PDA

View Full Version : GDS Blinkies

rumkimom
01-04-2008, 08:08 AM
HI,

I would like to add a GDS blinkie to both my sig and to my blog. Where can I find one that I can use?

Thanks!!
Wendy C.

BobbieB
01-04-2008, 08:35 AM
you know.
I searched for blinkies once and found the thread.
But I actually just borrow them from peoples signatures lol

amyleigh1204
01-04-2008, 08:38 AM
You can snag one that you like off anyone's siggy! Just right click on it, click on Properties, then copy the address to paste into your Edit Signature box in the User Control Panel.

QueenPamedalah
01-04-2008, 08:59 AM
The only catch with copying the properties, is that if the "host" ever deletes it, you lose yours too. It is correct "etiquette" to copy and save it to your files and upload it to your own hosting site. Not that it would happen on this board, but I have "borrowed" pics (just copy and pasted the properties to use the owner's hosting photo) and once they very impolitely replaced the photo with an image I'd rather not have seen. I mean, gheesh, they could have just written me and asked me to host it myself!

:)

Helen
01-04-2008, 09:34 AM
The only catch with copying the properties, is that if the "host" ever deletes it, you lose yours too. It is correct "etiquette" to copy and save it to your files and upload it to your own hosting site. Not that it would happen on this board, but I have "borrowed" pics (just copy and pasted the properties to use the owner's hosting photo) and once they very impolitely replaced the photo with an image I'd rather not have seen. I mean, gheesh, they could have just written me and asked me to host it myself!

:)

Excellent point! That's why I always copy and save to my personal file on my desktop...then upload to photobucket and then add to my siggy. Same thing with the cute Happy Birthday blinkies etc that I find.

So, yes...just copy them from any of our signatures - thanks for asking!

rumkimom
01-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks all! I guess I will just pick the ones that I like and then host them on my own site. Thanks for the info. :)

babyofmine
01-04-2008, 03:21 PM
There are also some of the "counter" blinkies here
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2156
in posts #1 and #4. :D