PDA

View Full Version : Mint Tin Albums

DiamondDesign
01-24-2008, 11:22 AM
I saw some digital templates for a Mint Tin Album on someone's blog. The picture of the finished album was VERY cute.

Has anyone made one? What is involved? What paper do I print on, photo, card stock, or plain? How is it assembled, glue, tape, or scrapping tabs?

My MIL is always asking for wallets to show her friends, she would FLIP for one of these.

Melody
01-24-2008, 11:38 AM
I haven't actually made one but I've done some paper scrapping altered projects so I have some suggestions that might help.

I'm guessing that you would print on card stock or photo paper depending on the clarity and/or texture you wanted. As for attaching it. I would guess you rough up the surface of the tin with sandpaper and then glue. In my experience tape and tabs don't quite have the holding power. I would suggest glue dots or Xyron machine adhesive to hold it down. Most likely you would want to use Modge Podge over the top to help secure the edges of the paper down and give it a protective coating. Test your paper first with the Modge Podge though because if you've printed it at home the colors might run or blur.

I hope these suggestions help.

If you do one post a pic so we can see. I'd love to see what one looks like completed!