PDA

View Full Version : I broke my leg!

anitastreet
11-26-2007, 03:07 PM
yup...what they thought was a severe sprain yesterday is actually a fracture!

I was in the ER last night after tumbling off the last step of the front porch. Today the ER doc called me back and after my xrays were reviewed by the radiologist they feel I have a fracture. ... the old fracture is what confused the doc last night...looks like I broke it in the same place as I did 26 years ago! I knew it was more then a sprain..my ankle swelled up with a lump the size of a lemon! I'm on crutches and in an aircast .. will call the orthopaedic tomorrow for followup....sigh..just in time for Christmas! I just hope I can get a walking cast as the crutches are so hard for me to use! Not sure how many challenges I'll get done this week...I'm taking vicodin for pain and it makes me pretty groggy..(will take my next dose once I get the kids to be..hubby had an important meeting tonight!) thankfully hubby stayed home today and will take the next couple days off with me...after that I don't know what I'll do!

tborntreger
11-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Oh no Anita. That sounds so painful. I'm glad your husband was/is able to help you out at home for the next couple days. I hoping for a painfree and speedy recovery for you!

Maisie
11-26-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm so sorry you broke your leg.
I hope you heal quickly!

ABitDaffy
11-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh, Anita! That's awful - I hope you heal up very quickly.....And I for one would love to see what your layouts look like while you're on Vicodin :laugh:

Take care and let us know if there's anything we can do!

Coolscrapbook
11-26-2007, 03:22 PM
So sorry to hear! I hope you recover from this quickly, I can't imagine the pain your going thru. Hang in there.

Addie

amysum1
11-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Oh no!!! I am so sorry! Hang in there and eat lot's of icecream... icecream makes everything feel better. =0)

KattyZak
11-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Oh no. Man, I hope you will be able to get around. I remember one of the basketball mom's had a broken leg last Christmas and it really was hard with all the added activities and shopping. So, I am certainly feeling for you.

gigichet
11-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Oh Anita I am so sorry to hear that you broke your leg...thank God that your hubby can be home to help take care of you for the next few days and help you out with the kids. I am hoping that you have a speedy recovery and please take care of yourself...{{{{{hugs}}}}} to you.

emst
11-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Oh no Anita, and of all times of the year with so much going on. I do hope that you will be up and moving around with a walking cast, crutches can't be much fun or a broken leg for that matter. I too would love to see a layout by you on drugs.

mosser77
11-26-2007, 04:07 PM
And I for one would love to see what your layouts look like while you're on Vicodin :laugh:

hehe!!

So sorry, Anita! Sounds like you have a great support system, and I'm sure your girls will be happy to pamper you for a change! Take care of yourself!!

ScrapShana
11-26-2007, 04:12 PM
So sorry to hear about that, Anita. I hope you recover quickly, but while you're off your feet....milk it for all it's worth girl!!! LOL Not often do us women get to be waited on hand and foot. ;)

Helen
11-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Aw dang - right before the holidays too! HUGS!

I broke my ankle back in 1984 at a July 4th picnic volleyball game - 5 minutes after I got there - alcohol didn't make the pain go away - so after the ankle was swollen for about 6 hours, the gang finally took me to the hospital.
Was in a cast for 7 weeks and ankle supports afterwards. I REALLY DO empathize with your pain - been there done that - BUT BUT BUT - I didn't have any kids to take care of at the time and I didn't have Christmas holidays coming up.

I take vicodin for severe migraines - you get used to them after a while.
But when you first start taking them - they will wipe you out.

I bet your layouts on drugs would be OUT of this WORLD! and WAY out of the Box!

Hang in there - sounds like a re-break of a bone - and not new breaks - maybe this repeat one will heal faster - keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thank goodness you have a husband who can take care of you during this!

Please keep us posted - in between your naps (which I am sure will be frequent in the next few days while you are on meds).

HUGS and my deepest condolences - broken ankles are terrible!!!!!!!

Sexy__Eyes
11-26-2007, 05:37 PM
I too would like to see a layout done on Vicodin...hehe...speedy recovery Anita

HollyS
11-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Aw Anita........so sorry to hear that! I hope you get better fast!

Ps...too funny Liz!

lillypug34
11-26-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm so sorry Anita! Get well soon, and take lots of pics of your cast to scrap later!

Melody
11-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Oh! Take care of yourself! Maybe you're kids can help you play Cinderella. Ha ha. You could be the evil stepmother and they can be little Cinderellas. (Hmm, I might have to try that one myself.) I hope you get plenty of rest and start to heal quickly. Good luck over the holidays!

Mom_of_5
11-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Oh gracious! I'm so sorry! I hope you heal quickly!

babyofmine
11-26-2007, 09:58 PM
oooh, that stinks! sounds like you've got an upbeat attitude, though. :)
Vicodin made me pass out (took it when I broke my arm in 2 places), like clockwork, after 20 min....and I always woke up drooling. :laugh: hope you don't have that same problem. :D

twirlyjoy
11-26-2007, 10:41 PM
oh no - poor you! I agree with the ice cream being the best medicine theory! Last year, Lucie, my 7 year old broke her arm, and ice cream worked wonders for her!!!

ScrappinBikerChick
11-27-2007, 04:05 AM
hope you are able to heal quickly! glad your hubbie can help out for the next few days...i can't imagine.

QueenPamedalah
11-27-2007, 04:34 AM
AAAck! NO FUN!!! I hope you are able to find a little humor in every day so it isn't so bad! I have found when things like this happen, it's a way to make you slooooooooow down! Try to see it as an open ticket to watch Oprah everyday!! :)

Heal fast!
:balloons:

anitastreet
11-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the well wishes... I saw the ortho today...I have an acute fracture of the dorsal talus....a broken ankle! good news is I'm off crutches and in a fracture boot. They don't cast legs like they used to..thank goodness! I can take this off and take a bath and take it off and put the small aircast on for bedtime.

I recheck just before Christmas... more xrays to see how it's healing and how I'm doing....pain pills for nighttime (I just can't function during the day with them) Keeping foot elevated all this week..hubby is taking the rest of the week off and taking the kids back and forth to school :) He's worn out already and ready to go back to work for some rest! heehee....at least he has an idea of what my day is like with the kids! :)

emst
11-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Glad to hear that you don't have to use the crutches but it's still a bummer having the fracture. Stay off your foot and keep it elevated, do what the doctor tells you to do so it'll heal up fast.