PDA

View Full Version : Selective Blending? Is that what you call it?

HollyS
01-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Can you visit Doreen's layout here...she did a bunch of calendar pages where the papers bleed into each other like blending was done on a section of the paper. I use PSE5.....does anyone know how she did this? Of course I haven't asked her and I could but thought I would throw this out to everyone so everyone can also see the answer..............if there is one :)

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=16919&ppuser=2594&sl=d

gigichet
01-09-2008, 06:13 PM
not sure if that is what it is called or not but I love it too...so I hope that someone answers your question and then you can let me know too...

QueenPamedalah
01-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Let's ask Doro! I'm thinking each layer got a fading brush stroke so they look like they blend together... but I'm a newb!
It's a beautiful effect!

emst
01-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Only guessing but it looks to me like she used her rectangle marquee tool and cut a piece of paper using a high feather pixel when cutting the paper out, once placed on the bottom layer it looks like she used a very low opacity for the eraser to finish blending in the plain papers.
Again only guessing on it because that's what it looks like to me. Darn it now I'm going to have to test my theory unless you ask her Holly.

BobbieB
01-09-2008, 10:13 PM
I just tested out Elaine's theory and it rocks.
Nice new Technique to use lol
I did it in PSP tho

BobbieB
01-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Here's what mine came out like.
I went a wee stupid with the eraser

Andrea
04-15-2008, 11:14 AM
I wish I had seen this thread when it was posted. I can almost guarantee that she used the pattern stamp tool with a soft brush set with low opacity. I don't know if PSE has a pattern stamp tool. :)

tweederbug
04-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Here is a layout that I did awhile ago doing the same thing. I used a soft brush and added in layers. While the layer that I wanted to keep active..I just erased and changed the brushes "hardness" until I got the effect that I wanted. I think that I kept the layer as a template...I THINK!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=25558&ppuser=8317

emst
04-15-2008, 06:49 PM
I actually tested what I thought Doro might have done and I use that all the time now when I want to blend papers together. In this one I used a blue, green and brown paper from the kit.
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=25430&ppuser=1970

Andrea
04-15-2008, 07:10 PM
I think these all have a very similar effect! Your pages look great Elaine. The only difference with the pattern stamp tool is that you define the second paper as a pattern and paint it on with a soft brush! Who could ever go back to paper scrapping??? Not me!! :laugh:

lawgal
04-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Very cool techniques, now I have to try these out. Thanks for the info!

Helen
04-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Thanks for commenting on these - I missed this thread last month when I was sick!

LOVE all the techniques used here to describe this.

Learn something new every day - even me - the 'techniques challenge' "hostess"

Will save this idea for down the road - this would be a great technique to play with in the monthly challenges.

I've done it the way Elaine described - but not the way Andrea described.
Looks like several techniques work. Will have to play with this myself. I don't do much of this blending of papers on my layouts -

great idea - thanks everyone for keeping this thread going.