PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Colored or White??

Debra
12-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Funny... All these years we've had multi-colored lights on our Christmas trees..seemed more fun for the munchkins. But now that I'm getting older, I'm liking the white lights... seems more elegant or something.

So, now I can't decide, white or multi-color.. maybe I'll just let Hannah decide *wub

What about you? Do you prefer the white or multicolor ones?

HollyS
12-03-2006, 08:07 AM
I go with the white! So many other things around the house that make the kiddies laugh, giggle and aw like animated or optic figurines, etc. So I go with the white lights on the tree!

Robbi1
12-03-2006, 09:09 AM
I seem to enjoy the colored small lights on our tree. We have the white Icecycle lights all around the eves outside tho. :)

Phoenix
12-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Both I like both!

jburkhart
12-03-2006, 11:59 AM
If you are looking for elegant...than go for the white.....we have two young children and prefer the multi-colored lights...with some twinkles too!

Leslie Emery
12-03-2006, 04:28 PM
We have White lights outside.
Last year we started getting two trees.
one in the entrance that is formal with white lights, pink bows and ornaments and one tree in the familyroom for the kids. Their tree has all of their ornaments they have received or made over the years and it has colored lights, which are happy and bright : ) Very fun, and It has solved the discussions we have every year of white or colored *yes

Xaria
12-03-2006, 04:36 PM
red. I only decorate my little table top tre as we don't have much room and bought a string of little red lights for it. So far that is all the decorating I have done *:no

Rebecca
12-03-2006, 04:37 PM
I am with the kids, colored!!! I have tree allergies so we have a fake 7 foot fiber optic tree!

okblues
12-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Oh, I like both. A couple years ago we splurged on a very nice 7 ft fiber optic tree. It has different plates so you can change the colors, from white to different variations of multi-color. I like the red & white plate, which is what we will use this year, with red bows, gold beaded garland and my ecclectic assortment of ornaments.

CrayonQueen
12-03-2006, 06:05 PM
I personally prefer the multi-coloured winking lights........but I also think that Leslie's idea of getting two trees is a great idea!!

Debra
12-03-2006, 09:04 PM
I don't think I can handle two trees... Ms. Ambitious Leslie, I bow to ya girly! This year I'm finding it hard just to get the gumption up for one!

Scrapdragon
12-05-2006, 02:14 PM
I have the small multi coloured ones,, but I would have all lilac,, lol

Debra
12-12-2006, 07:20 AM
well, we ended up with the multi color... gotta keep it fun for the munchkin !!

and you know what, my DD who's off to college this year called to ask specifically, "have you got the tree up yet? Pleaaaase have it done before I get home so I don't have to help!... and make sure it's all charlie brown as always... lol!" .... Geez, yes master..... your wish is my command! (she flies home this saturday for the Christmas break)... I think I'll make her wrap all the gifts for revenge's sake :gogo:

NicholeAnn
12-12-2006, 08:48 AM
I prefer white non blinky lights.