PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else out there GIANTS fans????

ScrapShana
02-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Enough with the Patriots already! LOL I gotta root for my down-home man's team. ;)

We have a personal connection to the Mannings so I have to support my Manning Men. Their mother is from Philadelpha, MS which is where I teach and do business. Their grandparents began a small grocery store back in the early 1900s that is still a booming business today.....and in the SAME building. The boys come for our county fair most summers, and usually make a fool of themselves like the rest of us. LOL

When their grandmother died last year, they were both here. Their respective teams bombarded our local florists with $1,000 + arrangements (I don't think they even had that much in inventory!!!).

Archie and his wife also were the "dog grandparents" of my very first dog, Crissy.

Soooo, I may be alone in rooting for the "under dogs" but I think the Giants have a good chance of an upset. They wouldn't have made it all this way if they didn't.

Everybody have a great Super Bowl Sunday, and
LET'S ROOT THOSE GIANTS ON TO VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHOOOOOHOOOO!

schock77
02-03-2008, 05:58 PM
I am rooting for them too! It's the third quarter and at least they're making a good game of it. I hope the Giants are able to pull off a win! :)

I wish I knew the Mannings... athletic AND smart... :love-smiley-011: Hee hee!

(PS- tried grabbing your blinkie and it won't work for me- can you PM me the blinkie in html code?)

ScrapShana
02-03-2008, 06:35 PM
YAY GIANTS! It's been a great game so far....but too close! (4th quarter: NY 10, NE 7) Glad to know I'm not alone here!!!

BTW-- I don't "know" the Mannings personally. Didn't mean it to sound like that. But, because they have roots here, we all consider them part of our community. My mom remembers when they were all small and their grandpa would bring them into the store she worked at to get drinks, etc. Never knew they'd be famous one day. LOL

schock77
02-03-2008, 07:06 PM
GIANTS WIN!!!!!

GIANTS WIN!!!!

GIANTS WIN!!!!