PDA

View Full Version : Update on FIL

KattyZak
01-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes, ladies. You all really rock.
Looks like he is out of the woods for the most part and is already being moved to a nursing home tomorrow. There was some concern about an infection and about having surgery or not. Because of his age and Parkinson's disease they aren't.
Evidently he was on a deck when the ladder slipped out which probably means he hit the deck on his fall.
The hard part is how life changing this will be - he may never get out of the nursing home which saddens my heart greatly as he loves to walk, fish, hunt and be with his hunting dog.
So, again, thanks ladies for everything.

ScrappinBikerChick
01-10-2008, 08:37 AM
please continue to keep us updated! glad he is out of the woods...hopefully he will be able to return to some of his day-to-day activities in time. prayer will continue from here...

gigichet
01-10-2008, 08:52 AM
So glad to hear that he is doing better Kathy...and I will continue to keep him in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Helen
01-10-2008, 09:17 AM
HUGS - thanks for the update - hope he continues to get better! the nursing home might just be temporary - he still might be able to get out of there and go hunting again.

eb2177
01-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the update Kathy, I'm so glad to hear that he is doing better! I will also continue to keep Him and your family is my prayers.

anitastreet
01-10-2008, 10:49 AM
glad to hear he's out of the woods but sorry to hear about remaining in a nursing home...that will be an abrupt life change for him...unlike someone who goes into one for gradual aging...hope he gets lots of visitors to cheer his spirits...any chance he can out for a regular walk with someone if he's in a wheelchair? I know my Dad had a hard time about anyone pushing him along but did great with a powerscooter ...
will keep him in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery...

KattyZak
01-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Dh and son are heading up there tomorrow after school, 2 hour drive (DD has BBall games) so will know better what happens from there.

babyofmine
01-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Happy to hear he's doing better! That is a shame about having to stay in the nursing home. As Anita said, I hope he gets lots of visitors and feels safe! :)

Debra
01-12-2008, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the update Kathy... will continue to pray for him and hope that he can continue to live his life to his fullest ability.