PDA

View Full Version : I won't be making this book

BobbieB
12-02-2007, 02:42 PM
viovio is entirelly to confusing tho the price works. I mean I don't understand nothing on this site about thei size this size etc etc etc etc

Everything else is almost too much for me to afford
my psp keeps crashing and I don't know photoshop enough to use it
even tho I know it handles the larger images really well. I mean I can't even
find the deform tool in Photoshop.

So there's no way I can do this book. I am so disappointed. and I so don't want to explain to my fiance's brother who has spent the last week hunting images down for me why he did it for nothing.

Im starting to think Scrapbooking in general just isn't for me cause I can't do anything right without using templates.

I've got a headache and I guess I need to start coming up with an entire nother christmas pressie for her since I can't find anyone whose used viovio to help me cause I've never met anyone who'se made book muchless a scrapbook

mosser77
12-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Sorry you're having troubles! I made a scrapbook for my DH's grandparents' 60th anniversary. I just made the pages 8x8 so I could print them myself and stuck them in a regular scrapbook with the sheet protectors. I know the bound books look a lot nicer, but I bet she would be just as pleased if you did something like this. And don't feel bad about using templates...they are great time savers!

Coolscrapbook
12-02-2007, 04:07 PM
I agree with Erin on this, it must be time consuming to use templates that are mostly squares at 12x12 and transforming them into other sizes like 8.5x11 for viovio. My suggestion, if I may, if you still want take a whirl at it, is use the templates you have hopefully they are mostly 12x12 (of course I may be wrong!), and use www.shutterfly.com to print your book, they currently have the fabulous square book sizes: 12x12, 8x8 etc..

Just a suggestion. So that way, all you have to do is reduce your page size for the book. I don't know. Sounds like a fabulous gift, it would be a shame to let the idea go to waste.

Addie

BobbieB
12-02-2007, 05:56 PM
actually I thought about that after I posted. I can't print my own since I don't have a printer yet.

So doing 12 by 12 I figure it would resize really well. or hell even jsut 12 by 12 period.
I wish i knew photoshop tho because psp don't like big graphics.
and all my templates are 8.5 by 11 atm lmao

mosser77
12-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Good! Then you can have them printed at GDS - they're even on sale!!

ABitDaffy
12-03-2007, 01:44 AM
Kaela, what version of PSP are you using? It should be able to handle pretty big files - I use it and some of my files are like ummmm 185 mb and use a whole, whole lot of RAM (I love layers :laugh:). If you're using PSP XI or PSP X2 and it's running slow or crashing, are you using the browser/organizer? You may need to turn it off or stop it from searching all of your picture files. If that's your problem and you need more help, let me know...

ABitDaffy
12-03-2007, 01:45 AM
oh, and if you're using templates, if they're in .psd format, are you saving them to .pspimage format first? Sometimes, that will help your system run faster. And how are you filling the layers of your templates? are you using the Flood Fill method or the Float/Invert/Delete method?

HollyS
12-03-2007, 02:14 AM
Often if you've received free templates from Andrea (who hasn't, eh), she's always included rectangle and square versions :)

BobbieB
12-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Kaela, what version of PSP are you using? It should be able to handle pretty big files - I use it and some of my files are like ummmm 185 mb and use a whole, whole lot of RAM (I love layers :laugh:). If you're using PSP XI or PSP X2 and it's running slow or crashing, are you using the browser/organizer? You may need to turn it off or stop it from searching all of your picture files. If that's your problem and you need more help, let me know...

I have two versions 9 and X2. I'm not altogether sure if its psp or my pc that don't like them I assumed is was psp because Photoshop doens't lag or crash with 12 x 12 images.

I don't use the browser/organizer for my scrapkits as its set for stuff for work lol so that can't be it. Yes I change them all to .psp first.

and I don't actually use the templates. Well lets see if I can explain. I know this will sound complicated but what I do is open another blank psp file that is the same size as the template. Then I add the elements to it. like I'll take whatever im working on from the template. copy/paste it over to the blank one.. do what I need then delete it. Yeah I know time consuming but it beats having 30 layers on an image for me. if that makes sense

and yes I nabbed some of Andreas Templates some of them are strictly 8.5 x 11 tho that's how I bought them because smart me was going to make that size book lol but i got plenty freebie 12 x 12 running around so ima hit those today.

ohh and on the off chance its my pc cause the lag crash issues. Sometimes this week the Motherboard and procesor I just ordered will be in and I'm upgrading to about 4 gigs or ram friday. So that should erase my problems slightly lol

Thanks for all the suggestions and help ladies. GSD Rocks!