PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! I am sick......

amyleigh1204
11-27-2007, 06:28 PM
My PS program is dead!!!!!!!! Well, not completely, but there are tons of things missing!!! Brushes, Styles, patterns, textures, effects, etc. all missing!!!!! They are in the folders, but there is something terribly wrong with my program!!! I re-installing now..so, please, keep your fingers crossed!!

anitastreet
11-27-2007, 06:38 PM
oh Amy..how horrible..hope you can retrieve it all! fingers crossed!

gigichet
11-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Oh Amy I have got my fingers crossed for you...and I hope that you find all of your goodies.

Coolscrapbook
11-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Did you get any of it back?

emst
11-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Oh Amy how awful. I had recently moved a ton of my stuff to an external drive and wanted my husband to put everything on CD's for me. Well in came in and got the external drive to do just that and on his way out to his computer to do it he dropped the drive, lost everything on it, the inside was destroyed from the drop, we were both sick over it. Thankfully he had backed everything up on his computer a few days before so we were able to get most of it. Once you get your program working do a search on your computer, you may find most of it there still on the hard drive. That was something else that happened to me not so long ago too. Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

amyleigh1204
11-27-2007, 09:29 PM
I actually did not lose any of my "stuff". The program would just not recognize any of my add-ins, or even simple things like the pre-installed layer styles (drop shadows, bevels, etc.) So, I dl'ed the free trial of PSE 6 and everything is working. I re-installed PSE 5 3 times, from the Adobe site, no luck with that....Oh, well, no time to upgrade like the present!

Helen
11-27-2007, 09:59 PM
OMG - I am so glad that you were able to get it all back with PSE 6.0 upgrade.
I just got back on computer - and your message is the first one I am reading - I am so happy for you. I hope your blood pressure has returned to normal again now that you have know all is not lost.

Doing the happy dance for you!!!!!!!!!!

emst
11-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Amy I am so glad to hear that you didn't lose your stuff. I bet you are so relieved, I know
I am for you. Now I can to the happy dance for you too along with Helen!!:vb_chirolp_iei:

Mom_of_5
11-28-2007, 12:06 PM
So, now that you should be much better knowing that you didn't lose anything -- How do you like PSE6? I've been wondering if I should upgrade from 5...

gigichet
11-28-2007, 01:29 PM
I actually did not lose any of my "stuff". The program would just not recognize any of my add-ins, or even simple things like the pre-installed layer styles (drop shadows, bevels, etc.) So, I dl'ed the free trial of PSE 6 and everything is working. I re-installed PSE 5 3 times, from the Adobe site, no luck with that....Oh, well, no time to upgrade like the present!

WOW...that was lucky that you didn't loose anything...you must be very relieved. How is 6.0 different then 5.0 is?

amyleigh1204
11-28-2007, 01:40 PM
IMHO--without having really used it--I don't like the looks of it! I certainly do not like the dark grey screen--things are hard to see. I do like the looks of the buttons and icons, but they did take some things away that they had added in on 5. I will let you know more, as I go!

amyleigh1204
11-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Oh--and, thank goodness I had made backup files of all of my add-ins......just last week!!

Andrea
11-28-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm having a similar problem with my CS2 since I did the last automatic update on it. It won't remember any of my preferences. I keep having to reset my rulers back to inches and also my scratch disks back to the correct drives! If this is Adobe's way of forcing people to upgrade, it stinks! :)

crops2dawn
11-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Happy to hear you got everything back Amy... I have a similiar problem with PSE6, for some reason it will not open my styles folder, says it cannot be found,:hairpull: now how can that be, I see them in the program, I have tried to do a systems restore twice, still no good... I guess I am going to have to reinstall... but I do have a question... should I uninstall it first or just leave it as is?? This has never happened before.

amyleigh1204
11-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Happy to hear you got everything back Amy... I have a similiar problem with PSE6, for some reason it will not open my styles folder, says it cannot be found,:hairpull: now how can that be, I see them in the program, I have tried to do a systems restore twice, still no good... I guess I am going to have to reinstall... but I do have a question... should I uninstall it first or just leave it as is?? This has never happened before.

I really don't know what would be best! I did it both ways and neither worked for me. I got the trial version of PSE6 installed it and then decided to just go ahead and bite the bullet......and upgrade to PSCS3! Yes, I took the plunge! It will take some getting used to, and I will probably keep using my PSE program (at least for a while), even if I have to go back to ground zero and just re-install version 4. But, I was so proud of myself for making my photo Christmas cards with PSCS. It is not a HUGE accomplishment, but it is a start!

emst
11-30-2007, 05:40 AM
Your Christmas card looks great Amy, such cute boys. I took the plunge and went from PSE4.0 straight up to the PSCS3 extended. At first I wanted to keep going back to PSE4.0 so I was going back and forth. Since I'm taking Andrea's class I have stayed with the PSCS3 so I've gotten more used to it and I like it, it has so many great features in it. My husband got the program for me and got the extended because he wants to play with the video part of the program.

gigichet
11-30-2007, 05:59 AM
Thank you for the info...looks like avoiding 6.0 is the way to go. I am just starting to get familiar with my 5.0 thanks to you and the classes and I don't want to rock the boat...so I will just stay right where I am and be happy with it. Thank you for the info...

Oh and I am with Elaine...your Christmas cards looks great.