PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Shopping??

twirlyjoy
11-10-2007, 05:20 AM
Has anyone started (or even finished????) their Christmas shopping????

I am sooooo disorganised this year that I haven't even started - not one thing have I bought!! Nor do I even have a clue as to what I am going to buy! My girls have honestly not asked for anything in particular!!

Sexy__Eyes
11-10-2007, 06:04 AM
HA STARTED!!!! I havent even started to think about it. Most of my shopping Im able to do on line so Im lucky.

kel3120
11-10-2007, 06:18 AM
I haven't even started thinking about Christmas shopping! I am always a last minute shopper... a couple years I was in the stores on Christmas Eve day. Not fun! Every year I try to get better. Usually I start out with the day after Thanksgiving sales.

tborntreger
11-10-2007, 06:58 AM
Well I have picked up a couple things...but I always look at toys and think...how will this junk up my house and I normally put them back on the shelf a keep walking. I have no idea even what to get the boys or better yet what is going to be recalled in the next week. If anyone can give me some great ideas for gifts for two 3 1/2 yr old and a 1 1/2 yr old boys please shout out!!!

I have to get going soon or I'll be like Kelly and in the store on Christmas Eve.

emst
11-10-2007, 07:13 AM
I have one thing that I picked up in South Carolina at this huge flea market, indoor and at least 3 blocks long, a basket made out one piece of wood that folds down flat. Todd tells Michelle all the time, you have to stop buying more bowls or baskets. I saw this and knew she would love it so I'm the one that bought it, that doesn't count. As far as anything else, haven't done anything but tell myself that I need to shop.

Maisie
11-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Haven't even started, but I have been thinking about it. lol

griest
11-10-2007, 09:54 AM
I love the holiday season and start early so I can just sit back and enjoy the sights and sounds and events. My husband and I are taking the kids (ages 27, 24, and 18) on a carribean cruise the 2nd week of the year, so not so much shopping to do as this is a big part of their xmas. but I have just written out my xmas cards and have picked up a few odds and ends. I just got back my favorite recipe cards that I made and had printed (25 tried and true favorite holiday treats) and I make 5-6 recipes books for my friends. l also just completed my mom and dad's 50th wedding anniversary book and sent off to RealBooks to have printed and bound. (They do a great job, BTW, if you are thinking of doing this) I also take a week vacation the week after thanksgiving to do the baking a decorating! BTW--did I say I love the holidays! LOL

Antje
11-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Well I have picked up a couple things...but I always look at toys and think...how will this junk up my house and I normally put them back on the shelf a keep walking. I have no idea even what to get the boys or better yet what is going to be recalled in the next week. If anyone can give me some great ideas for gifts for two 3 1/2 yr old and a 1 1/2 yr old boys please shout out!!!

I have to get going soon or I'll be like Kelly and in the store on Christmas Eve.

LOL - Robin is about the same age. He gets the engine shed (portable roundhouse) from Thomas the tank engine TakeAlong trains. Thats the one thing we already have for him.
He loves Thomas and has tons of stuff, but is always complaing about the missing engine shed.

Pahina722
11-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Does having a cart full of gifts at Amazon.com count? If so, then, yes, I've started my shopping! Otherwise, I'm still trying to come up with ideas for my impossible-to-buy-for parents and in-laws. I love them dearly, but they're all at the stage in their lives that if they want something, they buy it immediately. It makes it very difficult to come up with a thoughtful gift for them. (You'd think that as Christmas got closer, they'd stop shopping for themselves---but nooooooo . . . . )

anitastreet
11-11-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm almost done :) I have a couple big things to pick up still but I know what they are (a Nintendo DS lite for Katie and a Fisher Price "my 1st digital camera" for Lizzie..

I usually start early..and finish with the day after Thanksgiving sales (just a tradition I can't give up..it's so crazy but I go first think when the stores open and I'm usually home by 10am) I tend to overbuy by shopping early...I tuck things away and forget what I have! This year is better.. I have everything in one spot. This is also the first year that Walmart is not offering layaway.. I've used that the past few years for toys as it's easy to keep them hidden somewhere and still get the goodies before they are all sold out. One of my gifts has to be returned already..

there was an article about the new Aquadots toy being recalled...and I had it all already for Katie..she's been wanting it since summer! frustrating but at least it can be returned...for those that haven't seen the recall..the glue contains chemicals that the body converts to the date rape drug...2 children were in non repsonsive comas from it..thankfully I think they have recovered..but still, very scary.

KattyZak
11-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Yea, the whole toy recall is quite scary. Yikes.
Like Griest, we are going on a family vacation and are going to try and keep things light, not easy for me to do as both my DH and I tend to go overboard, but we almost canceled the trip due to this huge economy slow down, but are going ahead with a lighter than normal Christmas.
Was out today and got DS 2 hoodies from AE on clearance w/coupon and a hat.
My family exchanges stocking stuffers which is super fun so I have been stocking up all year...if its cheap, buy it kind of deal.
Last year my DD [and her BF at the time ??] did the after Thanksgiving sale and what a riot that was. Left the house at 3:00 and were at Best Buy by 3:30...that was fun, fun! Definitely doing that again. I doubt the xBF would venture out again...lol