PDA

View Full Version : Decorating...?

KattyZak
11-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Is the tree up? House trimmed? Outdoor lights strung?
We have the tree up with lights only and a whole bunch of boxes. Finding it hard to motivate to get it done. How about you?

tanyiadeskins
11-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Well we put our tree up and decorated it last night, and yesterday afternoon I wrapped about 10 things and those are under the tree now too! :) Then we put some decorations around the living room and stuff. I just love this time of year.

Antje
11-25-2007, 01:10 PM
We usually put our tree up at Christmas Eve here in Germany. But that is such a short time until you have to get the tree out of the house again, so we might put it up earlier this year - about 1 week earlier...
Decorations will be put up next week, I still have so much to do with my little sister marrying this Friday...

emst
11-25-2007, 02:45 PM
We will probably get the lights out sometime this week since the weather will be back in the 70's. I'm not sure when we'll do the tree, or I should say when my DH will put it up and then I'll decorate it.

HollyS
11-25-2007, 03:16 PM
We've got the majority of our house lights up and that's about it...except if you count one of my xmas village's that's up (it never made it packed up after last year...OOOOOOOOOOOOPS!) My DH has given me plenty of warnings that I HAVE to take that village down after xmas this year....LOL!

I still have my other village to put up and all the inside decorations. We probably won't do a tree until first or second week of christmas cuz I have a housefull of kittens!!!! Speaking of that........anyone want one? I think we can ship with holes in the box! <Just Kidding>

Coolscrapbook
11-25-2007, 03:26 PM
You guys are so funny! I am so wanting to decorate, and yet so unmotivated at the same time... My DH "bless his little heart" I have to hound him to put up the lights and hound him around to go with me to get the tree etc...he's a procastinator..last year we didn't get to it until a couple of days before x-mas...ugh.. Then, I have to hound him around for like weeks after x-mas to take the tree out and to please please take the lights off the house, cause I can't get up there. Sooooooooo, it's a bitter sweet every year. hee hee

I might have to find some helpers this time around to ease the pain..LOL

Addie

ScrapShana
11-25-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm unmotivated too. The weather is not cooperating....misting rain and cold the last several days. My youngest is dying to get the decorations up, but kids just don't realize how much WORK goes into all that pretty stuff. Maybe this week when the weather gets nicer. *fingers crossed* :)

tborntreger
11-25-2007, 04:45 PM
THe lights on the house are up and that's pretty much it. I was going to get the tree up today but I kind of lost the spirit for a bit. Once I get it back the tree is going up... I'm thinking sometime this week!

babyofmine
11-25-2007, 04:49 PM
uh...tree? um, yeah, sure! LOL
when I'm feeling better, I'll go looking for it in the garage, along with the decorations.

I just realized I have no idea where I'm going to put the tree. man, this house's design really stinks. ROFL

Sexy__Eyes
11-25-2007, 04:55 PM
I havent started yet but will so in the next few weeks. If I decorate too early I'm tired of it by Dec 23rd.

Maisie
11-25-2007, 05:52 PM
I am off tomorrow, so...
I hope to get the outside lights up tomorrow. I've asked DH about it, and he said maybe, which pretty much means NO! but if I drag the lights out. He'll do it. Then when I am off on Saturday, I'll put up the tree. Now this all probably wishful thinking on my part. lol

anitastreet
11-25-2007, 07:18 PM
we started to put the outside decorations up but half of them didn't work :( so we opted for yard cleanup..all those leaves! hubby filled the big wagon at least 6 times and dumped it..and this is after the girls and I did as much last week!.... but our evening ended up in the ER! I fell down the porch steps and twisted my ankle..horribley swollen.. I ended up with a welt the size of a lemon ...and a lot of pain....xrays don't show a break but I did aggravate an old fracture..I'm in an aircast and on crutches..with no weight bearing for at least 3 days and then follow up with my doc...

so the Christmas tree will have to wait for next weekend...and hubby will finish the outside decor on his own!

Coolscrapbook
11-25-2007, 07:26 PM
we started to put the outside decorations up but half of them didn't work :( so we opted for yard cleanup..all those leaves! hubby filled the big wagon at least 6 times and dumped it..and this is after the girls and I did as much last week!.... but our evening ended up in the ER! I fell down the porch steps and twisted my ankle..horribley swollen.. I ended up with a welt the size of a lemon ...and a lot of pain....xrays don't show a break but I did aggravate an old fracture..I'm in an aircast and on crutches..with no weight bearing for at least 3 days and then follow up with my doc...

so the Christmas tree will have to wait for next weekend...and hubby will finish the outside decor on his own!

I'm so sorry to hear about your injury. What a bummer, and right before the holidays too. I hope it gets better really soon.

Addie

twirlyjoy
11-25-2007, 11:31 PM
oh no Anita - thats not good at all - hope you are on the mend quickly!

As far as decorations go, it is usual over here to pout them up about half way into December, but as soon as my girls understood that in the US people put them up earlier, that's what happens here - we are usually the first in our area!!! They are asking for it to be done next weekend, but am hoping I can put them off till the weekend after!!!

inge
11-26-2007, 12:30 AM
Here no christmas untill Sinterklaas has been on the 6th of december. Now you all have thinking wrinkles...LOL I think it is only celebrated in Belgium and the Nederlands.

Sinterklaas is a Saint who comes every year on his birthday at night to give all the children (that have been good) presents and chocolate and a kind of gingerbread. He lives in Spain and has a white horse and walks on top of the roofs. He has a lot of helpers called "zwarte pieten", all black from climbing down the chimneys. In fact it's just mam and dad but that's the best kept secret among humans. Every year he arrives with a big show on his steamboat in the port of Antwerp (live on tele). Just great fun to see all this smiling faces... I'll find you a picture...

inge
11-26-2007, 12:42 AM
http://i18.tinypic.com/8a0t286.jpg

http://i4.tinypic.com/8dz7h37.jpg

Pahina722
11-26-2007, 07:58 AM
We were planning on getting the tree up the day after Thanksgiving--but ended up working on a toilet, replacing the 3-way switch on a lamp, and then attempting to chisel out the metal mailbox that is cemented into one of those brick stands. Notice I said attempting? It now looks as if someone set off a bomb inside the mailbox--but it's STILL cemented in there.

I'm guessing about Wednesday, we'll get the tree up.

KattyZak
11-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Oh, Anita, sorry to hear about your misfortune...hope you get the OK from the doctor.
Inge, thanks for sharing about the saint as never heard of that.

ScrappinBikerChick
11-26-2007, 08:49 AM
probably not going to do much decorating this year. too much transition, and we won't be home for christmas anyways...oh well. can't wait to see everyone else's :D