PDA

View Full Version : She is Ours

emst
01-16-2008, 09:48 AM
I wanted to post something in the chatter sooner but my daughter and son-in-law just found out last week that Kimberly is officially their baby now. The paper work for the Guatemala Government made the December 31st deadline, one of the last ones that got through. Things move so slow that even though they got accepted by the deadline they never got word until last week Jan. 8th.

Now comes more waiting for the final process of another DNA test, the birth mom signing off again and changing the name on the birth certificate, plus other things. So hopefully they will get a call in 6 weeks to come and get her. Then at that point they will have to go to Guatemala and sign all necessary papers to finalize the adoption. Wow this has been a long process but at least now the end is near. Best of all they are taking me and Todd's mom with them to Guatemala when they go get her. We'll be in charge of keeping an eye on Madeline, not at all hard to do.

Last week while up in Virginia visiting them Madeline did this layout of her sister Kimberly. She really did pick out the kit, which
is Leslie Emery's new Home Sweet Home kit. She then picked out all the papers, elements and the photo of Kimberly that she wanted to use. She told me she wanted 10 hearts and where she wanted them, thankfully they all fit, the house, the frame with the photo, very picky about where she wanted things put. She also did the typing with me telling her what letters to type.
Here is a link to Madeline's first layout telling her sister to Come Home Soon (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=19465&ppuser=1970)

Sorry for going on like this but I'm so excited that the wait is almost over.
Thank you to everyone here at GDS my scrapping family for all their thoughts and prayers.
Now let's keep praying that Wendy aka rumikimom gets her little boy home soon too.
Hugs to all

twirlyjoy
01-16-2008, 10:04 AM
oh wow! That is fantastic news!! Brought a tear to my eye! And that LO is gorgeous!!!

Congratulations to you all!!!

QueenPamedalah
01-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Wonderful News! You must be so excited!!!! Best wishes for "smooth sailing" for you and your family!

BobbieB
01-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Awesome Wonderful News Elaine!
I can't wait till you start scrapping her she is sooooo adorable
ya'll must be UBER Excited!

Charlie'sMomma
01-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Oh, Elaine, I feel your excitement. I'm so happy for you. Madeline is now officially a big sister. Wonderful news! Thanks for sharing with us.

:party1:

ABitDaffy
01-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Hallelujah! That's incredible news - I'm so happy for your whole family!

lillypug34
01-16-2008, 10:32 AM
I couldn't be happier for you Elaine! This is just wonderful news and I'm sure you are all counting the moments until she's in your arms! Kimberly is going to make such a wonderful addition to your family! Congrats ...

tborntreger
01-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Such good news Elaine!!! I hope Kimberly gets to come home soon!!

I think you have a budding digi scrapper on your hands w/ Madeline!

ScrappinBikerChick
01-16-2008, 10:40 AM
yippee yahoo! i am so excited that you get to go down when they pick her up! what an amazing experience that will be for the whole family!!!

charliesnana
01-16-2008, 10:50 AM
WONDERFUL news! You have every right to go on and on as much as you want. So excited for you and your family. And Madeline is going to be some digiscrapper when she grows up. Look at her already!

Hugs ...

gigichet
01-16-2008, 11:13 AM
woohoo....You have to be turning cartwheels with joy....I am so excited and happy for you all. Can't wait to see all of the layouts with Kimberly and Madeline together. Tell Madeline that she did a fantastic job on her layout!

KattyZak
01-16-2008, 11:28 AM
oh wow - that is really exciting news~! So happy for all of you. And you get another grand daughter to spoil. Madeline's layout is wonderful~!

Antje
01-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Wow, so wonderful news! I am so happy for you and your family!

pSyren
01-16-2008, 02:02 PM
great news Elaine!
Congratulations :)

Debra
01-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Yaaaay! Such happy news! So exciting to hear that all has gone well and little Kimberly will be coming home soon! Big hug and squeezes!!

amyleigh1204
01-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Oh, Elaine, how exciting!!!! Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Melody
01-16-2008, 03:50 PM
This is such wonderful news Elaine! I'm so excited for you and your family. I hope the next couple of weeks fly by! Madeline's page is very cute BTW, and I love how much she's looking foward to meeting her new little sister!

Helen
01-16-2008, 03:58 PM
HUGS!!!!!!!!! This is so fantastic - WOW news for all of you! I am thrilled and so happy for you - this is the best way to start off the new year. And you get to go with them - that will be a great trip! And Madeline's layout is just beautiful - please tell her that we think she did a fantastic page! Layout composition is great - the photo she picked is great - and the placement of the 10 hearts is perfect! Looks like we have another digi-scrapper in our family! You're going to have some competition for your computer now - she's going to want to do this with you all the time now - lol!

anitastreet
01-16-2008, 04:18 PM
this is just the best news! I am so happy for you all....I know the next few weeks will seem like forever! the only thing better then one grandchild is 2 grandchildren according to my Mom :)

and how awesome that Madeline gets to have both her grandmothers with her ..that will make her feel special I'm sure as the baby will be getting a lot of attention!

all the best!!!!!!!!

*woot*woot*woot*woot*woot

HollyS
01-16-2008, 04:23 PM
I don't think my smile can get any bigger! Truly am super happy for you all and how exciting that you'll get to experience the first of many precious moments!

Mom_of_5
01-16-2008, 05:16 PM
This is such wonderful news, Elaine! I know you and your family are just bursting with happiness! CONGRATULATIONS! Hopefully she will be home soon!

kel3120
01-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Great news Elaine! That's so wonderful for you and your family.

eb2177
01-16-2008, 07:58 PM
This such wonderful news Elaine!!

babyofmine
01-16-2008, 09:06 PM
fantastic news! :D please keep us updated! lovely LO, too. ;)

wildstorm
01-16-2008, 09:37 PM
I know I said this on the LO but wanted to say it again. Am so pleased that things have moved along at last. I know you can't wait to have your new little grand daughter home. What a wonderful big sister Madeline is going to be. Congrats to you and your family. We can share each others new grand baby photos as Louise's baby should be arriving around that time.

inge
01-17-2008, 12:02 AM
O Elaine that is the best news !!!!! And what a great experience that will be !

PamWhit
01-17-2008, 03:30 AM
Elaine, this is just awesome news! I am so happy for you all. Six weeks is going to seem like forever!

rumkimom
01-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Elaine - that is awesome news!! I was wondering if they had heard anything.

As for me....my agency is supposed to be getting a package on Monday from China and 5 of us families are hoping that our paperwork is in there. :)

Coolscrapbook
01-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Wonderful news, congratulations. I know you all have been patiently waiting for so long. She is beautiful. God Bless.