PDA

View Full Version : Making a Blinkie

DiamondDesign
12-31-2007, 05:35 AM
I am using CS3 and know how to animate my blinkie (at least to add one item at a time and then stay on the finished blinkie for a moment). What I don't know is how to make it nice and crisp, like all the ones I see here. Even my text becomes fuzzy and pixelated. I won't mention how horrid my shape looks.

I am making it 150 px X 50 px and have tried it at 72 px/in, 96 px/in and 300 px/in. I tried making it 700 px wide at 300 px/in and then shrinking the image.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? How is it done correctly?

DiamondDesign
12-31-2007, 05:36 AM
Side questions on animation.

In my GDS blinkie the fairie is doing a cartwheel across the page. Would this have been made with so many duplicate layers of her slightly moved and rotated, and then turn off or on for the different frames?

Similar question for scrapandrea's blinkie. How are her vines moving, not just blinking?

lillypug34
12-31-2007, 07:06 AM
I am a newbie to blinkie making myself and am still trying to figure out lots of things! It sounds like you are creating the blinkie correctly - I create in CS3 at 150x50. Then I load my files into a gif animation program called Ulead Gif Animator. I'm wondering if your animation program is causing the blur ....

As far as moving objects, I create one frame at a time (similar to creating a cartoon animation). I'm still searching for an easier, more advanced way and will let you know if I find one!

DiamondDesign
12-31-2007, 07:30 AM
I am using the animation feature in CS3. My "stuff" is already poor looking when I make it.

Okay, I just went back in this morning, after shutting everything down last night, and it seemed to look right. Nothing fancy. I'm going to post it here so that I can see it, and if it still looks wrong people may see what I am doing wrong.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/ke6wmo/blinktest.gif

DiamondDesign
12-31-2007, 07:34 AM
All right, the text and shapes are still fuzzy looking - not clear, crisp or sharp.

AND it's not blinking! I did four animation frames and it played in CS3. I saved as a gif. What do I need to do to make it blink?

lillypug34
12-31-2007, 08:14 AM
I think a lot of the blur may come from the colors you choose ... I often have to change my font color/size/etc a bunch before I find one that looks clear. You can also add bevel to your text, drop shadow, etc to enhance it - these options help a lot.

I am unfamiliar with the CS3 animation program ... so i'm not much help there :(