PDA

View Full Version : I noticed about the challenges

BobbieB
11-30-2007, 01:23 AM
that it seems like most are inactive now.

Will they ever be started again. Since I am not starting school in January anymore I will have more time to play after the holidays. Which is supposed to bring me a new did camera to use woohooo

ScrappinBikerChick
11-30-2007, 05:03 AM
I am sorry that you feel that most of the challenges are inactive. The designers here on the site, along with some of the moderators and the ST spend a great deal of time and energy is coordinating the challenges.

You are correct, there are some challenges that are no longer being run due to lack of participation, but some are only run once a month, some are run on specific days, and some have been converted to chats.

I am sure you can find plenty to keep you busy, along with some truly amazing posting bonuses.

If there is a challenge you would like to see restarted, please let us know.

Mom_of_5
11-30-2007, 05:17 AM
OK, so on that note, what happened to the theme challenge?

ABitDaffy
11-30-2007, 05:53 AM
I was just thinking that there are so many challenges that I'd never be able to complete them all! :laugh: I was relieved to see that a couple that I really want to do spill over into December, so maybe I'll get at least some of them done! And, I'll second Jessica's comment that the participation freebies are awesome! The designers here are very, very generous with their participation bonuses!

I run the photography challenge and if that's one of the ones that you're thinking is inactive, it's true I haven't posted a new one since the end of October. I've been really, really busy getting my Paint Shop Pro classes up and running and working on developing a photography class, too, and I've somewhat neglected my challenge, mostly because it takes me forever to make my participation freebies! But, if that's one that anyone is looking for, it will be back in December! And if any one has missed it (which I highly doubt :laugh:), I apologize!

inge
11-30-2007, 06:11 AM
I can understand both of the comments...There have been more challenges but there are some new ones too. And I can hardly imagine how much work is getting into them...And therefore I'm very gratefull to all you great designers and hosts. So THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !

I'd like the lyrical challenge to come back ! I really liked that one...but I always enjoyed the recipe challenge to...even if sometimes it took me hours to translate LOL !

emst
11-30-2007, 06:58 AM
I for one now host two challenges, one done monthly and one that is done twice a month. I'm not a designer so I have to ask a designer if they would contribute a mini kit for a posting bonus. They already have a lot of work to do designing their kits to post in the store and with them also hosting challenges themselves they stay very busy. So to me it's a plus that they so graciously work with us moderators in making those kits for our challenges as well as their own.
I see that you posted two layouts this month, one being the GDS Collab Challenge and the other the Sketch Challenge. You might want to check out the numerous other ones that are listed, I'm sure you could find a few more to do that are already active and some aren't due until December. The only way to keep the challenges going is to have a good participation in them.

anitastreet
11-30-2007, 09:38 AM
The favorite challenges for me are pretty much updated regularly...they are the once a month Queen of the Crop, the biweekly Lunch Crunch, Color Challenge, Progressive Challenge

I also like the Technique Challenge but just haven't had time for it this month. I may try to sneak one in before the end of the day :)

And the brag book and QP exchanges are fun. And the sketch challenge and Ad challenge.....

Actually I was thinking there are more then I can finish! The designers here are very genourous too with their participation freebies!

BobbieB
11-30-2007, 10:07 AM
I didn't mean it like that ladies. to sound rude or nothing.
I just meant the ones that haven't been ran since like before sept or so.
tho I assume those are theones ya'll mean lack of participation.

Sorry if I made that come off sounding bad

BobbieB
11-30-2007, 10:10 AM
and yes I haven't only done 2 for Nov. but Nov and December equal a lot of traveling time for me since I'm 2 states away from home.

There's none I particular want to do more then the other tho I love the template/sketh contest since I suck at making my own layout lmao.

It was just curiosity

Andrea
11-30-2007, 12:22 PM
We're just shaking things up a little! There are some new challenges...more variety instead of the same old stuff. :wink:

twirlyjoy
11-30-2007, 01:27 PM
I'd like the lyrical challenge to come back ! I really liked that one...

Am really sorry, but that is one of the challenges that was stopped as well as the scraplift and the ad/art inspiration challenge :(

ScrapShana
11-30-2007, 08:03 PM
I'd really like to see the lyrical and scraplift return...
As a die hard challenge fanatic, I LOVE them all and try to squeeze in as many as possible. The bonuses are always worth the effort, and great motivators as well. Thanks to all those who host and provide prizes for us!!!!!

kel3120
11-30-2007, 10:52 PM
I also love doing as many challenges as I can. It helps me to scrap things that I might not normally do, and I am always learning from them as well. I agree that the posting bonuses are so generous at this site. I was so bummed since I missed out on a lot of challenges this month... I have some sort of virus on my computer that is locking things up on me, but I just can't get rid of it. I'm hoping to spend the weekend fixing it, and maybe get a start on the December challenges!