PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Digi Scrapping Race Season 3

mosser77
01-22-2008, 03:43 AM
The new race starts Feb 24, and you can start registering your team now!

Read more about the race here: http://ndisb-adsr.blogspot.com/

It would be awesome to have a big bunch of GDS teams racing in the pack! If you need a partner, post here/look here for people needing partners. I suppose it would be a good idea to edit your post with your race partner when you get one.

BTW, I'm so happy TK & Rachel won the "real" race!! YAY!

inge
01-22-2008, 04:27 AM
Sounds like fun ! I was on vacation the last time...

(I need a partner !) I hooked up with Mag Henrey.

twirlyjoy
01-22-2008, 04:29 AM
I am so sad as am not going to be able to take part - we are going away on holiday the day before it starts and I won't even have a computer when we are there!

KattyZak
01-22-2008, 07:16 AM
oh man, we are on vacation, too.

ETA so much for speed reading, I read 4th when in actuality it is the 24th...oh, happy day~! Home on the 26th.

pSyren
01-22-2008, 08:24 AM
I'm seriously thinking about doing this, waving the flag for GDS. At least it wont be as fast paced as QOTC and I survived that :)
I've read the instructions a few times but what I still don't understand is the partner part. Does it mean that each person does a layout for each challenge so 2 layouts per team per challenge or do we work together on one layout per challenge or take turns? does that question make sense? It's way past bed time and I'm having trouble with my words :(

mosser77
01-22-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm seriously thinking about doing this, waving the flag for GDS. At least it wont be as fast paced as QOTC and I survived that :)
I've read the instructions a few times but what I still don't understand is the partner part. Does it mean that each person does a layout for each challenge so 2 layouts per team per challenge or do we work together on one layout per challenge or take turns? does that question make sense? It's way past bed time and I'm having trouble with my words :(

I think it may be a little of both, depending on the challenge. (I didn't play last year, but I watched from the sidelines.) Usually you will each do your own LO, but sometimes you might have a "Road Block" where only one partner completes the LO, and sometimes you might have to complete one layout between the two of you. Hope that helps!

pSyren
01-22-2008, 08:31 AM
thanks, that sounds like a whole new level of fun!
would really mix it up.

pSyren
01-22-2008, 08:33 AM
hey has there ever been any type of partner progressive challenge here? like where one person starts the papers, the next does the frames then back again for some elements etc etc? I think that would be interesting, but then again I keep falling asleep on my keyboard :) Off to bed, it's 3:30am here.

BobbieB
01-22-2008, 08:51 AM
I thought about go for this if I found a partner...Just not honestly sure my LO are good enough for something like this

Rae's World
01-22-2008, 09:50 AM
I just signed up!!!!!!!! I am so excited. My partner is my IRL BFF, who is addicted to the Amazing Race and scrapbooking (she also digi scraps). I thought this would be fun for the both of us. So look out for our team: A Rae of Chaos!!!!!

emst
01-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Oh wow what a race, I just went and checked it out, thanks for the info Erin. May have to find a partner for this one, sounds really interesting.

mosser77
01-22-2008, 11:51 AM
I thought about go for this if I found a partner...Just not honestly sure my LO are good enough for something like this

Hey Bobbie, the good thing is that there is no judging! So the only way to get out of the race is if you don't complete a challenge...no worries!

BobbieB
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Well if someone wants to partner up with me Just let me know.
I pitifully have no life and a Job that doesn't take me out of my house lol

cmcariann
01-22-2008, 04:14 PM
This sounds like a ton of fun... I would love to find a partner and join...

Melody
01-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Hmm, I might have to get involved in this too...

tweederbug
01-22-2008, 05:25 PM
I found a partner...she is from here and we need to find a name and sign up!!
Tweederbug and Precious are going to be a team. We both are new and we both have a love of photography and digi scrapping :wink:!

ThoughtfilledMe
01-22-2008, 06:36 PM
If anyone needs a partner, let me know. I'd love to give this a try this year.

myahsmommy
01-22-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm excited about this!! My sis and I are going to do this together. I was really creative (lol) on thinking of a name... We're DigiScrappinTwins.. There you go, don't jump out of your seat for that one!!! :) Hopefully our LO's will be more inventive!!! Hope you ladies have fun!! Good luck in finding partners! I agree with Rebecca, something like that on GDS would be fun. I'd love to work with some of you on LO's! What experience I could gain with that!

QueenPamedalah
01-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Just some notes...
The Race is a lot of FUN!

It is COMPLETION based, not talent based (meaning it's not a judged race). You just have to have it done, posted and link sent to the race host by each week's deadline.

Last time there was a little of everything... both you and your partner will each do a layout. One week only one did it. One week, one started the layout and the other finished it. ANother week you had to scraplift one of your partners earlier layouts.

I had just started digi-scrappin. So because it was completion only, and not talent, I entered and am so glad I did! I found GDS! I also renewed a wonderful friendship with one of my girlfriends who lived in another town.

There are free kits each step of the way (not before the challenge, but as a reward for completing it).

If you have to miss a week and you know AHEAD OF TIME BEFORE THE RACE STARTS, you contact the race host and work it out. They are quite flexible. As it happened with us, my girlfriend was going to be at CHA one week, we informed the host. And then we got lucky because that was one of the weeks where only one had to do a layout, so I did it.

