PDA

View Full Version : OT. Ok ladies I want hear about your best secrets

KattyZak
11-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Don't hold back...tell me all of your tips and tricks for looking younger.
Just bought some Two Face eye wrinkle injection...spendy. Which got me to thinking about preparation H...have you tried that?

Oh, there is another one about teeth whitening that is in my inbox. I can share that if you are interested.

Don't hold back. Spill it out.

Thanks.

Sexy__Eyes
11-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Sorry Kathy I just let nature take its course, oh and I use hair dye regularly...lol. The photo I have up for Scrapper of the month is my most recent, taken this June. The quality of the photo is bad tho.

anitastreet
11-05-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm another one that leaves it to nature....probably will regret that at some point :) but I have oily skin...so I don't use moisturizers...and some extra weight helps actually...less wrinkles! My younger sister (43 this month) just lost 40 lbs....and got asked if she wanted a senior discount at a local store!!! LOL) she had gray roots at that point..but said the weight loss brought out a lot of wrinkles!

I'm fortunate to not have gray hair at 47...but it's become dull with age...so I think it's time for highlights.

My one area that really needs help...around my eyes. I found clinique's "all about eyes" to be good...as well as a few other clinique products I've gotten samples of recently. I really think that any face care program is good if you stick with it.. and that's always been my downfall!

My photo in the Supreme Team bio is current..from Mother's Day this year. Not too bad for approaching 50...and chasing 2 little girls all day!

Melody
11-06-2007, 01:09 AM
I don't use anything, yet. I have heard the one about preperation H though. I also read that they have changed their formula over the past years so that the formula they sell now doesn't have the same effect. I think you might still be able to get the older formula if you buy some in Canada though...

KattyZak
11-06-2007, 05:20 AM
Really Melody, I haven't heard that - bummer, actually big, big bummer, though putting butt cream on my face seems rather odd. I am so skeptical about buying some of the expensive remedies. I used to do some Clinique but I don't get to the mall nearly as much and its about a 40 minute drive so go to Ulta moreso.
I need one of those shows, Oprah or Regis and Kelly when they do their beauty secrets - those are always favorites of mine.
I color, too. Go from salon to home dying. The picture here is from the beginning of the year and I am not sure if my supreme pic is posted but that is this summer.

gigichet
11-06-2007, 06:10 AM
I am one of those lucky women that has inherited the dark circles under the eyes from my past generations so I always look like I am dead or death warmed over and I try at least use moisturizer on my face and neck daily (okay I said TRY) and I color my hair. But I am also very lucky to have a husband that thinks that I am beautiful regardless of what I look like so I thank God for him every day.

HollyS
11-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Ok, I'm not even 40 and I have grey hairs...not lots but they drive me crazy!!!! I too have a wonderful husband who never makes me feel ugly!

mosser77
11-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Ok, I'm not even 40 and I have grey hairs...not lots but they drive me crazy!!!! I too have a wonderful husband who never makes me feel ugly!

I'm 30 and have grey hairs! Luckily they are mostly underneath, so it's only obvious if I put my hair in a ponytail. I used to be able to just pull them, but the more I get the less appealing that sounds...I'd rather be grey than have bald spots!

emst
11-06-2007, 07:43 AM
I let nature take it's course other than hair color, that is one thing that I make sure I do, the grey made me looked tired and washed out. I do use body lotions and face cream to keep my skin moisturized, if you don't this southern sun would dry you up like a prune real fast and I love being outdoors, don't want to be called "Prune Face". My new photo was taken the day after we got back from Disney two weeks ago. I had my husband cut about 4 inches off of my hair, didn't like it that long. Two years ago my hair was real short, cut over the ears short and I wore it like that for 20 years, then decided to let it grow, made it easy to pull up in a pony tail to swim all summer.

Maisie
11-06-2007, 07:54 AM
OK,
A couple of summers ago, I sat out in the sun for a few hours, and I now have ugly age spots all over my face. I have been using Olay's regenerist. But not much luck with it yet. But there are comparisons between Olay's products and the expensive big names, and Olay does the same for less money.
I religiously use my face creams every night.
My hair is totally gray at age 55, so now I am a blonde. lol
I am overweight, so that does help with the wrinkles. If I ever lose the weight I want to, and get all wrinkly, you can bet I will take out loans for a facelift.
I am thinking about a tummy tuck now, though.
Oh, my kids started getting gray at ages 16 and 17. They are now 34 and 30.
dd dies her hair. She hates the gray.
Age never, ever bothered me until, one day I looked in the mirror and asked who that old lady was...lol. It's like the last couple of years, it all started. My body is undergoing a complete change.
But I still have a good humor about it! LOL

Andrea
11-06-2007, 09:08 AM
My best beauty secret...ummm...hmmmm??? I have had acne all of my life, not the bad stuff...just the annoying kind! It has gone away since I have been using mineral makeup instead of the grocery store stuff! I also found that I can't wash my face all the time...makes it worse. I use witch hazel to clean it at night and that's about it! I use whatever free Avon moisturizer my Grandma (the avon lady) gives me! lol!

