PDA

View Full Version : Organizing Supplies

CrayonQueen
12-03-2006, 09:53 PM
So how do you guys organize your supplies?

Currently, I have a scrap folder, and then a bunch of folders for kits (1 per folder) and then I have an elements folder and inside that I have sub folders for ribbons, frames, word art ect......it just doesn't seem very effecient to me, and I'd like to get some other ideas.

Thanks!! :)

Phoenix
12-04-2006, 01:10 AM
i have all my kits sorted in designer folders. Its easier for me that way so i know whose kit I got the stuff from so that i remember to give credit lol. I do all my organising manually and when i find the time otherwise it all sits on my desktop till I do. Hugs

HollyS
12-04-2006, 07:07 AM
Hi Patty, both Alice and Deb have looked at the product called Digital Scraproom Software (http://www.digitalscraproom.com/). Both said that if you are just starting out that it would surely be a benefit. And I hear that is another one so I'll do another posting on that one when I get the name of it..

CrayonQueen
12-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Hi Patty, both Alice and Deb have looked at the product called Digital Scraproom Software (http://www.digitalscraproom.com/). Both said that if you are just starting out that it would surely be a benefit. And I hear that is another one so I'll do another posting on that one when I get the name of it..

Thank Holly I appreciate it.....I just went through and browsed their website, it seems as though it's a really cool little program......

Scrapdragon
12-05-2006, 02:20 PM
When I started out I used to split kits into papers, frames, butons etc,, seemed logical at the time,, but I soon realised it was a duff system,, so now I have a folder for kkits,, and within that I have folders called whatever disk,, and favourites etc,, so when I buy a new kit it goes in a folder with the designer name and kit name, and goes into the folder for the latest disk,, and the preview files (copy of) go into a seperate preview folder,, numbered the same as the disk folder (hope that makes sense)
once the folder is full enough, (and I have used all the kits at least once)I burn the kits onto a disk to back them up and either delete them off my hard drive or If I love a kit so much I know I will use it over and over, it goes into my favourites,, I then make a contact sheet with the preview files and label that to match the disk. If I ever need a kit I just flick through the previews and I know instantly where to find it,, well that's the idea anyway,, lol

Debra
12-05-2006, 02:39 PM
scrapdragon, that sounds like a pretty efficient little process you have going.. might have to try that myself... at this point I have everything in folders by designer and my designs in individual folders that I just drag over to the ehd when I need more regulard hd space....

Scrapdragon
12-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Thanks,, it seems to work good,, so far anyway,, an ehd is on my wish list for Xmas! So far, I have 24 dvd disks full of kits,,, eek! not to mention the 160gb hard drive which is almost bursting!

They're all sooooo purty though,,, I grabbed your lemon pie earlier,, yum!