PDA

View Full Version : Happy Australia Day (26th)

pSyren
01-25-2008, 05:42 AM
Happy Australia Day to all the Aussies and any Aussie lovers :)
It's just after midnight so I'm starting off the celebrations now.
Well actually I'm just trying to stay awake so I can go and photograph the dawn hot air balloon rise at 5am. It's easier for me to stay up than to go to bed and have to get up at that time.
Jnr has gone to stay with the grandparents for the weekend so I'm feeling relaxed and scrappy!

inge
01-25-2008, 06:08 AM
Can't wait to see those pics ! Have a nice day !

Debra
01-25-2008, 06:14 AM
Happy Australian Day!!! Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

KellsBells
01-25-2008, 06:15 AM
Happy Australia day Rebecca ... not much happening here but having a BBQ for tea with some friends! Nice quiet night at home!

Cheers

tborntreger
01-25-2008, 06:30 AM
Can't wait to see those photos!!!

lillypug34
01-25-2008, 06:45 AM
Happy Australia Day Bec! Can we all come for the party?
http://www.animationbuddy.com/Animation/Geography_and_History/International_Flags/australia.gif

gigichet
01-25-2008, 06:53 AM
woohoo...have fun celebrating and I can't wait to see the fantastic layouts that are going to come out of these pictures. Happy Australia Day to you all...

Callista
01-25-2008, 07:24 AM
Happy Australia Day to all of you ! Have a wonderful day :)

charliesnana
01-25-2008, 07:52 AM
Happy Australia Day! Can hardly wait to see your pictures of the hot air balloons.

pSyren
01-25-2008, 09:36 PM
well I'm back and awake and have a heap of photos to go through.
Stayed up all night, got my entries for the bragbook exchange done :) then got to the park about 5:30am to watch the balloon fill and rise.
The sun rise wasn't anything special and the sky was kinda boring so not much of a backdrop for the balloons. They seemed to be running late so when they did the big count down and liftoff some of the balloons were still flat on the ground filling and the support trucks and trailers were still in the way so it was hard shooting around them. Hopefully I got some nice shots. The balloons can look so amazing when the early sun hits them, though the first half of my shots were in the dark.
Ran into some friends there so went out for breakfast with them then got home about 9am to find our fence had fallen over. The neighbour is renovating and had dug out the ground on his side of the fence so it had nothing keeping it in the ground and was now in his yard. So then we had to track down the neighbour, get out ropes and stakes and prop the fence up and chainsaw down a tree between us. We're going to have to get a new fence.
The anoying thing is I'd filled my memory cards so I didn't get any photos of this part of my day.
Made it to bed about 11am and woke at 3pm thinking layouts :) It's now 4:30pm and I can hear my husband still in bed snoring. So we've missed a large chunk of Australia day but I guess hanging out with the neighbour and playing chainsaw is a pretty Aussie thing to do. Might fire up the BBQ tonight :)
Working my way through the photos now. I want a nice colourful one for project 365!

Melody
01-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Sounds like an interesting morning Rebecca! I hope some of your pics turned out. It would be an awesome sight to see.

Happy Australia Day to all you Aussies!

ozchicki
01-26-2008, 02:51 AM
Happy Australia Day fellow Aussies :)

I want to see those photos Rebecca!! :)

Debra
01-26-2008, 06:40 AM
Hope you all are having a Wonderful Day!!

pSyren
01-26-2008, 06:58 AM
hehehe Debra, it's all over now for another year.
It's 2am Sunday now.
It was a good day though. I'm enjoying a child free weekend :)