PDA

View Full Version : Cool weather!

amyleigh1204
11-16-2007, 08:50 AM
it is getting cold, finally!!!! We may actually have a cool Thanksgiving! I am so excited! You know we don't get snow in Texas that much, at least my part of Texas, so just cool weather is awesome! Now we will have the obligatory ice storm at some point this winter, ick!! I love fall and it just doesn't last long where I live.....

HollyS
11-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Yes it has been chilly (by our standards) overnight here down in south florida but it never last long. We bundled up this morning for baseball only to shed all extra layers and end up sweating by lunch time! Oh the joy!

charliesnana
11-17-2007, 01:56 PM
It is mild here in my part of Texas. It looks like we will be able to keep the house open for Thanksgiving. Nice not to have to run the a/c. Fall is nice, but I think spring is really my favorite time of the year.

Antje
11-17-2007, 02:59 PM
It's getting colder and colder here - we had our first snow yesterday, but it didn't stay.
But I like the cold, fall and winter - especially if it's not raining. Cold sunny days - love that! If we at least could have some snow this year, that would just be wonderful! I want to sleigh-ride with my kids, build snowmen and throw snowballs... - and all the good stuff! And then hurry inside where it's warm and cozy, have a hot chocolate and cuddle some!

bdjeepers
11-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Yes it has been chilly (by our standards) overnight here down in south florida but it never last long. We bundled up this morning for baseball only to shed all extra layers and end up sweating by lunch time! Oh the joy!

Well, it's cold in Ocala - we're getting freeze warnings! I'm cold all the time so I'm wearing a fleece jacket all day, LOL! I knew we should have bought further south.....

amysum1
11-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Well, it's cold in Ocala - we're getting freeze warnings! I'm cold all the time so I'm wearing a fleece jacket all day, LOL! I knew we should have bought further south.....

Barbara, I'm near Ft. Lauderdale and even I am freezing! We actually have our heater on today even! First time its been on in a year...it stunk up the entire house for an hour.

I'll still take this over the 6 months of snow I endured every year living in Buffalo my whole life!

Maisie
11-17-2007, 05:06 PM
It's getting really cool here in Maryland, finally! lol
It's 39 now, and we may get some snow showers later.
I love the cooler weather.

emst
11-17-2007, 07:58 PM
I for one do not like the cold weather. I grew up in Rome NY and moved to Ithaca NY when I got married. For 54 years I had to endure the below freezing weather in the winters and I don't miss it at all. Now after living in NC for the past 5 1/2 years I have gotten where I'm cold if it gets down to the 40's even if it is sunny. Thankfully we have very few days that it gets that cold. And the sun shines a lot more where we are now than it did in NY.

ScrapShana
11-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Here in MS, the weather can't seem to make up its mind. It will be cold one day (60ish) and then back up at 80 the next. Mornings are getting chilly, we even had a couple of light frosts. I wish so much it would snow this year. We haven't had one since 2001. Fall is beautiful, though. Spring has too many tornados and rain. Fall is just perfect. Sometimes. LOL!!!!

KattyZak
11-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Its cold here as to be expected in Minnesota. Pretty much in the 30's all day which is doable because I know it will get worse. Snow is in the forecast a lot this coming week. I just hope that like last year, the day after Thanksgiving, will be tolerable when I stand in the Best Buy line.
And I know its cold because being rural suburban we have a visitor. DS spotted him earlier this week...a mouse. Yikes. And we haven't caught the little bugger yet.

twirlyjoy
11-18-2007, 02:00 AM
Last week, it was really cold here - frosts and freezing fog etc, but it has warmed up loads over the weekend - although have had the rain to go with it! It just can't seem to make its mind up!

amyleigh1204
11-18-2007, 09:59 PM
False alarm! It's warm now! Dang it!!!!@#$@%$^#%$@^%W%$#%$@#%@
I was sweating after church today and putting up Christmas decorations!

charliesnana
11-19-2007, 03:59 AM
Three more days of warm days and then they are promising the temp to be in the 50s for Thanksgiving Day. Keeping my fingers crossed.