PDA

View Full Version : About PS and PSP :: Slight Discussion

BobbieB
11-15-2007, 03:20 PM
I have both of them PSP, 9, 10, 11 and 12.<--obviously its what I use most
but I also have PS CS

I hear that photoshop is better but that you should always go with what you know. Which for me is psp even tho I'm learning pPS slowly now because its got some features that psp doesn't.

So which do you think is better for making ScrapKits.
I realize everyone has thier own opinions, I'm just interested in hearing them.

Granted I know how to do the basics..Paper Tears, twist ribbons..folding ribbons kind of. , and papers naturally. I just really want to learn more. I figure If I start Digiscrapping once in awhile my fiance won't pitch a fit over the mess I have in the extra room with all my scrap stuff in there

Hope this was the right place to put this since I am not looking for help lol

Andrea
11-15-2007, 04:41 PM
I used PSP for a long time before switching and I was really resistant to switching, but I can say now without a doubt that Photoshop is better! I still use PSP occasionally. I love how you can fill with a rotated pattern you create. This is alot more difficult in PS. Other than that, Photoshop's capabilities far surpass PSP! :)

ABitDaffy
11-15-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm a Paint Shop Pro girl, all the way! :laugh: Honestly, though, I'll never be the designer that Andrea is and for the little bit of designing that I want to do (a few papers, some elements, some brushes), Paint Shop Pro handles it. Three things have kept me from heading into the world of Photoshop: 1)I've been using PSP forever (like 5+ years) and I'm comformtable with it 2)I really do love the photo editing tools that PSP has and I've got so many scripts (I love, love, love PSP's scripting tool - for a computer programmer like me, I love being able to write code and make my graphics program do what I want it to) written and presets saved that trying to move them to another application would be a bear :confused1: and 3)that PS price tag - YIKES!!! I could buy a new lens for my camera with that money.

Now, that's not to say that one day I won't switch, but for now, I'm sticking with PSP....

Andrea
11-15-2007, 06:12 PM
I must agree on the price!! Wow! If I hadn't gotten a free older version of Photoshop that allowed me to upgrade for cheap, I would have been in trouble!! :laugh:

I'm a Paint Shop Pro girl, all the way! :laugh: Honestly, though, I'll never be the designer that Andrea is and for the little bit of designing that I want to do (a few papers, some elements, some brushes), Paint Shop Pro handles it. Three things have kept me from heading into the world of Photoshop: 1)I've been using PSP forever (like 5+ years) and I'm comformtable with it 2)I really do love the photo editing tools that PSP has and I've got so many scripts (I love, love, love PSP's scripting tool - for a computer programmer like me, I love being able to write code and make my graphics program do what I want it to) written and presets saved that trying to move them to another application would be a bear :confused1: and 3)that PS price tag - YIKES!!! I could buy a new lens for my camera with that money.

Now, that's not to say that one day I won't switch, but for now, I'm sticking with PSP....

BobbieB
11-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Yep I've been stuck in psp since ohh PSP 6 or 7 so its been a long time.
I am comfy with it, and i know it well.

But PS has some good stuff I've noticed just by cracking it open.

So I use it for somethings and psp for most. Now I've just trying to decide which toreally start doing scrapkit making in lol