PDA

View Full Version : finding time to scrap

redring
02-01-2008, 11:17 AM
How dose everyone have time? Do your hubbies help out? I just cant figure out how everyone finds time to scrap. I havent had time for monthes. When I do I find im too tired to think about what to do with a lo. I keep finding my self with a blank page and an overwelming urrge to close my eyes. I work 10 hr shifts, do the bills, loundery, dishes, meals, cleaning, take out the garbage, make sure any odds and ends get don. Now im finishing our attic into an office for my self. Im just pooped. How do you all find the time.

Debra
02-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Red! So great to see you... Sounds like you're just too pooped for scrapping right now... With that much to do and working 10 hours shift, it's no wonder!

Hope you get some free relaxing time somewhere... Remember, "All work and no play....."

WenRob
02-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Honestly? There's dishes in the sink and the floor needs to be vacumed, badly. But I'm the kind of person who doesn't mind a 'lived in' house. Most of mine gets done when my oldest is at school and the two little ones are down for a nap or after all the kids are tucked in. More then once I've been up until the wee hours finishing one because I knew I wouldn't be able to work on it until the following evening.

HollyS
02-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Howdy Red! It's nice to see you...did you see the new Supreme Team Alumni forum set up for you and all the other Alumni? And you got a shiny new title!

Anyway, to answer your question..........I so try to find time to scrap with the urge hits even though there are so many other things on that long list of things to do that we all have! Sometimes though even though I have the urge, creativity doesn't come and that happened to me yesterday. Nevertheless, the pleasure and pride I get out of of actually finishing a layout is so awesome!

redring
02-01-2008, 10:33 PM
thanks for all the cheerfull hellos all! :) its 2:20 am here and ive just got home. Movies with the in-laws and then a quick bite to eat and chat with a friend. Then our whole day seemed to go missing somewhear. Lucky me though I told DH I plan to spend superbowl day scraping at the friends yearly party. (TGF laptops) He is ok with it but I know ill get guff from our friends. I hate sports though. They will just have to deal. So I think I have managed to find time to scrap this weekend. Holly I did see the forum! Took a look and was wondering if I have any pics of DH I havent scraped. He is sooo hard to photo. I hadent noticed the title though. Pretty nifty!

twirlyjoy
02-02-2008, 01:08 AM
Hi red - great to 'see' you again! I have to say my housework takes second place to my scrapping - well, some of the time! otherwise, I resent doing the housework! So, my kids come first, work 2nd, then scrapping, and then housework! Like Debra said, All work and no play....!!!

wildstorm
02-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Well I have the best husband, he cooks every night and does the washing up. He does the washing on a week end. I come home from work and have a cup of tea with him and we chat about the day. An hour or so after I am home I am in my office and onto DGS. I leave love on the pages that are new for that day and then I scrap. Have some nights where nothing comes so I will do some thing eles like shop for digital kits. I will have a 15 minute brake to share a shower with DH and then I am back in the office. Hubby will go to bed about 10or 10:30 and leave me at it. I will go to bed around 12 midnight. I have a lady who comes in once a week to do the house and as I don't have any little children any more it stays like that. So I know I am very spoilt and have so much support from Allen. I think that is why he is looking forward to going to New Zealand in 2 weeks time....I won't have a computer cry:

redring
02-02-2008, 08:54 PM
all I can say is im jealous!!!:bigeyes: Dh dosent do anything. I hulled all my stuff from my office today to the attic (wich ive decided is my new office) then all his boxes of stored stuff down to my old office (wich will be his now) he actually fallowed me talking and dident bother to pick up one thing. ESH! I dont want to fight but he is really going to have to start doing something.

ozchicki
02-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Hiya! :)

I am also lucky that I have a supportive husband who does the majority of the cooking. I also don't have an immaculate house, but have two energetic kids (2.5 and 4). Luckily the play well together most of the time, so I can come and play on here!

Also, I don't really have a life :lol: We moved away from a lot of my friends for my husband's work and the friends I have here now are work buddies, and we catch up at work, so there isn't the need to catch up on weekends. I don't watch much tv either.

redring
02-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Agreed with the tv. We dident even have cable set up. I just swap dvds instead online. Dose anyone here use a DVd swap site? It saves a lot of cash. we are all about frugal scence we bought the house. (did I tell you all we bought a house?!) Its lovely that soo meany of you have suportive husbends. :) DH is in his own way but he just is no good at helping around the house. Instead he just tries to make sure I get things I want. Like picking up a laptop and marching me to the regester with it. LOL! I worry too much about paying things off to get my self things. You are all right too, I should probably worry less about how clean the house is. LOL! maybe we need to start a bit on how to cut corners to make time for scraping. :) I did get a bit of scraping don tonight. I dident even get any complaints.

inge
02-04-2008, 12:02 AM
I probably better search for a way to scrap less. LOL
Hubby isn't really that supportive in terms of the household but he's always renovating our house so I don't have any reason to complain. I don't have problems leaving the house like there has been an explosion since hubby is making loads of dust while renovating. Great excuse...