PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE help a NEWBIE with questions...

precious
01-20-2008, 09:30 AM
I am glad to be part of what you guys doing...but here is my question.
When you comment on someone work does it always have to be "OMG I love your LO, So creative!! GOOD JOB!" even when you really want to say "Your LO is a bit overwelming. MAybe you can make it less busy because you are loosing your focal point now". Some good constractive feetback to improve the skill of putting things together. Thats how we grow and learn.
I am sure we all want to be a better scrapbookers but its hard to go to right derection when noone guide you....

Thank You..
a scrapbooker who wants to get better.

tborntreger
01-20-2008, 10:15 AM
I hope this helps you. We do have a gallery for those wanting constructive criticism. You can post those layouts in the Constructive Critism Gallery (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=650)

Also we have a forum thread for CC located here (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2141).

As far as comments, some people aren't comfortable leaving CC and others really do truly love the layouts of others even if the creator of that layout may not. I know we are all here to learn as well and if I can be of any help please let me know!

KattyZak
01-20-2008, 12:04 PM
If you really want CC, you may get some if you put that in your description of your layout but not everyone reads it, so, make it bold so people can see it.
I do get where you are coming from but unsolicited CC is a huge no no in the digi world. I saw a big discussion about it somehwhere not so long ago and that was the consensus because most people can find something to like on just about every layout.

Debra
01-20-2008, 12:35 PM
If you really want CC, you may get some if you put that in your description of your layout but not everyone reads it, so, make it bold so people can see it.
I do get where you are coming from but unsolicited CC is a huge no no in the digi world. I saw a big discussion about it somehwhere not so long ago and that was the consensus because most people can find something to like on just about every layout.

Hi there and Welcome...

Ditto for me the above... I'm happy to give CC but only if it's been solicited :):wink:

inge
01-21-2008, 02:47 AM
To be honest there are so many LO's in the gallery that I only comment on the ones I like best, just out of a lack of time ! Giving CC is very hard cause taste is something soooo personal. And personally I think you can learn a lot from positive critics to...they send you in the good direction.

zakirahzakaria
01-21-2008, 04:39 AM
I agree. Positive comments aren't just meant to flatter you, but also to encourage you to scrap more and improve the layouts. It's always nice to leave supportive comments.

*just my 2 cents*

Sexy__Eyes
01-21-2008, 05:46 AM
I agree. Positive comments aren't just meant to flatter you, but also to encourage you to scrap more and improve the layouts. It's always nice to leave supportive comments.

*just my 2 cents*

I agree, positive comments are what kept me going. It gave me the courage to practice and improve my skills. However if you want CC I'd gladly help but it beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and what is beautiful to you may not be beautiful to me. CC should be done privately unless the person is down right asking for the help. Then her layout should be posted in the CC gallery. We at GDS want to encourage people to scrap not discourage them.

emst
01-21-2008, 06:20 AM
I have to agree with everyone there is a place to post your layout for it to be critiqued, I won't make a negative comment in the galleries. I like to look at a layout and find something nice about it to comment on even if it isn't a very good layout, I feel you can always find something good to say. I feel it encourages you to stick with the scrapping even if it's one small comment, at least it did that for me. But the layout basically has to work for you, how you feel about it, start over until you have it to your satisfaction, if it still doesn't seem right then ask for suggestions. These are just my personal feelings on your comment.

twirlyjoy
01-21-2008, 06:27 AM
I think its Debra who has in her siggy here "Its not how you scrap that matters, its why" and I think that pretty much sums up what everyone has said so far. I scrap for MY pleasure and MY enjoyment as well as to have memories for me and my friends and family. I upload my layouts to online galleries in order to share that with my online friends. To be honest, I am not bothered if my layouts are liked by others or not - as long as I like them then that's what matters.

Now, if I had a LO which I couldn't quite get to look right as far as I was concerned, then I might ask others for some ideas in order to help me getting it looking the way I want.

I certainly wouldn't want CC on a LO which I liked and which I hadn't asked for!!!

precious
01-21-2008, 11:06 AM
thank you guys! Now i understand better the GDS world hehehe. Thank you!