PDA

View Full Version : Prayers are needed

emst
11-21-2007, 02:10 PM
On Friday there will be a vote in regards to adoptions from Guatemala. As some of you know my daughter and son-in-law (Madeline's mom and dad) are in the process of adobting a baby girl from there. They always said that if they had another child they wanted to adopt to add to their family. They started the process this past February and Kimberly was born in April. Part of this vote is in the hopes that they will grandfather in any adoptions that are in the processing stage. So many hold-ups with paper work and DNA testings have delayed their adoption process. As it stands now if everything keeps going at this rate they should have all paper work completed by the second week of January. Unfortuately if they don't pass the law to grandfather in the adoptions that are already in process they will miss the December 31st deadline. They then won't know if or when they will get her. It's so hard to be patient, seeing her photos and loving her already and not being able to hold her. There are over 3,000 babies that are now in the process of being adobted from there. So I'm asking that you pray not only for Kimberly but for all the babies in Guatemala that are waiting for their new families.
Thank you
Elaine

ScrapShana
11-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Oh my, I can imagine how you all must feel. That's so scary to come so close and then be faced with the fear of losing her. I will definately pray for your DD and her DH as well as the other families in the same situation. Please keep us imformed of how the situation progresses.

God Bless

Helen
11-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Hugs and prayers are with you and your family.

gigichet
11-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Prayers are going up right now for all to work out well...I can only imagine the pain and worrying that this is putting all of you through and it is so unnecessary. {{{{{hugs}}}}} and prayers to you and yours.

Sexy__Eyes
11-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Oh Elaine my heart and my prayers go out to you and your family. Let's all hope it does. There are too many orphaned children that need to be adopted and its so hard to adopt without other obsticles comming up.

KattyZak
11-21-2007, 03:49 PM
I just caught a bit of this on the news the other night. Definitely will be praying that the ones in process will be pushed through, can't imagine otherwise.

anitastreet
11-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Will keep your family and all the pending adoptions in our prayers and thoughts...

who is voting? anything the adoption community in general can do to help? I remember becoming politically active for the first time in my life when we were adopting Katie..and I was one of the thousands petitioning our government for what eventually became the Child Citizenship Act of 2000...

(((Hugs to your family)))

emst
11-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Will keep your family and all the pending adoptions in our prayers and thoughts...

who is voting? anything the adoption community in general can do to help? I remember becoming politically active for the first time in my life when we were adopting Katie..and I was one of the thousands petitioning our government for what eventually became the Child Citizenship Act of 2000...

(((Hugs to your family)))

This vote is being done on Friday by the government in Guatemala. There has already been a lot of support for the families in the adoption process by Senators and Congressmen/women. They have signed petitions asking that the Guatemala Government grandfather these pending adoptions in. Now all any of the adopting parents can do is wait until the vote. Michelle and Todd are in a adoption group now and are getting a ton of support from the moms and dads in that.
Thanks to all of you for your prayers.
Elaine

lillypug34
11-21-2007, 04:49 PM
Thinking and praying for you and your family Elaine ~ I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster you all are on, have faith things will work out for the best!

twirlyjoy
11-21-2007, 10:42 PM
I can't imagine what it must be like for those going through the stress and worry. Will be praying for everyone concerned.

inge
11-21-2007, 11:18 PM
That is something I would love to pray for !

emst
11-22-2007, 04:11 AM
Thank you everyone for your prayers. As soon as we hear how the vote went I'll let everyone know.

Debra
11-22-2007, 05:19 AM
Will definitely be praying for all to go well for all of those in this situation. Elaine, you must be so proud of Michelle and Todd. Hoping and praying for a happy ending and the vote going thier way on Friday.

amysum1
11-22-2007, 09:56 AM
I have your family in my prayers...my heart goes out to all of you.

crops2dawn
11-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Ohhh Elaine, I got my fingers and toes crossed for them! I will also send them all my prayers, I know how much they want this little girl. You all must be going crazy with the waiting!!! I pray it all works out for all the children there!

MaggieMae
11-23-2007, 08:58 PM
So many prayers for you and the baby and all the babies!! Will be anxious to hear how it goes.

emst
11-24-2007, 05:19 AM
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We still don't know how the vote went yesterday. We have even been checking the CNN news online but nothing new there and no news from the adoption agency yet either. I have a feeling that nobody will know anything until at least Monday when offices in the US open again. So here all these families sit on pins and needles waiting, hard to do but no choice in the matter.

Debra
11-24-2007, 06:03 AM
Thanks for the update :)

Sure hope you hear something soon. My heart goes out to you all.

MelindaH
11-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Good luck, Elaine ... I hope it works out for all of those in the adoption process right now. (((HUGS!)))

HollyS
11-24-2007, 04:09 PM
I often think about adopting a little girl so I can imagine how you anxious you all are! I've been praying that you all do in fact hear something Monday and overall it works out!

emst
11-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Everyone that is adopting from Guatemala is still in limbo. The vote has been delayed and a date has not been given as to when they will vote on the laws pertaining to adoptions. So all of the adopting families are sitting and praying that their adoptions are final by December 31st in case there should be a vote before then and grandfathering isn't included. Todd said that as theirs stands right now their date is for the 2nd week of January. So we are all still praying that they will grandfather in all of the adoptions that are in progress or there is some fast paperwork that gets the adoptions finalized before the 31st of December.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Debra
11-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Oh wow.. geez, you all must be in agony trying to cope with this... will keep you in my prayers and lets hope they can speed up the adoption and maybe have your little bundle home before they make that vote :)

Hugs!

Maisie
11-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Saying a quick and heartfelt prayer right now!