PDA

View Full Version : *OMG, Print your layouts!!!*

tborntreger
12-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Ok.....I had never printed my layouts before but after a little nudge I took the plunge and they came today. I rushed out to the porch to pick them up just after the mailman left and I hurried inside and opened the package! I pulled them out and I have to say WOW!!!!

I got tickled with myself b/c I was so shocked to see how big they were...even though I made them in 12x12...but to have them full size, tangible in print and in my hands for my eyes to feast on is a totally different and rewarding experience in comparison to looking at them on my computer screen.

I found myself reaching out to touch the elements. I have to tell you gDS printing service ROCKS. If you haven't printed any of your layouts out before, please take my advice and rush to the store today and order some prints. I promise you won't regret it!

There's no better time than right now to order your prints because Debra and Holly have put them on sale. What a bargain!!! Check it out here!! (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=16)

Finally a thank you for Deb and Holly who gave me that extra little nudge to print some of my layouts!!! I'm so excited right now that I feel like a child on Christmas morning!!! What a treat! :gogo:

lillypug34
12-03-2007, 02:52 PM
I AGREE! I AGREE!

I printed a layout .. just one .. just to see. And WOWEE WOW WOW WOWSERS! It is so amazing to see full size, up close and personal! The detail is even more realistic than I imagined it would be and the photographs printed exceptionally well. I am in the process of picking my favorite layouts to print as Christmas gift ... you HAVE TO TRY!!!!

Maisie
12-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Me too! I printed one layout, and it was so gorgeous!
Deb and Holly do an excellent job!

charliesnana
12-03-2007, 04:24 PM
My daughter and I do this digiscrapping together. (Fun to have a scrapping buddy next door.) We showed our book to a friend of hers that does the real live scrapping. She was very impressed. She kept trying to feel the texture. Made us feel good. She has a room full of scrapping stuff and ours is all organized right here on the computer and there is no clean up when we get done. Love it.

Definitely print your layouts.

ScrapShana
12-03-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm SOOO jealous of you Theresa!!!!!!
I've printed an 8x8 album on my own printer, but haven't had the luxury of having any 12x12 prints done.
That would make a great Christmas present. Must tell my family. ;)

emst
12-03-2007, 06:21 PM
I never printed anything out either until last week. I decided to send each of the couples that was on the trip to Myrtle Beach the layout that I did for each of them and a print of the group photos, even the 8x8's came out great. Now I'm getting emails from them saying they can't believe how real everything looks. I was even impressed.

KattyZak
12-03-2007, 06:26 PM
I have had about 12 done and I loved them so much. I know on one the picture was so big of my DD's head...lol. I have so many more to do but the cost is keeping them on my computer for awhile longer.

anitastreet
12-03-2007, 07:17 PM
I can't beleive you never had anything printed before! well, I believe you but you know what I mean :) yes, prints are awesome...I had some done earlier this year and the girls love flipping through the scrapbook...right now I'm torn between doing a shutterfly book or sticking with just printing pages and slipping them into traditional page holders in a regular scrapbook....

are the prints from here glossy or matte? I haven't checked into it...with the sale right now it's the perfect time to get some printed....and I wonder about the double sided prints? anyone try that option yet? I'd love to hear from you if you did....although I don't scrap in order so that might not be a good option for me...hmmm...

twirlyjoy
12-03-2007, 11:38 PM
I agree - I usually print mine at 8x8 on my own printer, but took the plunge a few months ago and had some printed here at 12x12 - they are fab!!!! I love having them that size (and it was cheaper for me to get them done by gds and have them shipped here than it is to get them done here!!!)

HollyS
12-04-2007, 04:04 AM
I can't beleive you never had anything printed before! well, I believe you but you know what I mean :) yes, prints are awesome...I had some done earlier this year and the girls love flipping through the scrapbook...right now I'm torn between doing a shutterfly book or sticking with just printing pages and slipping them into traditional page holders in a regular scrapbook....

are the prints from here glossy or matte? I haven't checked into it...with the sale right now it's the perfect time to get some printed....and I wonder about the double sided prints? anyone try that option yet? I'd love to hear from you if you did....although I don't scrap in order so that might not be a good option for me...hmmm...

Hi Anita, you can choose between matte or satin. Matte is like real scrapbook paper and satin is like photo paper. Most everyone prefers matte but we've had a few print in satin. Not one person we've talked to has been unsatisifed with their prints. Printing on double-side has it benefits when are putting together a book because it's less bulk. Deb swears by it! I on the other hand am like you and don't scrap in order and would print single-sided. I have some layouts that kind of go together and so I get them printed on two sides. I believe Theresa had her printed that way too :)

tborntreger
12-04-2007, 06:49 AM
I had mine printed in matte finish and one in satin so I could see the difference and I must say both are absolutely perfect! I also printed most of mine as double sided since i had a few in sequence. I scrap horribly out of order so that was a bonus to have a few in sequence that I could print double sided. I had a couple I wanted printed that would be a 2 page spread but didn't have anything else in sequence w/ these layouts so I had them printed single sided. If you scrap out of order the best thing to do is single sided. However if you have a few in sequence double sided printing is a huge space saver.....The key is to make sure you upload them in the correct order that you would want them to appear in your album! (Very easy to do on the order form)

I have decided that I may try to allow myself 5 bucks a week just for me and if I can keep up w/ that in a few weeks I can have a few more printed! I am just so impressed w/ the quality of GDS's printing service and again want to reiterate how amazing it is to hold these works of art in your hands. For me it made me realize what a gift I would be giving to my children. It's just so different and in a very very good way to be able to hold these prints and see your work up close. My family never understands just what I mean when I say I'm a digital scrapbooker and definately don't understand when I say I'm a designer....so I can't wait until I go home for the holidays and I show them my prints! I hope they get it then!!

Angel2712
12-05-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm printing my Lo's too.... And I'm always wondering how great they look, when you get them!!!!! :wink: