PDA

View Full Version : Weather is CRAZY here - temp dropping 50 degrees!

Helen
01-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Wow - I left for an errand 2 hours ago - and it was 50 degrees (F), and by the time I got home - it was already around 12 degrees - and is still dropping. It's supposed to get to MINUS 5 here tonight with 40+ mph winds - and a wind chill of MINUS -30.

The temperature is dropping over 50 degrees in less than 4 hours - this is INSANE! The weatherman said this is only the 17th time in over a hundred years that the temp has dropped this fast in January.

And back up to 30 tomorrow afternoon!

My dog is barking like crazy at the wind outside - this is going to be a LONG night with him - it's supposed to get even windier yet!

I'm about an 1.5 hours drive NW of Chicago - and this is crazy weather.
The snow melted today and now it's turned to ICE. Good thing I came home when I did.

Anyway - how's' the weather by you?

mosser77
01-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Brr! We had a cold front come thru yesterday...it was 47 in the morning, but got up to upper 70s during the day....make you feel any better???

Mom_of_5
01-29-2008, 04:32 PM
It was in the upper 40s here today and almost all the snow melted :(
But, never fear, our high tomorrow is only supposed to be 20 and snow again. Tonight we are under high wind warnings for sustained winds of 40+ and gusts of 60+...it will be a long night with the kids. Mateo and Sam both hate the loud winds and end up in our bed!

KattyZak
01-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Was out at bball game and it was wickedly cold, GF and I grabbed a cocktail after the JV half time and it literally hurt it was that cold. At that time the radio said -30 with windchill thrown in....therometer says -9 right now. I am so glad the snow missed us that they got in southern MN and western WI.

kel3120
01-29-2008, 07:36 PM
We were the ones that got that snow! I'm not looking forward to tomorrow... with the windchill it's suppose make it feel -35. Schools are already being delayed and I'm guessing they will be closed again tomorrow.

nancyrwa
01-29-2008, 07:57 PM
It is crazy here, too! I am in Canada, and we are caught in this cold front as well. Schools are still open here, but in other parts of the province, they have been closed. It has been snowing and the wind is blowing, making everything colder than the thermometer shows.

gigichet
01-30-2008, 12:53 AM
I am right there with you all....brrrrrr....it was in the 40's here today and it was great and then the winds started blowing so we had high winds all night and then we wake up this morning to a blanket of ice on everything...ugh. Praying for everyone to have safe travels today.