out to dinner the night before Valentines. I was making some hybrid projects for the grandchildren, but I'm not sure what kind of paper to use to print the papers on...
Tom Selleck era??? Too funny, I still have a crush on him. He still is hot!
Oh and always make Jack some chocolate covered pretzels. They're his fave!

yvonnew
02-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Hmmm I am not sure.. We will probablly go out to dinner.

Debra
02-09-2008, 06:04 AM
Nick is at a poker game as we speak trying to win some money for Valentines! LOL! At least that's the excuse he gave me!:laugh:

I'm working on a "project" for the girls! They loved those little tag books that I made so I think I'm going to attempt a cd album for each of them! WooHoo for me..I've officially stepped over to hybrid!:laugh:

now that's a creative way of getting to a poker game..hehe...Hope he won! :lmao: