PDA

View Full Version : Where are the lucky ones?

Debra
11-10-2007, 03:47 AM
Ok so Helen and I were talking about Veteran's Day.. and sales, etc.. and Helen mentioned of course the kids being off of school on monday for Veteran's Day. I went through the school calendar for November and nope.. no school off for Hannah --- I have to work Monday either way...

But just wondering... Where are those lucky ones who are home for the Holiday with no kids on Monday? (No offense regarding our loving children... but a day like that for a digiscrapper is a day of pure "digi fix"!) :gogo::gogo:

emst
11-10-2007, 04:24 AM
I don't know Debra, at my age and being retired you'd think I would have the time everyday but for some reason I don't. I think I had more time to myself when I was raising my kids than now, partly because I try to cram too much into one day.

Sexy__Eyes
11-10-2007, 04:24 AM
Im off Monday but Im off every Monday and this week the boys are with their dad. :wink:

Debra
11-10-2007, 04:47 AM
Im off Monday but Im off every Monday and this week the boys are with their dad. :wink:

oh boy.. party time~!!

Debra
11-10-2007, 04:48 AM
I don't know Debra, at my age and being retired you'd think I would have the time everyday but for some reason I don't. I think I had more time to myself when I was raising my kids than now, partly because I try to cram too much into one day.

That's so funny... I hear that alot from retired people... they often seem to wonder how they ever had the time to work!:eek1

Pahina722
11-11-2007, 03:12 PM
DH and I are both teachers, so we're both off, but so is DS. They're both also off the whole week for Thanksgiving, while I'm not (K-12 schools versus college), so I'm a bit bummed about that.

anitastreet
11-11-2007, 06:06 PM
our schools are all open tomorrow...and I'm home as usual..but have a ton of housework to get done!

ScrapShana
11-11-2007, 06:37 PM
We don't get tomorrow off, but we do get all of next week off for TG!! :) Which is good, because these few weeks after Halloween are pure torture on us teachers. How long does it take for sugar to leave a kid's system anyway???? Hope those who are off have an enjoyable day. Let's not forget the reason for the day though.

Blessings to all!

KattyZak
11-11-2007, 06:52 PM
School tomorrow. DD has a funeral for a classmate which is so sad. Was having a procedure and his heart stop. The kids have really rallied together to show their support. And we are busy...Basketball tip off Tuesday night, soccer banquet tomorrow nite, bunko here on Thurs. And Thanksgiving is next week? Tell me its not so.

Maisie
11-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Ah... I had today off. My kids are gone, but I tried to go grocery shopping, not realizing all the goverment workers were off today. Talk about busy!