PDA

View Full Version : Just a Wee Bit of Info

Cheyenne
01-04-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm not really good with forums - probably because I haven't gotten involved in them. lol I've been a part of this group since July '07 and feel like I will soon be ready to take the plunge into making some layouts. I'd like to create a 'signature' (if I can remember where I saw how to do it) and I'd love to include a GDS banner in it. Are there any banners available? I'm a 55 y/o woman on disability with 3 dogs, 2 African Grays, a turtle, and 15 g-children. I've lived in Tampa almost 36 yrs & can't wait to move out of this state & back to some rural area. That's about all there is to me! :hairpull:

amyleigh1204
01-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Welcome, Cheyenne! Nice to have you out of the shadows! You can find a GDS blinkie in anyone's siggy and right click on it, then select Properties, then copy the Address; next, go to the User CP and select Edit Signature--here you can type in your name and other info that you want in your signature, and click the icon at the top of the dialog box that looks like a picture--this is where you can paste the address of the blinkie that you want to save.

Hope this is clear!

Cheyenne
01-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks you so much for your reply Amy Leigh. It seems so simple. I probably should have asked my 11 y/o g-son how to do it! Been working on these things for over 20 yrs & still get lost. lol :wink:

ScrapShana
01-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Hey Cheyenne! So great you're coming out of lurk mode. It is kinda scary at first, but nobody here bites. You're safe. ;)
If you grab AmyLeigh's blinkie, or mine, you might get a little surprise sent to you!
Have fun on the board, and if you have anymore questions, please don't be shy about giving a shout out!

Helen
01-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Welcome Cheyenne! I'm 55 too - have been here for over a year - first as a lurker myself - then started posting layouts - then got on the supreme team - then won the designer contest - and I have been loving it all here!

Debra and Holly, Elaine, Joy, and Gwen are the best - the designers have fabulous products, the forum always has something going on - lots of challenges to participate in - your choice depending on how much time you have - and the galleries have no size restriction - and are filled with tons of layouts to ooh and ahh over - and scraplift - and get inspiration from.

Glad you posted here and if you ever have any questions or need any help - just ask - either in the forum - or via a PM to any of us.

Welcome - and my - 15 grandchildren - you have me beat - I only have 4 and one more due in the next few weeks.

looking forward to seeing layouts of your grandkids!

Cheyenne
01-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi AmyLeigh - Remember me? Probably shouldn't even be messing with this right now cause I'm shaky nervous . . . but I am determined. I suppose I should really go on the net, do a search for signatures, & educate myself on how to do them? I have more questions than need be posted on here. I did what you told me to do . . . I used your blinky, right clicked on it, chose properties, copied the url. Then I went to user cp & Chose edit signature. I did my name & then clicked on (sorry can't remember rite now but I tried 2 different things up there). Clicked on preview signature and I'd get the url & my signature. One time I did get the dreaded red X box. Am I just making this too difficult? Thank You.

TSavoie11
01-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi Cheyenne! It's easier if you right click on the blinkie you like and then go to save as. Save it as whatever name you want to then upload it to Photobucket (which is really easy and free!) After you upload the image there is an IMG code underneath it-copy this code into your edit signature box! Hope this helps!

Cheyenne
01-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Tami, thank you ever so much. I just did one that I happened to already have in my blinkie file on my hard drive. Wonder what I'll be sneaking in time to do tomorrow??? Thanks Again.