PDA

View Full Version : So... How was your Turkey Day?

Debra
11-23-2007, 08:06 AM
It was pretty nice here... beautiful unusually warm day, quiet with very little stress...lol..except I couldn't find the mixer for the making of the mash potatoes and had to go out at the last minute in search of one :)

So, how was yours?

Helen
11-23-2007, 08:17 AM
My day was good. We went to our oldest daughter's for dinner and we had a great day with Sarah and Nathan, 2 of our 4 grandchildren. Sarah is 6 now and Nathan is 18 months old. Great food, some photos, and a relaxing day for me.

Got home very late, then watched 2 late movies - something we normally don't do. Then logged onto computer very very late to catch up on what had happened during the day.

Brought some leftovers home with me so I don't have to cook anything today - yay!

Hope everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving - had a great one yesterday.

KattyZak
11-23-2007, 08:29 AM
Ours was really good. Food was good. Company tolerable - jk, they were great.
Had a bit of stress after company left because DD was determined to go to Best Buy yet. She wanted to repeat what we did last year which was leave here at 3:00 and be in line at 3:30, store opened at 5:00. Silly me told her the real way to do it was to go at 9 or 11 the nite before...well, she bugged me all day and as soon as the company left, she started bringing out outdoor gear and games. About this time, my nephew drove by the new Best Buy we would go to and said the line was at least 20 with more coming...this was about 8:30/9. I said no way because the computer deals would be gone. She was so upset...omg. She really wanted the adventure of it. She kept saying I could be in the car or even go home, but she really wanted me there...but because of lines we didn't go at all but her friend came over and when I brought him home around midnight, it was a mere 9 degrees...can you imagine being outside for hours in those cold temps? Yikes. No fun. Might go to the mall way later, after basketball practice.

lillypug34
11-23-2007, 09:17 AM
We had a nice low-key Thanksgiving at home with the girls and my parents ... my husband LOVES to cook so he made dinner ~ lucky, lucky me!

amysum1
11-23-2007, 09:25 AM
I am proud to say I managed to feed 9 people successfully. We brought a big plate heaping full to my Dad (he is in ICU for now) and he loved it. I never cook, let alone for Thanksgiving, so I am very proud of myself today for that! The turkey was precooked from the grocery store, but still, I had to cook it for 2 hours and it was nice and juicy and delish! Yay me! LOL

As far as Dad goes, we *think* he may get moved out of ICU today and hopefully home by Monday... Fingers crossed!!!!

ABitDaffy
11-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Ours was good! Steve's (DH) family came to our house - he's the youngest of 7 so we had a houseful! Steve did the turkey, I did dessert and a couple of appetizers and sides and everyone else brought at least one side dish - there was SO much delicious food! The girls had a ball! Everyone was gone by 3:30, the house was cleaned by 3:45 (thanks to my sisters-in-law doing up the dishes before they left) and both my kiddos sacked out for naps by 4:00. I actually got to sit down for some uninterrupted, guilt-free scrapping! All in all, a wonderful day!

Amy, I'm so glad to hear that your father may be home by Monday!

emst
11-23-2007, 12:17 PM
I am proud to say I managed to feed 9 people successfully. We brought a big plate heaping full to my Dad (he is in ICU for now) and he loved it. I never cook, let alone for Thanksgiving, so I am very proud of myself today for that! The turkey was precooked from the grocery store, but still, I had to cook it for 2 hours and it was nice and juicy and delish! Yay me! LOL

As far as Dad goes, we *think* he may get moved out of ICU today and hopefully home by Monday... Fingers crossed!!!!

Glad to see that your dad is doing better Amy. I'll do more praying for him that he gets to go home by Monday.

charliesnana
11-23-2007, 01:12 PM
The weather turned right chilly for south central Texas. It was in the 80s on Wednesday and Thanksgiving Day it did not get above 60 and the wind was blowing.

Our daughter, son-in-law and grandson ate with us. They live next door. She did the turkey and pie and I did the rest. Well, we both had help from our little helper.

I have a little show and tell for how our Thanksgiving Day went http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=15990&ppuser=7574

anitastreet
11-23-2007, 07:32 PM
ours was nice and quiet...just the 4 of us..and the first we've had Thanksgiving at our house in 10 years..so the first with the girls here at home.....Katie made the stuffing...so proud of her...chopped and diced all the onions and celery (I have a mine chopper, like a food processor but hand operated..so safe for her)...she helped me prep the turkey with herbs....both girls made a lemon pie for dad... it was a nice day...and today we ALL went shopping...Gary took the kids one direction and I headed the other direction...a quick dinner out and then we went to the movies (Enchanted...really cute)...