PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gift projects?

HollyS
11-12-2007, 06:13 AM
So............maybe I'm a little late or maybe I'm early, just don't know....! Wondering what you all are working on to give as digiscrap gifts for Christmas this year, also known as Hybrid projects. I gotta get going on my projects so looking for ideas...

If you are working on something with designs by an outside designer, please don't link offsite. Just want to get the gist of what you are doing and in what size.

Thanks!

twirlyjoy
11-12-2007, 07:01 AM
I am doing more scrap pages for my friend's baby's scrapbook - so 20 pages to do!!! I am also doing an altered board book for her to actually look at - her Mum is too scared she will ruin the pages I do, so a board book copy for her will be perfect!

Am also doing small concertina-type mini albums for each of my girls.

KattyZak
11-12-2007, 07:40 AM
I wanted to scan in some old black and whites of my family growing up and make each family a small album, but I'm not so sure about the scanning.
Also, thinking calendars of some sort.
I won a calendar from Rhonna Farrer and I got pretty excited that it would be digi but I guess it is not? Not sure when or what to expect there.
I also want to collage a serving tray for niece[s].
I also have a cool deal on shutterfly books so really should be thinking about an album to do...thinking outloud, maybe I will make DS's GF an album.

emst
11-12-2007, 08:39 AM
One thing for Christmas that I'm doing is a calendar for my daughter and her mother-in-law of Madeline. I did this last year and they loved it and asked if I would do new layouts this year. What I do is a 6 1/2 wide and a 4 1/2 high layout, I make sure I leave enough room to put the month and days on them. I then bought flip albums that you can either lay flat on a table and use as a book or you have it stand up and flip the pages for each month. Michelle has hers on her desk at work and Todd's parents have theirs on their desk at home.

mosser77
11-13-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm making these!
http://emilygiovanni.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/target-notebook-11-10-07-erg.jpg

She's got more great tutorials for altered stuff on her website: http://emilygiovanni.com/?page_id=189

I bought some chipboard letters and put the initial of the 'giftee' in the corner. I also found some adhesive ribbon in the clearance rack at Joann's, so I used that to cover up my booboo seam between the paper and the fabric. :)

KattyZak
11-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Very cute, Erin.

babyofmine
11-13-2007, 01:09 PM
that's super cute, erin! I also like the calendar idea, elaine! Kathy, those are fantastic ideas!! twirlyjoy, I've done one board book, and he loved it!
I'm still working on brag books, but at the rate I'm going, it's seriously going to be next year before I get them printied. :laugh:

Melody
11-13-2007, 03:41 PM
I've got a million ideas but have not settled on anything yet. I know I want to do calendars for my family. I did them paper scrapping several years ago and everyone loved them. Digi should be much cheaper and easier! I'm just trying to figure out the most economical way to do it, (ie. print pages at home and have them bound somewhere, print and bound somewhere, etc.). I want to do a CD case calendar for my friend which should be super fast and easy. I also saw a site where you can get little magnets printed up so I'm debating those as extras. Then again I saw another place where they do coasters...

So yeah. Too many ideas. I better decide and start getting it done though!

BTW. Super cute idea Erin. Is it just a journal, or address book or what?

Oh yeah, I knit also so I've got an afghan and several hats to make as well. Not the mention the pj's I've made for my son for the last couple of years.

I think it's time to give up sleep!

mosser77
11-14-2007, 02:56 AM
BTW. Super cute idea Erin. Is it just a journal, or address book or what?

It's a little journal/notebook, like 5" x 2"...they come in packs of 2 for $2.49 at Target, which i thought was a really good deal, so I bought them out :) Especially since I'd been looking at every target for a couple of weeks and they were all gone - so when I saw them I got the whole lot :)

HollyS
11-26-2007, 06:45 AM
So, anyone have any of the christmas gifts done and send share pics of what they created??? Just upload a pic as an attachment to this thread to share :)

BobbieB
11-26-2007, 09:23 AM
I am working majorly on scanning and uploading those pictures.
I have 2 of the layout pages done already. I think I'm fixing to go nuts and get templates its easier and quicker for me since I have to try and make my MIL this books of her kids and grandkids. while working and doing my grandmothers website.

I personally think its going to be fabulous lol. Tho this does remind me I need to get some little boy scraps for her 4 grandsons. All I got is majorly majorly girlie stuff. but pay day is not till friday so girls first.

lillypug34
11-26-2007, 09:37 AM
I haven't created anything that isn't digital ... yet, lol!
I did decide to splurge and found a digital picture frame for my parents - I figured it would be a nice way for them to "watch" the layouts I create!

mosser77
11-26-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm still making those notebooks I posted about earlier :rolleyes1: and I also found a site that will print layouts onto magnets, so I'm trying to get everything organized for that....plus, I need to take a Christmas pic and get my card designed....yikes!

Maisie
11-26-2007, 10:17 AM
This is a fabulous idea!!!
And they were all on sale this past weekend!!
Darn!

I haven't created anything that isn't digital ... yet, lol!
I did decide to splurge and found a digital picture frame for my parents - I figured it would be a nice way for them to "watch" the layouts I create!