PDA

View Full Version : Who did What?

emst
11-25-2007, 05:31 AM
Okay who stayed home on black Friday and who hit the stores and the long lines?
I for one didn't even leave the house on Friday. I had planned on sleeping in at least until 7:00 but that didn't happen.
My daughter Karen who lives in Texas called me at 5:30 thinking I would be up just to ask me if I knew if Michelle would like a certain something.
Big sales going on with those digital frames right now and she was in the store (4:30 her time) and just had to get it if her sister would like it.
I said get it who wouldn't want to be able to download a ton of photos, and of course my layouts of Madeline, can't forget those.
So now I assume I will be getting one as well.
I plan on starting my shopping next week but it is so hard to get into the Christmas spirit to shop without all that white stuff
and I'm not saying that I miss it.
I never started my Christmas shopping in NY until the first snowfall and then I was out the door with my credit cards, telling
my DH I'd see him at sometime that night. I did do the Shop Til You Drop and then went home.

Everyone enjoy the rest of their Holiday Weekend.

MelindaH
11-25-2007, 05:41 AM
I had to work on Friday, so I didn't go shopping either. I did look at the ads, though ... my Canon Powershot A80 (which is considered ancient now, I'm sure) has been dropped a few times and so it really could use replacing ... I saw a newer version was on sale for $140 somewhere. Gosh, was I tempted! But, there was noone to watch the kids so I slept and then went to work. As it turned out, one of my coworkers was sick (no faking, for sure!) so we were short staffed in my department and I kept very busy and virtually forgot what day it was.

I haven't started shopping yet either. We've had some snow fly, but it hasn't stuck around. It does help get me in the spirit ... but so does Christmas music. I LOVE Christmas music. (But if I hear Santa Baby one more time, lol ....)

I think I'd like to get one of those digital photo frames. My kids LOVE seeing my layouts on our screensaver so it would be a similar thing! :)

~Melinda

Sexy__Eyes
11-25-2007, 05:53 AM
Oh I started my Christmas shopping on Black Friday...in my PJ's. I managed to get 1 gift on line. Didnt really look for any others yet...will do within the next few weeks.

lillypug34
11-25-2007, 06:12 AM
I am always determined to start my shopping early and be finished way before Christmas ... hasn't happened yet tho. Still trying to come up with some ideas ...

KattyZak
11-25-2007, 07:13 AM
Despite my DD wanting to go as early as Thurs. nite, we didn't go either. There really wasn't anything out there to warrant going out super early in the cold. The only thing I wanted was the digi camera with the photo viewer...that would have been cool
DD, and her friend, went to the mall Fri. night and got pics with Santa [no lines].
There's going to be minimal shopping this season as we are giving everyone logo wear from our business [boring, un] and I will come up with some digi/scrappin' things. And hard as it might be, I am going to try and do very little for my kids.
And I always buy throughout the year for my family's stocking stuffer exchange.

Mom_of_5
11-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Didn't see any tempting ads other than Staples...so Dad & I got up at 5:00 and only went there then DunkinDonuts to pick up breakfast for everyone and back home. Went shopping later to a local sewing/quilting store with my mom and back out with my mom & dad to Walmart later in the afternoon.

I got a 4G usb memory stick for $17 and a 400G internal hard drive to solve my 'space' issues, plus more DVD's for backups in addition to my EHD. Oh, and a really cool mini web cam that looks like something from a spy movie!

HollyS
11-25-2007, 08:08 AM
My DH got up at 3:30 and headed to Kohl's, Walmart, Target and Toyrsus and was back home in bed by 7:30....! Can you believe? He picked up a few good buys. I headed out when he got home and didn't really find much. I actually braved the mall only to find it not really busy at all...suprisingly! I think you just have to simply be in the spirit to get alot accomplished and I guess I'm not yet. I think I'm truly gonna do do more personal giving by making digiscrap type stuff for our family members. Hopefully I can get it all done though....hard to find time between family, job and here....but I'm gonna try!

tborntreger
11-25-2007, 09:43 AM
I didn't go stand in any lines b4 stores opened....and I slept in...but after I finally woke up at 7am I did go out and about until 1pm. We managed to get nearly all of our shopping done. ONly have to pick up a few more things for the extended family...I'll probably put that off to the last minute since I'm less excited about that. LOL I'm so glad my mom was able to watch the boys for us so we could get out and look around otherwise I'd be joining the world for Cyber Monday tomorrow!....and still might see if there are any online sales.

ScrapShana
11-25-2007, 03:26 PM
I went to the mall with my girls and mom late that afternoon...not to shop, but to just GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!! LOL Haven't done any gift buying yet. I used to be one of those people who had most of it done by the first of Sept. Not anymore! Well, there's still a few weeks. ;)

babyofmine
11-25-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm a total deal-shopping freak!! So it was almost too much that I was super-sick that day, but I HAD to get out of the house on Saturday night. I was so sick of being sick! And besides, it was my birthday. :laugh: I filled several gaps on my list, thanks to Target's sales, and stopped at CVS and Walgreens.

Does anyone else shop CVS??? I adore ECB's!! :love-smiley-011:

Maisie
11-25-2007, 05:02 PM
I had to work all weekend, so now sales for me.
Our family is not doing and exchanging of gifts this year, so just shopping for the grandchildren and my teenager should be pretty easy.
Jack and I are only exchanging stockings, and that's usually filled with necessary items.