PDA

View Full Version : Not long till christmas guys!!

Phoenix
12-06-2006, 02:05 PM
I spent yesterday putting the christmas tree up. Me and Jordan of course. I have already shopped for his christmas present which is the PSP console i got from trademe. Heaps of people are talking about the new Nintendo Wii and how its sold out in some american shops. Well.... its just come out in NZ today and selling for $500 and Im really really tempted to get it! I am getting my daughters cellphone for her for christmas. But the Wii may have to be missed this year i think coz i know for a fact that I will get to keep my tv free!! lol. I dont know we shall see. I think I will go shopping today since my daughter is home for the day so her and I can go together.

Anyway, what you guys been up to leading up to christmas?

Phoenix
12-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Oh I forgot to mention too that my parents are having christmas dinner at home which is awesome for a change. As I wanted to stay home instead. The only thing im annoyed about is that mum and dad just wants a barbeque. Im like errrrr we can have a barbeque any day why not have something special... like my favorite traditional honey glazed ham on the bone. But I can see dads point of view that they just want a simple day where they didnt have to do too much

So, anyway, I will be doing the desserts of course lol. We are having trifles, pavlova's and fruit salad and there will be a christmas cake .. mum makes that and steam pud which will be done at nite coz our christmas dinner will be lunchtime.

You guys not doing anything???!!!

okblues
12-06-2006, 05:46 PM
I hope to have our tree up by the weekend, won't guarantee it will be decorated fully until.....who knows, lol. We always seem to add little ornaments the kids make or some treasures we buy along the way. Honey glazed ham, mmm, sounds delicious. I've finally started my candy & cookie making. We made pressed butter cookies today and a couple different flavors of fudge. As for shopping, let's not even go there. I'm still not even close to finished. Give me a couple more weeks. I've been known to have to run to town on Christmas Eve, lol.

macmomma
12-06-2006, 06:11 PM
LOL I put our tree up the first week of November :)
I was up to my eyeballs in Christmas Spirit!

Robbi1
12-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Well, I finally finished getting my tree up and the outside decorations are up front and back, then our Pop up Santa sprung a leak and would not pop out of the Chimney (bye bye santa) so we took him down and have to go into town to get one that doesnt animate, but will blow up to 8 ft tall!

We will have dinner at dd's this year, which will be a first! I am really looking forward to it, but I will also kind of miss having it here too - No one will be able to see my beautiful tree - oh well, next year!

As far as shopping goes, I'm about 1/2 way done and still have a ways to go, hope I can get it done by the end of next week, so I can get some rest! Ha Ha - Then I have to start the cookies and treats and of course "Moms Fudge"

Well I sure hope we get through another Christmas - It sure came fast this year! Happy Holidays All !

Xaria
12-06-2006, 07:58 PM
I only have a few things to pick up for presents. I know what tehy are, I just haven't done it yet.
My mother is coming for a visit on Wednesday to finish her shopping too. Might do the Christmas tour at the chocolate factory to really get in the mood.
Decorating is complete as I don't really do much, two little trees that I put away decorated and a few stuffed toys.
Christmas baking is happening this weekend and most of it will be given away over the next few days. I have the recipes all set out and the ingredients bought. Only the mixing and baking to go.
I think I am about as organized as I could hope for.

twirlyjoy
12-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Our tree went up last weekend - still have a few non-tree decorations to go up, but tht will be done this weekend.

Most of my Christmas shopping is done - all of the girl's pressies are bought - but had better not type here what in case they read it!! lol!!

As for presents for the rest of my family, my brothers, Dad and I have decided that instead of buying presents for each other, we are doing 'oxfam unwrapped' (http://www.oxfamunwrapped.com/) so the money goes to something useful, rather than just stuff for the sake of it - my girls have also asked for me to buy something from there for them, so I am going to do that too - probably the text books.

Phoenix
12-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Oh Everyone!!

I have to say that I was talking with Alice a couple of nites ago when she was telling me about her baking and cooking and mmmmmm she sounds soooooo yummy!! I mean the cooking. Oh I would love to go live with her for a week and see all the baking and cooking she does!!!! lol

Oh yeah .. well I havent finished the decorating yet either.. the tree is missing balls and bows... I dont know whats happened to all the ones I used to have Im sure my mother threw them out since she was the last with my christmas tree. Mind it the tree and decorations are like 12 years old. I had it since shania was 1. she is now 12. Also I have to get christmas shopping done for my sis etc.

Bleh.. I honestly hate christmas.. I just too broke!!

CrayonQueen
12-07-2006, 08:20 AM
This year we are doing' christmas eve at my house, which is a first, since we normally go to my moms house. We make tamales every year, and this year I am in charge. I think it's going to be great cause, this way I won't have to worry about what the children are getting into while I am helping my mom cook, and I can just concentrate on learning this recipe! LOL

We are also getting our christmas tree and decorations this weekend, and we are all very excited about that. As far as pressies, I still have a few to guy, but I also know what I'm going to get, so it's no biggie....all except for one.......my old man. I honestly just wanna throw my hands up and surrender when it comes to shopping for him. He's the hardest person to shop for ever!!

Daniellesmama
12-07-2006, 10:10 AM
My tree will go up this week - probably Sunday cause Saturday is looking busy already.

We're going out of town (my parents) for Christmas, so we won't go too nuts decorating and cooking.

still lots of shopping to do, though. I know what to get for the most part, so that helps! Just gotta find the time to do it when my dd is not with me.

Scrapdragon
12-07-2006, 12:59 PM
I've hardly even started yet which is very unlike me,, usually the tree is up first week in December and all the cards are written out, most of the shopping done!
Still, I have had a good excuse,, just got back from a 5 week holiday in OZ!!

Debra
12-07-2006, 03:13 PM
You are all so far ahead of me.. just started the outside decorating yesterday, baked 2 sets of cookies with Hannah but haven't done the tree yet and sure haven't even started shopping! Aaaahhhhhhhhhh!

HollyS
12-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Deb, I'm not too far ahead of you....Getting the tree this weekend...boys are super excited and especially Jackie cuz I picked up a train to go around the tree this year so he can keep his paws off my village train! Speaking of my village, working on that now. I have the Department 56 North Pole Series and Christmas in the City and have fun every year putting it all together ... different each year! Have some decorations out on the yard but don't have the lights up on the house. Bugging my DH to do that cuz we seem to be the only ones on our street that don't have them up yet :(

Shopping...oh my! Have some but lots to go because we have 5 family members that have birthdays within a week of xmas so have extra shopping to do...fun fun!

Can't wait to start baking with the boys...they love it and I love sharing that time with them....

Phoenix
12-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Im gonna go shopping tomorrow. Jordan is getting $100 from his grandparents for christmas and he wants to go shopping tomorrow. So I thought well I spose i could get my shopping done to. Hey at least I get my chocolates from jordan!! I hope