PDA

View Full Version : Doing the happy dance!

HollyS
11-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Ok, it's bittersweet but today was the last day of Fall Ball (the fall season of baseball). All three of our boys were in and on separate teams plus my hubby was a coach. So needless to say, baseball has consumed our lives for the past couple of months. Usually 4 or 5 days out of the week we were up at the ball field. And even though it was tough to keep that schedule, keep up with school stuff and figure out what the heck to eat for dinner, I wouldn't trade it in for anything...

Lots of firsts this year...

Jackie started tball and got his first hit and got his first run around the bases.
Theo was a catcher.
Theo got his first hit (and many others) off a pitching machine.
Sean got his first hit from a real live kid pitching to him.

We made some great friends and the kids had such a ball with each other on and off the field.

But now we can breath and get ready for the holidays and 5 birthdays between thanksgiving and christmas!!! EEEEEK!

tborntreger
11-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Oh my Holly you've been busy and now all these birthdays on top of the holidays!! Praying for you! I'm trying to make baseball players out of my boys. So far they are loving it and this summer we taught the twins (3) how to hit not just off the stand but also from pitches that either me or Levi threw. I hope they still love it next summer!! (especially b/c they're getting some baseball things for Christmas.

Baseball and softball are my sports of choice!!!

ScrapShana
11-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Oh my goodness!!! From sports to birthdays!! You are one busy mom. Congratulations on all the firsts, and good luck in the next month!

Andrea
11-17-2007, 08:01 PM
I felt that way about soccer and we finally had to take a season off! lol!

KattyZak
11-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Ahhh...sports.
We had a small break in Oct. that I loved. But we are back in full swing with DS on the middle school wrestling team [1st match this week and he pinned his guy] and DD in 9th grade basketball. Nuts.
Congrats to your boys, Holly.

Debra
11-18-2007, 03:54 AM
Dance Away!! Hannah finished her fall soccer last Saturday and I'm dancing right along with you!! :party1:

(lol..it's just a little break anyways - they'll be right back at it for the next sport in no time :))

gigichet
11-18-2007, 05:05 AM
Dance Away!! Hannah finished her fall soccer last Saturday and I'm dancing right along with you!! :party1:

(lol..it's just a little break anyways - they'll be right back at it for the next sport in no time :))

haha...that is what I was thinking...dance while you can I am sure that there is another sport just around the corner. Be thankful that you just have Hannah to cart around poor Holly has to go in three different directions with her boys.

lillypug34
11-18-2007, 05:13 AM
Sounds like so much fun! I was never much into sports as a kid, so I'll be really excited if either or both of my girls are little athletes! I would love to watch them play baseball or soccer ... we went to some local little league games this year just for the heck of it and had a blast!!

Debra
11-18-2007, 05:51 AM
haha...that is what I was thinking...dance while you can I am sure that there is another sport just around the corner. Be thankful that you just have Hannah to cart around poor Holly has to go in three different directions with her boys.

So True... I remember doing it with my boys both playing football and it was overwhelming, especially carting Kristin around to all of them... Poor all of you who are running with more than one munchkin! You have my utmost sympathy!:3:

Debra
11-18-2007, 05:55 AM
Sounds like so much fun! I was never much into sports as a kid, so I'll be really excited if either or both of my girls are little athletes! I would love to watch them play baseball or soccer ... we went to some local little league games this year just for the heck of it and had a blast!!

Beckie.. Hannah's been in Dance for 3 years, gymnastics, swimming lessons, indoor soccer, t-ball, piano, fall soccer, tumbling and summer soccer camp... believe me, you'll have a blast!!

babyofmine
11-18-2007, 02:29 PM
holy cow! that's some happy dance. :laugh: good luck on all the holiday and birthday celebrations!