PDA

View Full Version : What's up with this???

HollyS
11-30-2006, 01:41 PM
My boys play under 10 and under 8's soccer here. We are so excited that both made it to the semi-finals which is great considering the soccer association here has over 1700 kids playing this season....despite all the terrible reffereeing that has gone on.

So here goes my rant...and before I go on, no I'm not one of the crazy obsessed parents over their kids sports success...

Here it is a semi-final game last night and can they give us a ref that knows the rules? No! And so what do you think happens, the coaches get all upset and then the kids have to witness that (that part does not make me happy). What do kids learn by not enforcing rules? Hellooo! Basic concept, isn't it???

Phoenix
11-30-2006, 02:27 PM
i totally agree holly. Did you speak to the coaches about it? or the other parents?

Daniellesmama
11-30-2006, 06:34 PM
That's crazy. If they are orgainzing it, they should make sure that there are people running it that know the rules. Not much of a lesson for the kids!

okblues
11-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Agreed Holly, not what the kids should be learning. Happens a lot here too though, quite maddening. Hope they get it worked out for the kids sake.

Debra
12-01-2006, 02:25 AM
It's a shame when the adults can't set a good example for the kids :(