PDA

View Full Version : It's Snowing here! (in Millbrook, AL)...weird..

Coolscrapbook
01-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Ok, it hasn't snowed in Central Alabama in years and years and years. It's snowing now, and they say, we are to get up to six inches of it too. I'm so excited. Of course, all you folks that are buried in snow up in the north, might be thinking-I'm crazy for getting excited over this!

But when you get snow in a place you don't expect to get it, it's kind of a big deal. Anyway, we'll enjoy it while we have it, thought I'd share the news. LOL

I did live in Switzerland for 3 years (I was married there to a Swiss-totally in the past), and we got snow 4-5 months out of the year, and it was so not the big deal, in fact it was sooo annoying, we couldn't wait to get rid of it, and spring to come around the corner. And look at me now, jumping for joy over a few inches of flakes! Life is strange, isn't it.

Anyway, have a wonderful day today.

amyleigh1204
01-19-2008, 10:04 AM
It snowed here in NE Texas yesterday!!!!! Not much and it didn't stick, but it was so pretty and lasted for about 2 hours.

Debra
01-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi Addie! Great to see you.. and happy for you getting the snow...I'm in MD and we're suppose to get it too later today... fun fun! Enjoy!

gigichet
01-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Oh Addie this has got to be so exciting for you. I know years ago when I lived in Alabama I walked to school in the morning with only a sweater and school was let out early cause we got a freak blizzard. So you have fun, stay safe and take PLENTY of pictures...:)

twirlyjoy
01-19-2008, 10:39 AM
I soooo wish we would get some snow - not for me, you understand, but cos the girls would love it!!!!! :wink:

BobbieB
01-19-2008, 11:18 AM
yeah its snowing on and off in my part of Alabama....Sheffield. Way way way way 20 minutes from Tennessee north. we got a little last night and a little today and apparently Birmingham got killed with it today

Mom_of_5
01-19-2008, 03:58 PM
How cool for you! We are getting snow here today too and it's not supposed to stop until Monday!