PDA

View Full Version : Public Response to ScrapDigital Dabbler

Helen
11-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi all...I just got back from being sick the last few days, and I get the following message sent to me from a GDS dabbler (1 post) ScrapDigital.

And they also posted it in the Nov Techniques challenge thread.

Here's the note I got.

Subject: Who are you trying to fool? Lovely window curtains...ROFL
It's easy with Rose's Frame Wrap PS Action, huh? ROFL

Here was my response:

Yes, you're right - I did use her action and it is credited in the TOU for it in the zip that will be going out.

And yes - it was easy - when I found her action that I then interpreted into the curtains. And her action is also credited in the TOU I have in the files I will be eventually uploading into the store.

I am not trying to fool anyone. If you have a question on this - post it in the forum. I never said I invented the fold - I just said I found something that would allow me to make the curtains. And I did -her action. It was a tool that let me design the curtains.

Helen

I made the curtains for the November Techniques Challenge. This is what I said: "have finally figure out a way to do one. I have taken a ribbon wrap and a fold and have combined them to make a curtain - a prime example of how you can turn digital stash into other treasures"

And that is what I did. I took 2 ribbon wraps from my digital stash (from an action) and merged them into a curtain. Actions and brushes and shapes are all Photoshop tools that produce digital items for you. When you combine them into something new - you have turned them into treasures.

Evidently the person who wrote the basic anonymous note to me does not understand how to intepret digital stash and turn them into different unique products.

Just wanted to publicly state that my note on the curtains stated that I had take ribbon wraps - which I had - and had turned them into something - -which I did. Obviously, all of my TOUS - and everyone who has them - can vouch that I provide extensive credits to everything I have used in the creation of my products. And the action that I used to create the ribbon wraps, which I then combined with papers that I used, would all be credited when the files are distributed.

So ScrapDigital - GDS Dabbler (with 1 post) - whoever you are, I have no problem going public in the forum with any of this. We are required to include credits for things we use in desiging in our product TOUS - if you check out freebies and challenges, you will notice that none of the credits are included in the posting of the challenges. However, they must be included in the TOUS that go along with anything distributed in zip files.

And yes the Techniques Challenge which I host provides tips and techniques on how to create things. The challenge was to take digital stash - such as buttons, brushes, brads, overlays, words, ribbons, words - and border the page. The posting gift for the challenge is a curtain that I have created with the tools I have - Photoshop actions, color palettes, shapes (for the windows), layering styles, and templates. All are credited in my TOUS and have always been. I do not provide credits in my threads.

That's it for me.

amysum1
11-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Helen, In my opinion, if you bought the action and made the item, it IS your creation! Your vision, you picked the color, size, and everything else. I have a fussy baby here, so I can't be more eloquent right now, but ignore the jealous people. There will always be a few. You are a fantastic designer and I love all of your wonderful creations. I'd say more but I am trying to edit my fighting irish tendancies and potty mouth! LOL!
Anyhow, I'd let it go... don't let anyone get you down!

mosser77
11-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Helen,
I hope you don't feel like you have to justify yourself to us!! We all know you are an honest and trustworthy person. Ditto what Amy said and keep up the good work!

alfenner
11-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Oh goodness! Well, you know you're fine, and that's all that counts :) Actually another thing that this person may not realize, not all action inventors (same for brushes and some commercial use items as well) require ANY credit (while others ask for credit in either the TOU or store listing).

Mom_of_5
11-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Helen, I think you are a wonderful designer. The curtains ARE your creation. I agree with all before me -- the person is just jealous! I say, Thank Goodness For Designers cuz I don't have to time to figure out stuff like that!

Keep up the good work, Helen!

Coolscrapbook
11-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Some people are seriously THAT bored and overly jeolous that they take the time to make up an anonymous ID here to send such a rediculous message with no leg to stand on?

Helen, We love your work!! And we do know how extensive your credits are on your TOU's, so I don't know what the fuss is all about with this person. And AMEN to the above: A new creation is a new creation!

Addie

HollyS
11-14-2007, 03:57 PM
We all love ya Helen!

Melody
11-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Ditto everything that has been said. I think you are very careful about giving credit where credit is due. If this person had a problem they really should have PM'd you first and waited for a response instead of attacking you in the forums. Don't worry Helen, you don't have to defend your integrity to us.

KattyZak
11-15-2007, 03:50 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Helen. Don't let this meanness get to you - so not worth it because your stuff rocks!

emst
11-15-2007, 05:09 AM
I can't believe that someone would write such a thing about your work. If they ever took the time to even really look at your work or even purchase one of your kits they would know that you give credit where credit is due. How dare someone make (1) post to try and make you look bad. Well I for one and I know everyone else that is a true member of GDS knows you well enough to know what an awesome and trustworthy designer you are. I also agree with everyone else's comments. You are one fantastic designer Helen. We don't feel that you should have to explain yourself, but knowing you, you felt the need to explain and you explained it perfectly.