And lastly, it was a lot of FUN!!! Oh, did I say that already?!!?

I presume GDS will be one of the stops along the way... are you guys giving any hints yet???

melissak
01-22-2008, 07:40 PM
I'd like to find a partner. No one that I know digi-scraps. So, if anyone out there still needs to pair up, I'm ready!

pSyren
01-22-2008, 07:46 PM
so are you still up for this partner Pamela or have you had a better offer ;)
I think this will be so much fun and it doesn't actually start for a while yet so it gives me time to get a bit more settled (quicker) in my scrapping.

BobbieB
01-22-2008, 08:12 PM
let me know if anyone needs one. This should be fun...great expiernce...meet new folks....and learn a few thigns along the way

Mag Henrey
01-23-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm keen to give it a go if anyone is still looking for a partner. sounds like fun

BobbieB
01-23-2008, 10:03 PM
hmm Mag wanna partner up?
I'd rather find someone from GDS then go to thier forum and post for one.
I know most of you guys better...if that makes sense looking for a p

KattyZak
01-23-2008, 10:06 PM
I have teamed up with ScrapShana.
Last time, July '07, there was a chat hosted by Theresa if I remember correctly and everyone that wanted to participate was paired up even if you were not at chat. I got paired up with Pahina722 and we had a blast!
Thinking we should get this rolling again - a chat to pair up. I can host if you want. Thinking maybe a chat in mid Feb. like Sunday the 10th?

dimplebrandy
01-23-2008, 10:25 PM
I would love to try this....so Anyone wanna' partner me ??

Mag Henrey
01-24-2008, 12:06 AM
I have teamed up with Inge - we will have to settle on a name and sign up.

inge
01-24-2008, 12:35 AM
You beat me to it partner !

I would like to thank anyone who send me a PM to be my partner ! I like you all but could only pick one offcourse.

inge
01-25-2008, 04:32 AM
Bumping this tread ! I want to see a lot of GDS-teams !

babyofmine
01-25-2008, 06:39 AM
I'm so doing it again this time! I had a total blast with my mom last time. :D But she can't do it this time, as her computer is still not working. But I asked a friend, so hopefully I'll have a partner soon. :)

Charlie'sMomma
01-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Count us in. That makes one more GDS team! *woot
My mom and I are "Scrappin' 4 Charlie."
We don't know how to do a blinkie. Oh, well.
I think this is gonna be tons of fun.

KattyZak
01-25-2008, 10:25 AM
So, who is still looking for a partner? I am teamed up with Shana.

cmcariann
01-25-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm still looking for a partner...
I'm going to Celebrate Portland this weekend (12 hour crop here in town) but I'll be back on Sunday... If you would like to partner up PM me and we can chat...

BobbieB
01-25-2008, 11:19 AM
me and Callista Teamed up.
Working on a team name now

babyofmine
01-25-2008, 08:44 PM
yay!! so many teams now!
Jeckasue and I have teamed up for the Race!!! :D So add us to the list that are "representin' " GDS!
She's my BFF here in Kentucky, so I'm glad to be working with her in the digital world. :gogo:

QueenPamedalah
01-26-2008, 10:24 AM
pSyren and I are TexAus Coast Girls!

Helen
01-26-2008, 12:51 PM
hey has there ever been any type of partner progressive challenge here? like where one person starts the papers, the next does the frames then back again for some elements etc etc? I think that would be interesting, but then again I keep falling asleep on my keyboard :) Off to bed, it's 3:30am here.

Glad to see so many signing up for this - I've heard it's a lot of fun! Won't have time to participate this time - but will be cheering you on.

And Bec - per your suggestion above - about having a progressive challenge here at GDS - where one person starts the layout, then someone else adds on to it - I think this is fabulous idea - maybe Elaine can do this in one of her 'progressive challenges' - will pass it on. Thanks for suggestion!

melissak
01-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Is anyone still looking for a partner? I don't know anyone that digiscraps at all. Someone from here in Washington would be fun. PM me if you are still without a partner...

Melody
02-04-2008, 10:08 PM
So, it's been a while - but is anyone still searching for a partner? Any one not matched up yet?? Now that the Supreme conest is over I'm ready for a new challenge. PM me if you're interested!

inge
02-05-2008, 03:11 AM
I can't wait tot get started ! How many GDS-teams are there ?

schock77
02-05-2008, 04:11 PM
I'd like to check this out. It sounds like fun! Anyone still need a partner?

cmcariann
02-05-2008, 05:02 PM
I'd like to check this out. It sounds like fun! Anyone still need a partner?

I do, if you are interested..
I'll send you a PM and we can chat..

Rae's World
02-05-2008, 08:18 PM
I got my blinkie for ADSR 3!! Thanks Beckie!!!!!!! What do you think??? Super cool!!

cmcariann
02-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Still looking for a partner? PM me and we can talk... I would love to participate but I dont' have anyone locally that digiscraps...

inge
02-07-2008, 02:57 AM
Love the blinkie Rae !

schock77
02-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Melody and I have teamed up... check out the cool blinkie she made. She asked how to make a blinkie, so I figured it'd be simple, but no! Way better than what I'd come up with.

I'm new to ADSR and I'm so excited! It sounds like a lot of fun, and since it's not really "judged," it won't be intimidating.

GO Electric Harmony and the other GDS teams!!! :)