As for the rest of me, nature just take's it's course. I'm not the type to get my hair or nails done and I have a great husband who would be happy if I just wore no makeup and my extremely naturally curly hair all the time! He doesn't get why I straighten it! I guess it's all for beauty!!! My finger nails are piano short all the time too! :laugh:

KattyZak
11-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Mary, I hear you...its like one day its like what happened. I have to say I am not aging gracefully and it is killing me. I am also trying Roc face peel but am not near diligent enough to see any results, its for age spots...and my friend had success with it. Hard to find, but it is at Costco, Ulta and Walgreens.
I knew this young, single gal from church that was grossly overweight but delightful. I pegged her for mid 20's I about died when she was closer to my age, mid-40's...meaning totally wrinkle free.
DH would never say anything but its my kids. Dang. My DD wants me to get hair extensions so we went to a salon and priced them out...a mere 500 bucks and another 50 or so monthly maintenance. Dang.

ETA Oil of Olay's perfumes don't agree with me.

Maisie
11-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Kathy,
I didn't think about people who are allergic to some fragrances. Bummer.
I just bought some new stuff this afternoon. I've had my makeup for years and figured maybe I needed some new stuff! lol
Wow! 500 for hair extensions??? Who knew?

amyleigh1204
11-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Everyone tells me that I look like I am around 27...I wish!!! I have a ton of gray, so color is a must! Drinking lots of water and exercising are important, too. Even when I didn't exercise, the water was a must. It really helps keep the extra pounds off! Other than that....getting plenty of sleep!

gigichet
11-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Everyone tells me that I look like I am around 27...I wish!!! I have a ton of gray, so color is a must! Drinking lots of water and exercising are important, too. Even when I didn't exercise, the water was a must. It really helps keep the extra pounds off! Other than that....getting plenty of sleep!

You are gorgeous Amy I have told you that before. And you, Elaine and Debra all sure don't look your age. I have heard that water is wonderful and it also helps get the impurities out of your system. I should drink a lot more of it. And I agree sleep is a must and I try for 8 hours every night.

gigichet
11-06-2007, 02:27 PM
My best beauty secret...ummm...hmmmm??? I have had acne all of my life, not the bad stuff...just the annoying kind! It has gone away since I have been using mineral makeup instead of the grocery store stuff! I also found that I can't wash my face all the time...makes it worse. I use witch hazel to clean it at night and that's about it! I use whatever free Avon moisturizer my Grandma (the avon lady) gives me! lol!

As for the rest of me, nature just take's it's course. I'm not the type to get my hair or nails done and I have a great husband who would be happy if I just wore no makeup and my extremely naturally curly hair all the time! He doesn't get why I straighten it! I guess it's all for beauty!!! My finger nails are piano short all the time too! :laugh:

I love, love, love the mineral makeup...and I get mine from Sally's Beauty Supply too. It is much cheaper then Bare Essentials and works just as well. And it is the only thing that will cover the dark circles under my eyes and only takes about 5 minutes to put my makeup on and gives you a healthy, natural glow. GREAT STUFF!

amysum1
11-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Great thread, Kathy! I have also put the butt cream on my face, but it didn't seem to help. LOL. I've lived in South Florida on and off since I was 13 so I've done some pretty major damage. I love getting microdermabrasion at the spa..it's a temporary fix, but you look great for a week afterwards...

Unlike everyone else, I am SO not into letting nature takes it's course! Since I do theatre and film work (occasionally), it's not an option for me either. I have had chemical peels (ouch, I do not recommend) and if I can ever get enough money together I will start the botox! I am serious! Retin A seems to be the best for getting rid of the dead skin. I would highly suggest it to anyone whose skin is not overly sensitive.

I know I sound very high maintenance now, but in reality, most days I am in sweats with my hair in a bun and no makeup.

I agree with the mineral makeup, the witch hazel and the drinking lots of water...all great tips!

KattyZak
11-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Never thought about witch hazel. As a cleanser?
Andrea, I also have extremely curly hair, no, not curly, make that wirey. DD has a pretty curl and DS has the bigger curls.

Keep 'em coming.

Pahina722
11-07-2007, 04:40 AM
I swear by Bare Minerals make-up. It really does help to diffuse the look of the lines and even out my skin tone.

For cleaning/toning/moisturizing, I use DHC skincare products. It's a company from Japan in which everything is based on olive oil and other natural products. Yes, I know that using olive oil to clean my oily skin seems NUTS, but it really works without my face feeling tight afterwards. Google the company and request a catalog. Their catalogs include samples of products and every time you order, you can request 4 samples as well.

I'm fighting Mother Nature every step of the way--and just yesterday, my seniors argued with me about my age. They wouldn't believe that I was over 40 (I'm 47), so something must be working.

babyofmine
11-07-2007, 11:04 AM
I am one of those lucky women that has inherited the dark circles under the eyes from my past generations so I always look like I am dead or death warmed over and I try at least use moisturizer on my face and neck daily (okay I said TRY) and I color my hair. But I am also very lucky to have a husband that thinks that I am beautiful regardless of what I look like so I thank God for him every day.
I also inherited the dark circles! I often get asked, "How are you?" Like they think I'm dying or something. :laugh: As I'm still pretty young, and want to look like it for a long time, I use a skincare regimen, mostly Mary Kay products. I have dry skin, so I have to use moisturizer.
I also color my hair, but at this point it's just for fun. :D